Chapter 15

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not that soojin wasn't thankful for the party and by the fact her friends wanted to celebrate this special date with her, it's just that seeing Shuhua next to Debby, who was introduced to her a few minutes ago, only made the events from the previous days to constantly make its way into her thoughts before she can stop it, so she kept her distance, and tried to keep her smile up despite not feeling totally comfortable about the situation; At least Debby seemed nice, and the others got along with her pretty well and Soojin was glad, knowing Shuhua she would like her friends to get along with her fiancee. 

"I see you're standing alone as well." She heard Yuqi say as the chinese woman approached her and stood at her side with her own drink in hands, Soojin chuckles and nods before she notices where Yuqi was looking and notices Soyeon. 

"Thanks for the party, but I don't think seeing me was your goal tonight." Soojin wasn't stupid, once Miyeon told her this party was Yuqi's idea, she quickly realized that this was her way to spend more time with Soyeon without being too obvious about it. 

Yuqi's ears turn red at the comment and she looks like a child being caught misbehaving.

"Are they… dating?" She asked, nodding towards Soyeon and whatever that guy was called, she forgot his name as soon as he was introduced to her, she had no time to care, not when he was stealing Soyeon's time, said time that Yuqi could be using to put to practice her plan to get back with Soyeon. 

"I don't know," Soojin said. "They go out a lot, but I don't know if they're officially dating."

"You know I'm trying to get back with Soyeon, right?" 

"I think everyone but Soyeon notices that." Soojin smiled before taking a sip of her drink. "I say go ahead, what's the worst that can happen…"

"Being rejected?"

"It's not the end of the world." Soojin said as she rolled her eyes. "You'll have to talk to her about it sooner or later, Yuqi and it is better to be rejected now than keep going on this cat and mouse chase." She added. The younger sighs but eventually nodded before taking a sip from her drink again. 

"I guess you're right." Yuqi said before looking back to the group and then looking at Soojin again. "Are you going to do the same about Shuhua?"

Soojin almost choked on her drink, but was quick enough to pretend nothing was wrong despite Yuqi's gaze on her which had the woman wondering if Shuhua had told her what happened between them a few days ago back in her studio, but if she knew Yuqi was good at hiding it because her expression was neutral. 

"What do you mean?" She asked. "There's nothing going on between us-"

"I know that. Shuhua would never." Not while she was engaged at least; Yuqi knew that her best friend valued loyalty and respect for Debby. "But I'm not blind and I can tell you two still feel something for each other."

"Yuqi this is not the right place to talk about this!" Soojin told her, part of her didn't want anyone to hear their conversation, especially with Debby around while the other part of her didn't want to think about her kiss with Shuhua once again, it was for the best for her to let it go and forget about it. "Focus on talking to Soyeon."

"Ok, Fine. I just wanted to help." The chinese woman said and Soojin sighs, she understood what Yuqi meant but she wanted to stand by her promise to give Shuhua some space to avoid anything happening between them. 

"I know you do." 

 

Meanwhile Miyeon was in the kitchen, texting her new friend; Organizing this party took most of her afternoon but at least she had someone to talk to and Hwiyoung always seemed to be a good mood and with time to talk about anything, from their favorites songs to books and movies, and Miyeon was excited about there was almost no time where they didn't had something to talk about; Minnie walked into the kitchen right after, a smile on her face and carrying two empty bottles and Miyeon couldn't bring herself to not smile at the sight, not even after knowing things between them aren't as good as she wished they were. 

"Hey" Is all she said, placing the bottles inside the sink before moving to grab some more from the fridge. "Why are you here instead of out there with the others?" She asked. 

"No reason…" She said before typing on her phone again and Minnie stopped next to her, which had the older quickly locking her phone, if Minnie noticed it, she didn't show; She simply gave her a quick kiss on top of her head and Miyeon could smell the beer scent coming out of her. 

"Let's go talk with the others!" She said, with a smile. "After they're gone, since we sent Minji to your parents' place for the night, we can go out and eat something-"

"I don't know… I'm not really in the mood-" a loud and tired sigh from Minnie interrupts her and she looks at her, confused by the sudden attitude change and the way her smile is gone. "What-"

"You keep complaining because I don't give you attention, But when I try you do that" Minnie told her and Miyeon frowns, feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter