Chapter 4

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“How did you know about it?” asked V again.

 

Jisoo’s face turned pale.

 

If she tells him that she found and saved him that night.. it could create a misunderstanding with the Southern tribe..

 

What if she gets blamed for hurting him instead?

 

“You said you thought I drowned again..” V continued. “Then how did you know-..?”

 

Jisoo was just staring at him.

 

“I.. I mean..” she said stuttering.

 

V’s eyes thinned.

 

Does she know something about it? 

He remembered Taehyung’s brothers telling him not to mention anything about himself drowning..

 

And now that he can’t seem to go back to his world.. he thought it might have something to do with what happened that night..

 

It must be connected..

 

There must be a reason why he is here instead..

 

Is he here to find out why he was floating in the river that night?

 

Whether he was harmed by someone.. or if he tried to kill himself..

 

He needs to find out which one it is..

 

 

“Junkyu told me..” said Jisoo fast. 

 

Good thing she remembered Junkyu uttering about him drowning before..

 

He said it softly but she could hear him..

 

V’s facial expression relaxed.

 

“Junkyu?” 

 

That boy must want trouble with Taehyung’s brothers! They were cleared told not to trust anyone here in the North but he goes around telling everyone what happened..

 

“We should go back before you catch a cold..” he said embarrassed of suspecting her.

 

 

Jisoo and V went back to the tent to have a change of clothes.

 

“This is the first time..” said Jisoo as her eyes went down the floor.

 

V turned to her.

 

“What?” he asked confused.

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

 

“The first time.. that the two of us are inside here together like this.. I honestly thought.. you were avoiding me..”

 

V cleared his throat.

 

He thought she didn’t notice it but it turns out she did..

 

He was thinking that she wouldn’t mind it but.. she’s a woman afterall..

 

She did notice that he was avoiding her..

 

Women here in Amaya and women in his world are the same.. 

 

They are both sensible when it comes to this..

 

Then he saw Jisoo preparing to go with the change of clothes in her hands.

 

“Where are you going?” he grabbed her by her shoulders.

 

Jisoo smiled again.

 

“This is the first time as well..”

 

V’s brows furrowed.

 

What first time again? The first time he touched her?

 

“The first time you stopped me from going away..” said Jisoo softly. “It’s always you I’m stopping from leaving me..”

 

V felt a pain in his chest for some reason.

 

Or maybe not pain.. but guilt..

 

Wait.. why is he becoming a softie for this woman? He’s known as a cold and arrogant man in the industry..

 

He wouldn’t even feel bad if he scolded a rookie..

 

He wouldn’t feel sorry if he came late to a shoot..

 

But her eyes look so sad that he somehow feels like a bad person in front of her..

 

“You should sleep here from now on..” said Jisoo turning to look at him.

 

“But I don’t-..”

 

“I will sleep in another tent from tonight so please.. just stay here..”

 

V felt guilty once again.

 

He scratched the back of his head. 

Jisoo must have caught on that he isn’t sleeping here because she’s here..

 

“Then.. I’ll sleep here..” he said trying to act cool. “Thanks..”

 

Jisoo bowed her head before going out but then she stopped and faced him again.

 

“You said.. that I am just a stranger to you..” she said with her voice shaking. 

 

V turned his head away.

 

Why can’t he look at her when it’s him who said it to her?

Was she offended? She must have.. otherwise she wouldn’t mention it again..

 

Women do hold grudges.. she must want to get back at him now for saying such thing..

 

“I did.. maybe..” he said softly.

 

“But to me.. you are a husband..” said Jisoo.

 

V looked back at her.

 

He could see the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Why is she so serious about this? Isn’t she taking this too far?

 

“I don’t care how long it takes but.. I hope one day.. I can also be a wife to you..” said Jisoo before leaving him inside.

 

V shut his eyes tight.

 

This is stressful.. she has a point to be honest.. he isn’t treating her right.. because he isn’t her real husband..

 

If only the real Taehyung were here, maybe Jisoo would feel a lot better..

 

But what can he do? He can’t give her what she wants..

 

Because he already has someone in her heart..

 

The very reason he wants to go back to the place where he belongs to..

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

V woke up with the sound of birds chipping..

 

Hearing this very nature-like noise assures him that he is still in Amaya.

 

He opened his eyes slowly..

 

As expected.. he’s still here..

 

He was hoping to see his five thousand dollar chandelier hanging on the ceiling of his bedroom but.. there’s nothing but wood here.. and some leaves..

 

He sat up and stretched his back..

 

He seems to have had a nice sleep last night.. 

Now that he thinks about it, it was the first time he slept inside a tent.

He has been sleeping outside in the cold just so he could avoid interacting with Jisoo..

 

He sighed. 

 

Who knows what that woman would do today? She’s trying really hard to win him over but poor woman.. she will never succeed..

 

Then he heard his stomach growl.

 

What’s wrong with him? Is his body used to living here now? At first, he couldn’t even feel hunger nor sleepiness because he was too distressed about what happened to him but now it feels like his body has become accustomed to the life here..

 

As soon as he went out of the tent, he found Jisoo standing in front of him.

 

That scared the heck out of him!

 

“What are you doing-..?”

 

Then he noticed she was holding a bowl of chicken in her hands.

 

“I was waiting for you to wake up..” said Jisoo embarrassed. “Let’s eat..”

 

V was staring at the chicken. Why does it look so delicious? His mouth is watering just looking at it..

 

Jisoo saw his throat moving. 

 

“Sit down.. you look like you’re starving..” she said putting the food down. 

 

V felt embarrassed but he sat down without saying anything.

 

He tasted it right away with great expectations..

 

And Jisoo was also looking forward to his reaction..

 

Then she saw his face becoming dark..

 

“Does it taste.. that bad?” she asked anxiously.

 

It was the first dish she has ever cooked in her entire life. 

 

She tried to follow every step Yeri had taught her but it seems like the taste still turned out to be different..

 

“Give it back to me.. I’ll ask mother to-..” she tried to take it away from him but V held her hands.

 

“It isn’t delicious but.. I can eat it..” he said taking another bite while looking at her.

 

Jisoo’s cheeks have turned red. Taehyung just touched her hand unconsciously.. he might not have thought about it but it still made her heart race..

 

She watched him finish eating everything..

 

He said it wasn’t delicious but he ate the whole chicken in a span of few minutes..

 

“Now.. I feel alive..” said V while holding his stomach.

 

He hasn’t eaten this much in a long time.. now that he’s here in Amaya, he doesn’t need to worry about his figure.. there won’t be fans who will notice every little change in him..

 

Maybe.. this is the only good thing about this.. he can be just himself here.. no need to pretend and act nice to everyone..

 

He can be grumpy and moody as he much as he wants and no one will scold him..

 

He remembered how his manager Jin would control everything he does because of his image as an actor..

 

He let out a long sigh..

 

What would happen now to all the people he left in his world? How are they doing now that he is here?

 

He was still thinking about all of this when he felt Jisoo’s hand wiping his mouth.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter