Chapter 14

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Debby hugged her right away, holding her tight and Shuhua hugged her back, she did miss her after all, her eyes landed on Yuqi who was awkwardly standing outside still for some reason; Probably noticing she was third wheeling. 

"When did you arrive?" Shuhua asked, still hugging her and the other chuckled.

"Yesterday, at night. Joohyun helped me by letting me stay at her place before I came here to surprise you." She told her and then moved away. "and the kids came with me too."

"No way!" 

She turned to the door and called for them, Yuqi stepped to the side as she laughed and watched them run towards Shuhua right away, giving her kisses while Debby smiled.

"Haku! Mata! Māmā missed you two so much!" She smiled as she let the two poodles her face as much as they wanted, they missed her just as much it seems; The two dogs were a gift from Yuqi, given to her 2 years ago and they haven't left her side ever since, and it for sure helped her to keep dark thoughts away. 

"They kept sitting by the door waiting for you to come," Debby told her, with a smile while Shuhua kept petting them. 

"They didn't even bother to sniff me," Yuqi complained, closing the door behind her. "Am I not your favorite aunt anymore?" She asked, crouching near the dogs and then looking up to Debby. "You stole my spot!" 

The woman simply laughed and shrugged; Shuhua picked the two 'puppies' up on her arms and looked at Debby, smiling brightly and the other smiled back at her before glancing at Yuqi who held her hands up.

"Right, Right. Giving the couple their alone time" The chinese woman said before making her way to the kitchen while Shuhua shook her head before staring at her fiance.

"Let's go upstairs and talk a bit" Shuhua said and Debby nodded before following Shuhua to her room. "I'm surprised you came, what about your classes?" She asked once they're in her room and Debby closed the door while Shuhua put the dogs down to let them get to know their temporary new home.

"That can wait." Debby told her. "I felt like you were down the last time I saw you and I was worried you didn't feel good." She said, wrapping her arms around Shuhua's waist, kissing her cheek and the younger kissed her cheek as well, smiling. 

"Thank you for taking care of me…"

"Well, I love you." Debby told her and Shuhua placed one hand on the back of her head, caressing her hair before pulling her into a hug. 

"Thank You."

Debby smiled. "You're welcome." 

"And how are things back at home?" Shuhua asked, bringing the woman to sit on the bed next to her. Debby shrugged. 

"Still the same." She paused and then smiled. "Your sister started elementary school by the way" She then added and Shuhua nodded.

"Elementary School… Woah." Shuhua said to herself. "Is...Is she making friends?" 

"Yeah, Everyone likes her." Debby caressed her cheek. "I think Li Hua is just like her older sister." Shuhua smiled.

Shuhua never had a proper look of her, mostly watched her from afar when she was out with her mother and due to her status, Shuhua couldn't really approach her, Debby however, was her teacher and would tell her how she was doing once in a while, it was all she could do about this situation right now; Shuhua knew that Li Hua's mother knew about her, and about her mother. She knew the man she was seeing was married and yet that didn't stop her. 

"She's even part of the school's theater club, I think you might have competition in a few years" Debby teased and Shuhua smiled thinking about the kid who, aside from Yuqi, is all that was left of her family. 

Shuhua laid down on the bed and then pats the space next to her which the other took as a hint to lay down next to her, soon followed by the two dogs who quickly jumped into the bed and made the pair laugh at their excitement. 

"Ok, now tell me what I missed while I was away" Shuhua asked while Haku and Mata laid down comfortably between them. 

"A lot happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter