Chapter 3

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This place is huge” Minnie said, walking into the apartment, looking around while Yuqi followed right behind with a smile, the older wanting to check out their place and see how they were living and for sure wasn’t expecting such a big apartment with a great view. “This place is fancy!”

“Minnie, You live in a mansion” 

The mansion in fact was a wedding gift from Minnie’s family, from the pictures Yuqi saw, the place was really big, more than this apartment for sure. 

“Is a mini mansion!”

“and you’re terrible at being modest” The younger added with a chuckle as they walked into the living room and stood in front of the big window. “Actually I’m surprised you never had an apartment, didn’t you say it was easier?”

“Miyeon wanted a house,” Minnie explained. “and with Minji, it was for the best too. Kids need lots of space” She looked around, the place wasn’t very colorful. Black, Brown and Grey colors all around, a bit too gloomy for her taste. "Where's Shuhua?”

“Locked up in her office, as always” Yuqi said, walking towards the couch, sitting down before gesturing for the other to do the same. “Reading and Writing. It’s all work related”

“I thought we could spend some time together, the three of us,” Minnie replied, sitting down next to Yuqi.”How is she by the way?”

“The same as always, She’ll stay in her office all day. Leave once to grab something to eat, usually when she thinks I’m sleeping and then go back in again, she had this opportunity to write her own drama and is now obsessed with it, but won’t stop taking any new roles either” She crossed her arms and sighs. 

“Have you tried talking to her?”

“Well, Yeah. But do you think that listens to anything I say?” Yuqi shakes her head but then stops talking once they hear footsteps coming downstairs and soon enough Shuhua shows up by the door frame of the living room, surprised once she sees Minnie who quickly stood up, smiling at the younger. 

“I didn’t know we had visitors,” Shuhua said while Minnie approached her.

“You would know if you left your office”

“Ah, Yuqi was whining about me already” She said while Minnie hugged her, patting her back gently. The chinese girl rolled her eyes.

“I don’t whine” She argued. “I was being sincere. You’re an workaholic who only cares about your work and not enough about your friends”

“Minnie, tell Yuqi that just because I’m a dedicated person to my work doesn’t mean I’m addicted to it. I can stop anytime I want” The younger said.

“as if! she won’t even go out with me for 5 minutes” Yuqi accused and then looked at Minnie. “My brother spent more time with me than Shuhua”

“Your brother?”

“You did not just compare me with Lucas!” Shuhua said, clearly offended. “He doesn’t even have a real job! He lives off your mom who lives off you!”

“Again with my mom? Let it go!”

“You-”

Minnie was quick to shut down the argument. “Hey! No arguing please, we should be spending time together having a good time and laughing like good times”

The younger duo just stared at each other before Yuqi shrugged and looked away, meanwhile Shuhua mumbled something that Minnie couldn’t understand before she left the room and walked into the kitchen which just made the older woman sigh. It feels like she’s still dealing with two teenagers.

She sat back next to Yuqi again. “So, how are you parents?”

The chinese woman shrugged. “My mom it’s on her way to her fourth husband and my dad’s new girlfriend is 25” She raised her eyebrows and sighs. “It could be worse, honestly”

“I didn’t know you had a brother,” Minnie said, arching an eyebrow and Yuqi shrugged.

“She didn't know about that either,” Shuhua said, walking in again. “It’s a half brother, one of many”

“Don’t start”

“Well” Minnie started.”What if instead of staying indoors bickering all day, we go out and get some drinks?”

The older saw the way Shuhua glanced to the stairs, possibly thinking about all the work she would miss out if she went out and before she could deny it, Minnie was quick to speak up again. 

“As you said, you can stop anytime, right? Let’s go out” She said and Yuqi held back a smirk once she noticed how Minnie was using Shuhua’s words from before against her and it seemed to work because the taiwanesse looked like she didn’t know how to reply to that besides giving a tired sigh and nodding.

“Fine, I’ll just go grab my stuff”

“Finally, a victory” Yuqi said as soon as Shuhua left the room and Minnie laughed, but deep down was relieved she managed to convince the other.

 

x--------------------×-------------------x

 

“Are children always this energetic?” Soojin asked as she watched Minji jump and dance in front of the TV, watching some cartoon she didn’t really know about. Miyeon laughed at her question.

“I think this is Minnie’s influence, they always dance together when she comes back from work” Miyeon said, smiling as remembers the sight of Minnie in a fancy suit, dancing to some cartoon’s song with their daughter in the living room, the image never failed to make her smile. “It’s very entertaining, really” She added, laughing as she looked at the little girl.

“Speaking of Minnie, where is she?”

Miyeon sighs and Soojin realized she probably shouldn’t have said anything because the soft smile from before was gone and now there was a frown instead.

“She’s… with the other two. Yuqi and Shuhua” She said. “I guess they’ll go out drinking”

“You don’t sound too happy about it”

Miyeon only shrugged. 

“If you have a problem why not tell her about it?” Soojin asked.

She knew the whole Shuhua subject was still something delicate between them, whatever Miyeon saw on those diary pages changed her and how she viewed Shuhua, whatever affection she used to have for her was gone, but the same didn’t apply to Minnie who still loved Shuhua the same as before, while many would think Miyeon was jealous of their relationship, Soojin had the feeling that jealousy wasn’t the problem here but something else that the older refused to talk about.

“I’m not gonna keep Minnie from doing what she wants” The older replied. “If she wants to hang out with them then let her. I don’t care”

“Well, you do sound like you care. a lot” Soojin pointed out and the others could only sigh. “You know, it’s okay to not be happy about it, denying it will just make you feel worse”

“I don’t think you can give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter