Chapter 17

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was out…” She said, “I was out... kissing someone else”

To Miyeon’s surprise, Minnie laughed and then shook her head before making her way to the bathroom.

“Yeah, right. As if” She heard the woman say and Miyeon closed her eyes realizing Minnie wasn’t believing in her; Nothing could break the trust Minnie had on Miyeon, not even when their marriage wasn't in its best days. “Where would you find another person, Miyeon?" Minnie laughs again.

"I went out with him today, as friends, we went to see a movie and then went out to eat something, but then we ended up kissing each other." Miyeon continued, thinking back at what had happened before.

 

Hwiyoung held her face between his hands as he kissed her back, his hold was gently and his kiss was sweet and yet, it didn't feel right, and soon enough what was supposed to distract her from the ache in her heart suddenly filled her with guilt; She couldn't betray Minnie no matter how much she wanted to, how much she wanted to get back at her. 

So she quickly moved away and felt embarrassed as he looked at her, confused by the tears on her eyes. 

"What happened-"

"I can't do this. I'm sorry." Miyeon said, moving further away and he frowned, not understanding. 

"I'm sorry, I made you uncomfortable?" He asked and Miyeon closes her eyes and shakes her head; He wasn't the problem, he was a sweet man and a caring person and would be a great boyfriend, for any woman lucky enough to have him but that woman wasn't Miyeon, who even now could only want her Minnie and nobody else.

"I'm… I'm married" 

She should've told him that before, and she doesn't really have an excuse as to why she didn't, she had no second intentions by not telling him this. Maybe she just wanted to feel like Cho Miyeon again, instead of Miyeon, The married woman. 

"What?" He seemed hurt by her words, and didn't need to be a genius to realize he most likely was expecting more between them and those words aren't what he expected to hear. 

"I think my wife is cheating on me-"

"And so you thought it was ok to use me to get back at her?" 

His words are harsh, but true. She wanted to hurt Minnie, to have something to use against her and hurt her as much as she felt hurt, but didn't think about how her actions could hurt the man in front of her, the man who she saw as a friend, one she made on her own after so long. 

"I'm so sorry…"

He didn't reply, only turned to face the steering wheel and started to drive again.

"I'm taking you home." That's all he said. 

 

Miyeon snapped out of her thoughts when Minnie slowly came out of the bathroom, her smile and relaxed posture was gone and she seemed to hesitate as she walked in, after listening to those words and most likely thinking it was too detailed to be a lie.

"Those… T-Those jokes are not funny, Miyeon." She forced a laugh, hoping for the other to reveal this was some sick prank and then one of the girls would come out from under the bed or something laughing at her face. But nothing happened, Miyeon just kept looking at her. 

"I thought you were cheating on me-"

"So you thought it was okay to go the first person you found instead of talking to me like an adult!?" She flinched at the way Minnie yelled.

"I didn't sleep with anyone! It was just a kiss, I have been going out with him just as friends before this! I swear!" She explained.

"I'm supposed to believe that when you hid this from me?" Minnie asked. "Eleven years thrown to waste because you couldn't confront me--"

"What was I supposed to do?!" Miyeon stood up, yelling back. "You came home late every night, smelling like god knows what and I was supposed to think what?!"

"You were supposed to trust me like I trust you, like I trusted you!" Minnie said. "And If you want to know, I wasn't cheating on you, I was simply hanging out with my friends from work after I left the office!" 

"Then why not tell me?! Why lie?!" Miyeon yelled.

"Because you suffocate me, Miyeon!" Minnie yelled back and Miyeon sat back on the bed again, those words hurt her more than anything, more than if Minnie had told her she had someone else. "Because you want to know my every move, who I talk to, who I'm looking at and it's tiring! I'm tired!" She rubbed her face with her hands. "Funny thing is, the one who kept controlling who I'm friends with is the one who didn't hesitate to make her way to someone else's arms-"

"That's not true-" Miyeon watches as Minnie walks towards their dresser and starts to pick up some clothes. "Wait, where are you going?" 

"I'm leaving" 

"You're not leaving!" Miyeon said, tried to grab the clothes from her hands but Minnie didn't let her. "You can't leave me!" She grabbed Minnie's arms to keep her from moving away. 

"Stop, Miyeon!" Minnie yelled, pushing her into the bed. "Stop. Enough, I'm leaving and be thankful I'm not kicking you out instead." She said, before grabbing some clothes again and not even bothering to get a suitcase or anything to put her clothes in before walking out, Miyeon quickly stood up and went after her. 

"Minnie, please-" She called as they went down the stairs, only to be ignored. "Hear me out please, I didn't do it on purpose-" 

Minnie turned around right away once they're on the living room. 

"You think I'm stupid?" She asked. "You had a thing with someone else because you thought I was cheating on you, I know you did it on purpose. You wanted to hurt me, admit that!" Minnie said. "For once admit you did something wrong!" 

"I know what I did wrong! But you were lying too!"

"So me lying to go out with some friends justify you going behind my back?!"

"I didn't say that!" Miyeon yelled. "Stop putting words in my mouth."

Minnie simply shakes her head and starts to walk away again and Miyeon quickly follows her, grabbing her arm to keep her from going out.

"Miyeon!-" Minnie pulled her arm, but the older one only held it harder. "Let me go before I have to force you to!" She said. 

"Don't leave, let's talk!" The other begged. "You want me on my knees? I will-"

"No, I want you to let me go so I can leave!" Minnie finally pulled her arm forcefully, making Miyeon lose her balance for a second. "I'm leaving, I need time away from you and to think." There was a pause. "Tomorrow morning, when you go pick up Minji, explain to her why her mother won't be coming home." 

Then she left and Miyeon let her this time before sitting on the floor, crying as she heard the sound of the car leaving. 

 

 

 

 

 

x--------------------×-------------------x

 

 

Soojin snickered once Shuhua came out of the bathroom, it was a slumber party so the woman needed a proper pajamas and the woman was nice enough to give Shuhua hers, but she couldn't stop herself from laughing at how short the sleeves and pants were on her. She did grow a lot. 

"You look funny." 

"Yeah Yeah" Shuhua mumbled and Soojin laughed before standing up from the bed and walking towards Shuhua, fixing the pajamas. 

"Come, Minji is probably assaulting Soyeon' hair at this point" She said before grabbing Shuhua by the wrist and dragging her out only for the younger to stop her while they're in the hallway. "What is it?" She asked, worried about the sudden action. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter