Chapter 7

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December, 2017. 

 

Cho Miyeon was the new addition to what used to be their golden trio which consisted of only Yuqi, Minnie and Shuhua but of course once their Thai friend and the prettiest girl at school started to see each other more often, under the 'friends' excuse, Miyeon ended up being around them more than Shuhua liked to and alongside her, Soyeon and Soojin. 

Their trio was gone, with three new intruders in their lives, and one of them was trying to steal Minnie from her; There are two things she hates about Miyeon: How obvious she was about wanting to date Minnie and the fact that it was so difficult to actually hate her; That girl was made of rainbows and sunshines, always polite and gentle and she always treated Shuhua kindly.

'Be rude goddammit!" The younger thought one day, as Miyeon sliced her sandwich in two pieces to give one half to Shuhua who forgot her lunch at home and didn't have any money to buy a snack; It was difficult, to hate someone who treats you so nicely but whenever she saw the older girl next to Minnie, she felt like screaming. 

That morning however, was different. Christmas was here and so everyone was going around buying gifts for their families, Cho Miyeon wasn't the exception and alongside her was Shuhua, the young girl who she wanted to befriend so much, she was Minnie's friend, best friend actually and if Miyeon wanted to date her, she should at least try to get along with her friends.

It was easy with Yuqi, she was open and talkative, Their personalities were similar and it didn't take long for them to be friends with each other; However, Shuhua was the opposite. 

The youngest of the group mostly kept it to herself, but Miyeon noticed how she only seemed to behave like that around her, no smiles or jokes or bickering as she usually did with Soojin and Miyeon wanted to become closer and befriend her, she admired the younger a lot. 

"I think new shoes would be good, right?" Miyeon asked, holding the two pairs of shoes in front of Shuhua.

Maybe that was why she decided to call Shuhua, of all people, to come buy christmas gifts to her parents with her, the new store in the neighborhood was open and with the holidays, lots of people were coming over to buy what they could find and for Miyeon's surprise, the younger actually accepted to come with her, but Miyeon had no idea it was because Minnie had forced her to.

"They look cool" Shuhua replied and then pointed at the jacket near them. "What about those as well?" 

"Oh, Good idea!" The older replied. "They are going to love it!" She smiled brightly before they moved towards the jackets, one brown and the other was white, Shuhua only had a quick glimpse of Miyeon's parents, before they left to buy something for them, the pair was all smiles which weirded out the taiwanesse who was used to her own serious parents; But now she understands why Miyeon looks like the personification of the sun, her parents weren't that different from her. 

"I hope they like this." The older said as they walked down the sidewalk, she was carrying the paper bags with the gifts inside. 

"I'm sure they'll like it, unnie" 

"Shuhua"

"Yeah?"

"You can call me Miyeon from now on, We're friends" The older said. "I hope we can become good friends. Is that okay with you?"

'No' The younger said inside her head, this wasn't a good idea, she didn't like Miyeon at all, she hated seeing her near Minnie and now she wanna become friends? How long can she play this role?

"Sure" Is what she said instead and earned a big smile from the big in front of her; This wasn't going to end well, she told herself, if Miyeon keeps on thinking they're friends then how can she hide her jealousy?

"By the way-" The older started, stopping walking suddenly and Shuhua did the same as she looked at her in curiosity. The older put her hand inside one of the paper bags as if looking for something before pulling it out and handing it to Shuhua who looks surprised at the action. "Merry Christmas!"

"...A Diary?" The younger asked, taking the gift from Miyeon who nodded, still smiling.

"Minnie told me you like writing so… I hope you like it" She replied. "And I hope you use it too!" She chuckles. 

"I… Unnie, If I knew I would've got you something as well" The younger said and Miyeon laughed. 

"No need for that, Also what did I say? You can just call me Miyeon."

"Right, I'll try to remember," Shuhua replied. "Thank you for the gift" 

"You're welcome!" 

 

xxx

 

2029

 

"Is this a robbery?" Miyeon asked as soon as she opens the front door and stared at Yuqi and Shuhua standing next to each other carrying two boxes, wasn't anything big but she wouldn't call it small either, both boxes had different wrapping papers, Yuqi's was flowery themed while Shuhua's wrapping paper had hearts all over it, both had a big white bow on to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter