Chapter 13

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her lips are just as soft as she remembered, her skin just as warm and once Soojin placed her hand on the back of her neck to pull her even closer, it didn't take much to realize the smell of peaches was still there as well; Her tongue touched her lips and that seemed to make Shuhua snap back to reality as she quickly moved back, placing her hands on Soojin's shoulders to keep her away while the other also seemed to realize what had happened as they both stayed still, processing their actions before Shuhua's eyes finally met Soojin's eyes.

"I-..." Soojin couldn't think of anything to say, she her lips and could still feel how soft the other's lips were but Shuhua looked down again, clearly distressed by what happened, mumbling something in her mother tongue. "Shuhua-"

"I'm so sorry." The younger was quick to say, pulling her hands away from Soojin's shoulders. "You-... I-... I'm very sorry." She said before getting up in a hurry and grabbing her stuff as she leaves the studio and something inside the older's chest told her to go after the taiwanesse and without thinking twice she stood up and went after Shuhua, locking the door behind her and approaching the younger's car just in time. 

"Shuhua, please let's… let's talk about what happened." Soojin said, leaning against the open window of the younger's car and Shuhua shook her head.

"There's nothing to talk about. That was wrong and, and, and d-dirty." Soojin knew what she was feeling, Shuhua was engaged to someone else and despite making it clear she didn't feel anything for that woman, she still wanted to respect her, it was the minimum and Soojin could understand that.

"Please, let's go somewhere else and we can talk more calmly about this." The older one insisted. "We can't keep doing this."

Shuhua's hands tighten around the steering wheel before she closes her eyes and Soojin stays where she was, staring at the younger woman and waiting for her response and with a relieved sigh she watched as Shuhua leaned towards her to unlock the front door to let her in and so Soojin quickly made her way inside and put on the seat belt, looking at the taiwanesse who started to drive without saying anything. 

"I'm sorry." Shuhua said one more time and Soojin looked at her. "That wasn't supposed to happen."

"But it did and I should apologize as well." Soojin told her, staring at her own hands. "I kissed you back."

Shuhua didn't reply and kept on driving and Soojin just looked at her; She knew kissing Shuhua was wrong, after all the other was getting ready to get married and go back home after this one work and Soojin knew what just happened between them most likely made her confused and the older woman couldn't bring herself to feel bad about it, which was the worst part. Soyeon was right, she still felt something and was too scared to admit to herself. 

And now those feelings came out at the worst moment and in the worst way possible. By kissing Shuhua; Yet no regret came into her chest, no matter how much she reminds herself that there's someone out there at home, waiting for Shuhua to come home, daydreaming about their wedding, making plans about their future while Soojin has her lips and hands on her like some homewrecker. 

Shuhua parked the car next to a random parking lot she found and Soojin smiled as she looked around. 

"You know…" She started. "This is the place where you took me and tried to teach me basketball, remember?" She told her, casually and watched the other look around, her expression turning softer as she seemed to recognize the place despite all these years. 

"It feels like yesterday." She heard Shuhua mumble, mostly to herself. "Soojin… about what happened-"

"Shuhua, I think we're both mature enough to admit that we still feel attracted to each other" Soojin said right away, there was no reason to avoid the actual reason they're there. Shuhua looked away, but Soojin knew she agreed with her. "Our kiss… It won't happen again. You have my word." Soojin touched her shoulder.

"It's not only that." Shuhua said. "I know, I said there's no love in my relationship." The younger one told her before turning back to look at Soojin. "But she's a friend, and I promised loyalty above everything, and I promise to be truthful… But clearly saying the truth isn't something I'm able to do." 

"Are you… gonna tell her?" Soojin asked. 

"Yes, It's what Debby deserves." Shuhua said, but she didn't know when she would have the time to talk to her, the other was just as busy as her. 

'Her name is Debby' Somehow knowing her name only made things real and Soojin's grip on Shuhua's shoulder tightens as looks into the younger's eyes before she looks down again and removes her hand. 

"I never thought I would be able to do something like this." Shuhua said, looking forward. "Betraying someone, I told myself I would be better this time, better than-'' She stops herself and sighs and covers her face with her hands and Soojin leaned closer to her, her hand was now on the back of her neck, hoping to comfort the other somehow. She didn't expect Shuhua to feel like this.

"Shuhua… If you would like…" She suddenly felt like it was hard to speak. "We can cancel our classes together and I can recommend another dance teacher, I know some people-" 

Shuhua only shakes her head without looking at her and before Soojin could say anything else the other leaned back again but Soojin's hand remained on the back of her neck as she looked at her, worried. She wasn't crying, but her eyes were watery.

"You know…" Shuhua started. "My parents were about to get a divorce before my father passed away." She told her an Soojin was surprised by that, Mr. and Mrs. Yeh never really behaved like a lovey dovey couple but she just assumed they just didn't liked to flaunt the relationship in public, Shuhua was the same when they used to date but it seems like that wasn't the case. "Nobody really knows about it." 

"Shuhua-"

"Father told me that they fell out of love,  that it's a normal thing to happen for couples." She could still remember their talk, word by word in his office years ago. "and I believed him."

Soojin didn't know how to reply so her hands moved to hold Shuhua's hands and the younger one held her hands tight.

"When my Father died, he wanted his ashes to be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter