Chapter 19

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, I’m back!

Yes, Yes. It’s been a while, a lot of things had happened, I almost even lost this account too as well as a lack of inspiration to keep this story going, but I’m trying to fight through that; Please, leave a comment as that helps a lot to keep me motivated. 

I hope everyone enjoys the chapter. 

 

Soojin left her room with a sigh, she had stayed inside all day after what Yuqi told her and hoped she could be able to fix this situation as soon as possible; She made her way to the living room and spotted Hui on the couch reading a book, but he put it down as soon as he saw her.

“Hey… Feeling better?” He asked, gesturing to the seat next to him and Soojin made her way closer to sit next to him, crossing her arms. “Don’t worry. I’m sure everything will turn out fine”

“You know, I would rather go back to high school and deal with the cheerleaders making fun of me for being Shuhua’s consolation prize than dealing with the whole world thinking I’m the other woman,” Soojin said.

“It’s not the whole world,” Hui corrected. “Just the country”

“Thanks, that makes me so much better,” Soojin replied,  rolling her eyes and Hui chuckled. 

“High School seems so far away now,” Hui said. “Everything is so much easier now that we are grown.” She nodded, agreeing with him. 

“You know what is funny?” Soojin asked with a giggle and he looked at her curiously. “ Back then, I used to have a crush on you.” She laughed at how shocked he looked at her words. 

“Wait, for real?” She nodded. “So this was why you were always running away from me!” He exclaimed, looking like he had just discovered something too incredible. “Oh my god this is why Shuhua looked at me like she wanted to behead me”

Soojin smiled, nodding. 

“But that’s also kinda funny.”He said, giggling as well. “Because I used to have a crush on Shuhua back then.”

Soojin’s smile disappeared. 

“What?”

He laughed. “Yeah”

"Wait, Wait-" Soojin started. "So, Are you telling me that I liked you and you liked Shuhua?" 

"And Shuhua liked you." He laughed, and she couldn't understand how he found this funny, her brain had just fried at this information. "I was over it once I realized I wasn't her type." 

"I can't believe it." Soojin suddenly said and Hui seemed confused. "Should I call Yuqi here and start a 'My heart was broken by Yeh Shuhua' group?" She asked, mostly to herself. 

"Well, my heart was never broken," he replied. "It's safe and sound inside my chest." He crossed his arms. "At least I like straight girls now." 

His phone then started to buzz and he quickly picked it up before smiling at Soojin.

"Speaking of which, I have a girl to meet." He said, standing up from the couch, Soojin arched an eyebrow. 

"Oh, what a great friend you are." She started. "Leave me here alone in suffering while you go on a date." 

Hui laughed before blowing a kiss in her direction before making his way to the front door.

"Don't forget to text me in case you decide to not sleep here tonight!" She yelled, hearing him yell back an 'Alright!' before the door closes. "Men." She says to herself, laying down on the couch in boredom. 

A few moments pass and she heard a knock on the door, Soojin frowned and looked at the coffee table and noticed Soyeon's keys there and so she rolled her eyes, she was always forgetting them; She picked up the keys with her and made her way to the door before opening and to her surprised it wasn't Soyeon on the other side.

It was Debby. 

She woman looked at her while holding on to the strap of her purse, she looked at Soojin, before scanning her up and down for a few seconds; She didn't know how to react to Shuhua's fianceé at her doorstep. 

"May I come in?" She asked; Soojin's voice failed her for a few seconds, so she stayed silent. "Or we can talk here in the hallway."

"N-no! Come in please." She stepped aside, letting the other in, Debby removed her shoes before making her way inside followed by Soojin, there was an awkward silence as the woman looked around the place and Soojin made up a speech to tell her, as she was sure the woman saw the article and now wanted to confront her about it. 

"I think you know why I'm here, right?" Soojin nodded.

"Listen," She started, but Debby lifted her hand to stop her from speaking. 

"Please, let me talk first." Soojin nodded before gesturing for her to sit down on the couch, taking the spot on the armchair in front of her. "I met Shuhua a few months after her father's funeral, back in Taiwan." She started. "Her family was broken to pieces, with deeper wounds than you can imagine." 

She saw how Debby's hands grab the hem of her sweater, gathering the courage to keep talking. 

"I was there to pick up the pieces." She started. "To close the wounds, and to build what was broken." She continued. "I did it with all the love I had in me." 

"I know," Soojin replied. "I did the same, once." 

That was the thing about Shuhua. She had them wrapped around her finger, fighting for the crumbs of her love, knowing her heart beats faster for someone else. 

"She told me about you, once." Soojin was surprised by the statement. "Not you, But about the girl whose heart she broke t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter