Chapter 9

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Peaches.

Soft and sweet peach scent. 

That is the first thing Soojin could smell as she feels the sun shine through the curtains of her room, the sunlight hitting her face which had her frowning as she curses internally for forgetting to close her window last night, however as she tries to move around it doesn't take long for Soojin to realize she wasn't alone in bed which has her body freezing on the spot and her mind start to race trying to remember what had happened the night before, and who was breathing so softly next to her; She wasn't the type of person for one night stands, she learned that the hard way so the fact that there was someone on her bed was worrying; The woman slowly looked around and quickly noticed the long black hair, spilled across her pillow like silk, shining so enchanting under the sunlight, as the pale arms were resting so gently on top of the covers while the other woman was sleeping so peacefully. It was Shuhua. 

'No, No, No, No-"

Soojin felt panic run through her veins yet couldn't bring herself to move, eyes glued on the woman sleeping next to her, the storm that was Shuhua always seemed the calmest when sleeping, her features became softer and relaxed, a rare sight and the older woman was always enamored with that, seeing the peaceful look on her face, even now it had the same effect on her, like a spell; With her heart beating faster by the second, the woman gathered enough courage to lift her bedsheets and sighing in relief as she notices their clothes from last night was still there, as it should be. 

'What happened last night?' She sat on the bed and looked around the room and everything seemed in place besides the two bottles of Soju on the bedside table. That explained why she couldn't remember anything, she looked at Shuhua again, whatever had happened the night before was enough for the younger to be way too comfortable on her bed. Soojin reached out for her hair, pushing it off her face as she smiles to herself before quickly pulling her hand away and shaking her head, reminding herself that the taiwanesse shouldn't be there at all, especially not on her bed.

Soojin rubbed her fingers on the sides of her head as she tried to remember anything from the previous night and how she ended up in this situation with her now engaged ex-girlfriend of all people; She can remember talking with Shuhua by the door of the apartment before everything becomes blurry and unclear, like blank spaces on a sentence, she couldn't put the puzzle pieces together just yet, she shouldn't have drank anything, especially with Shuhua. What happened that made her make this decision all of sudden?

She heard sleepy mumbling coming from the other side of the bed and so it didn't take long to realize that Shuhua was finally waking up, looking as confused as Soojin before her eyes landed on the woman sitting next to her and the older woman watch as the taiwanesse's eyes widened in horror before she automatically pulled the bed sheets against her chest tightly, in any other situation she would have laughed at that reaction, maybe if she wasn't one of the involved. 

"What are you doing in my room?"

"My room, You're in my apartment."

Shuhua looked around, finally taking in the brand new environment, Soojin's room. The last time she was in Soojin's room was almost a lifetime ago and she could still remember the decorated walls and the stereo on top of her desk where she would play songs and they would dance like idiots all afternoon, the current room she was in was totally different, it was a woman's room, however it still had the Soojin touch that she used to like. That sense of freedom Shuhua never had. 

"Why am I here?"

"I have no idea" 

Soojin then pointed at the Soju bottles on the bedside table and Shuhua looked even more confused, she doesn't drink that often anymore, and knew for a fact that she wouldn't drink with her ex of all people. 

"I guess we got too comfortable" 

"Did… Did we-?" It was a fair assumption to make, Soojin knew that just because the other woman had no feelings for the person she's engaged to doesn't mean she would be okay with the idea of seeking for someone else. 

"We didn't." 'At least I hope we didn't' Soojin thought as she watched the relief on the other's face. "I think we just got too drunk to get up" 

Shuhua nods, looking around and finding her phone on the other bedside table, a heavy sigh escaping her lips once she notices the 20 missing calls and 10 unread messages. She was in trouble for sure and it's not even 9am yet. 

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Soojin had to ask. "My memory is limited, all I can remember is talking to you by the door."

Shuhua frowned as she tried to remember anything, but her mind was filled with quick flashes of herself and Soojin drinking together in the kitchen before moving to the living room, how they ended up in bed together was still a mystery. 

"Nothing besides drinking together." Shuhua replied and Soojin only stared at her with a frown that the younger knew too well. "I'm not lying. Why would I anyway?" She asked, finally sitting on the bed and groaning at the sudden headache. "Great, a hangover"

'or stress because you overwork' Soojin wanted to say but instead she only got up from her bed, the taiwanesse should leave soon enough before-

There's a knock on the door and the younger looks at Soojin, panicked. 

"Soojin, are you awake?" Hui's voice comes from the other side. "You didn't come eat breakfast so I've decided to check on you." Shuhua looked at Soojin and then back to the door, however the man on the other side didn't tried to come in, the taiwanesse decided to take that as a hint that they weren't close enough to just barge into each other's rooms like her and Yuqi do with each other. 

"Yeah, I'm awake, I just overslept." It's all the woman said, Shuhua stayed silent. "I'm leaving in a second."

"Alright, Soyeon went out for a walk and I'm already leaving for work," Hui said. "Your pancakes are in the kitchen." 

"Thank you!"

There's silence so they could conclude that Hui had already left and from how he sounded it was safe to assume that nobody had entered her room earlier in that morning which was a relief. It would be hard to explain the woman on her bed without Soyeon and Hui thinking the worst of her. 

"Well" Shuhua started. "Ain't your boyfriend caring?"

"He's not my-" Soojin takes a deep breath. "You should go now, whatever happened last night we won't remember anyway." 

"No need to tell me twice" Shuhua finally stood up and looked around, trying to find her shoes, however the place was a mess. "I thought you liked everything in place." She comments before checking under the bed and finding one of her boots. "It seems like a hurricane passed by."

"It did, her name is Yeh Shuhua." Soojin replied, crossing her arms. "You're the one who always would make a mess not me" 

"You don't even remember last night," Shuhua replied. "You can't accuse me of all this" She said gesturing about the room while she finished putting on one boot. "Now where is the other shoe…" 

"Is probably outside." Soojin replied before walking towards the door. It was locked, no wonder nobody walked in earlier, the woman decided to ignore the voice in the back of her head wondering what her drunk self had in mind by locking herself with Shuhua in her room late at night. That's something to deal with later, much much later; Once she leaves the room, Shuhua was right behind her as both looked around the living room.

Shuhua couldn't help but look around, taking it all in now that she's sober enough to remember what Soojin's apartment looks like, it felt as comforting as her parents' house, so many years ago; While the older woman looks around the living room looking for her missing boot, Shuhua focus on the framed pictures on the wall, there's a lot of pictures of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter