Chapter 7

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

 

 

“Do you know what you just did to me? How could you just stop all of a sudden? What would you have done if I had been hurt? I am not the only one who would be in trouble with my father.. the two of us will be dead meat! And you specially! They say horse’s meat is delicious!”

 

Jisoo sighed as she put both of her hands on her waist.

 

Her horse suddenly stopped when it saw a rabbit passing by.

 

“I wasn’t angry.. don’t look at me like that..” she said patting the horse’s mane. “I was just startled.. but you did a good job.. we would have crashed the rabbit if you hadn’t stopped..” 

 

Jisoo giggled as she kept talking to her horse.

 

“But.. did you really have to dump me into the mud? Look at my legs and feet! I look really dirty right now..”

 

She took off her boots and cleaned her feet with the water she had.

 

She will get scolded by her father if he saw her in this state..

 

He will say to her again that she hasn’t found a husband yet because she’s always careless and she isn’t acting like how a woman should be..

 

She just can’t understand how a woman is supposed to be..

 

And she has totally no intention of getting married right now!

 

She was still washing her feet when she heard some footsteps approaching..

 

Oh no.. who could it be? 

 

She immediately held the knife she was hiding inside her clothes.

 

Could it be an enemy? Or someone from her tribe who was asked to follow her? Did she get caught?

 

Did Yeri tell on her father again?

 

What will she do now? What will happen to her?

 

She pulled out the knife before turning around to see who it was..

 

It was dark and she couldn’t identify him right away..

 

But he was walking towards her..

 

His clothes seemed different from what she was wearing..

 

Perhaps.. a man from the South?

 

This isn’t good.. 

 

Another war will break out right away if she is found by the border at this moment..

 

What should she do? What will this man tell her?

 

And then the moon lit on that man’s face..

 

Taehyung.. one of the sons of the Souther Tribe leader.

 

Jisoo’s heart started beating fast..

 

She felt like she ran a mile.. 

 

It seemed like everything in Amaya stopped..

 

What kind of feeling is this? Why does it feel weird to her?

 

She feels out of breath when she isn’t doing anything..

 

She doesn’t know this man but he looks.. pretty.. and she wants to keep looking at him..

 

Then Taehyung spoke to her..

 

“Perhaps-..”

 

Jisoo pointed the knife at him automatically..

 

Although she had no intention of hurting him..

 

He stopped.

 

“Who are you? Did someone send you to.. harm me?” asked Jisoo breathing heavily.

 

When will her heart stop racing? She’s in a life and death situation but her heart is beating weirdly!

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“No.. I didn’t come here for that.. it’s just.. I came here because of-..”

 

“Because of what?” asked Jisoo raising her tone a little. “I can assure you I am not here to declare war or to fight you.. so-..”

 

Then she felt something cold touch her feet..

 

She screamed at the top of her lungs before running and jumping onto him who caught her with both his hands..

 

“Did.. something.. happen?” asked Taehyung as he gulped nervously.

 

He came to the forest to visit the rabbit he is taking care of..

 

He would go to the forest and visit it secretly every night..

 

It is unfortunate that he can’t bring to raise it in the South that’s why he comes there to see it..

 

 

“You were here..” said Taehyung smiling while still holding Jisoo into his arms.

 

Jisoo had her eyes closed. 

She fights well.. she hunts wild animals.. and does dangerous things.. but she is easily startled and scared..

 

She was holding onto Taehyung tightly.. not wanting to go down.. careless of who this man is.. 

 

“Can I.. put you down.. now?” asked Taehyung slowly letting go of her. “I am sorry.. my rabbit.. was just.. you.. he won’t hurt you.. he’s friendly.. I assure you..”

 

Jisoo opened her eyes slowly.

Rabbit? It was a rabbit? A rabbit again?

 

“Look at him.. I promise he won’t hurt you..” said Taehyung.

 

Jisoo turned around and saw it was really just a rabbit..

 

She heaved a long sigh of relief as her legs collapsed on the ground.

 

That was the most terrifying moment of her life!

 

Taehyung walked towards the rabbit and patted it’s head while it his hand.

 

Jisoo watched him smile and talk with it..

 

Did she just get afraid of that poor creature? 

That was so embarrassing..

 

Then the rabbit suddenly ran leaving the two of them confused.

 

Jisoo ran to follow him right away..

 

And Taehyung who saw her running barefoot took her boots with him first before running after her.

 

“Caught you! How many times are you going to run from me tonight?” she smiled as she held it in her arms.

 

Then she saw another pair of rabbits just in front of her..

 

“Wow.. is that your family?” she said amazed.

 

“He must have brought me here for me to see..” said Taehyung who has just reached them.

 

Jisoo put the rabbit down before turning to Taehyung.

 

“That he isn’t alone anymore..” Taehyung continued. “That he has found his family..”

 

When Jisoo turned back to the rabbits, they were gone already.

 

She smiled to herself. Why does this make her feel so happy yet sad? It isn’t like she raised that rabbit..

 

Then she saw Taehyung kneeling down in front of her..

 

“What are you doing?..”

 

Taehyung looked up at her and smiled.

 

“Your feet will hurt..” he said as he helped her wear her boots.

 

Jisoo’s cheeks turned red.

 

She let him put them on her feet..

 

If her father saw her right now, she’d be forbidden to go out of her tent forever..

 

The daughter of the Northern Tribe leader talking with a man from the South in the middle of the forest alone.. this late night..

 

She can’t imagine which punishment she would get..

 

Jisoo was trying to look away from him by looking around their surroundings..

 

This place is beautiful.. the trees are pretty.. the view is amazing..

 

Then she noticed the sequoia tree just behind them..

 

She has been looking for this since the start..

 

And she finally found it..

 

Thanks to that rabbit.. no.. thanks to this man who made her heart flutter..

 

She will remember this place forever.. this moment.. this feeling.. this man..

 

Her lips curled up as she stared at the top of his head..

 

Even that looks great..

 

Then Taehyung stood up and faced her closely..

 

He knows she comes from the other tribe.. he could recognize her by the thick clothes she’s wearing..

 

And he has never seen a very  beautiful woman like her in his tribe..

 

As the son of the Southern tribe leader, he has travelled around their land and has seen many beautiful women but.. they become plain if he puts her next to them..

 

He wants to ask for her name.. can he do that? Will she tell him her name?

 

“Could you tell me your.. name?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

No one has ever asked for her name before..

Everyone in her tribe knows her.. because she’s the daughter of their leader..

 

And because of this, she cannot reveal it either..

 

It can become a disadvantage for her.. and for the people around her..

 

She was in deep thoughts when she heard her horse neigh..

 

That woke her up from her fantasy!

 

Oh no.. she should head back to her tribe! It’s late! She will be scolded severely if she comes back after her father wakes up!

 

“I need to go now..” said Jisoo running away from Taehyung.

 

He ran after her and stopped her.

 

Jisoo stared at his hand holding her arm.

 

“I’ll meet you again..” she said slowly lifting her gaze from his hand to his face. 

 

“Let’s meet again by the next full moon.. here.. in front of that tree..” 

 

She pointed at the tree of sequioa.

 

Taehyung turned his head to where she was pointing.

 

“Meet me here.. I’ll tell you my name then..” said Jisoo before pulling her arm and running away.

 

 

 

*end of flasback*

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

V couldn’t help but laugh as he stared at the blue sky.

 

It’s crazy.. everything that is happening right now is just.. crazy..

 

How he got here.. how he got married.. how he’s stuck in this body..

 

And how the woman he was trying to find.. has been by his side since the start..

 

Taehyung and Jisoo must have been fated..

 

He thought he could have just been mistaken about Jisoo being the woman the real Taehyung loves but..

 

He asked Yeri the meaning behind that star tattoo on Jisoo’s ankle..

 

And she said it is only Jisoo who has that..

 

Because that’s the symbol of the Northern tribe.. by their family..

 

It can’t be any clearer than this..

 

Jisoo is Taehyung’s love..

 

This must be why he accepted this marriage in the end..

 

He must have come to know that he was going to marry her..

 

What kind of twisted fate is this?

 

Taehyung must be thrilled if he were here..

 

He would be very happy that he got married with the person he loves..

 

V sighed.

 

And he is ruining this..

 

He’s unintentionally hurting Jisoo.. who appears to also be in love with him..

 

And th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter