Flashback

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A long flashback ahead 🤗

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung! Where have you been?” asked Junkyu to Taehyung. “I couldn’t find you anywhere..”

 

He has been looking for him since that morning.

His master always goes out of his radar and makes him nervous.

 

Taehyung smiled.

 

“I went out to find.. something pretty..” he replied. “Really.. but really pretty..”

 

Junkyu’s brows furrowed.

 

Then Taehyung went passed him while humming to a melody.

 

Junkyu became more confused.

 

Why is Taehyung hyung suddenly in a good mood? 

He has been very down for quite a few days already after learning that he was about to get married but.. he suddenly looks okay now..

 

Well.. it doesn’t matter.. as long as he’s all good.. 

 

His eyes followed Taehyung who was going inside his tent.

 

“We must be fated..” he said to himself.

 

He can’t keep himself from smiling everytime he thinks about the woman he is in love with.

 

Heavens must be on his side.. 

 

He has to thank them a lot.. and maybe ask forgiveness as well..

 

He was cursing them just until that morning.. but after learning that the woman he is getting married with is the same woman he likes.. he can only be grateful..

 

It turns out that the star on her ankle is a symbol of the Northern clan..

He met with some rebels before and found out the meaning behind it..

 

Why didn’t he get curious right away? He could have asked everyone already the moment he saw that special mark on her!

 

He had gone to the North secretly to catch a glimpse of that woman..

 

It’s been a few weeks since he has been doing that..

He didn’t know her name.. but they agreed to meet by the next full moon which is coming in a few days..

 

Coincidentally.. that night is just a night away before their marriage..

 

Should he tell her that it’s him whom she’s getting married with? Or should he surprise her?

 

He didn’t know he has been smiling all along until he bumped into his brother Jinyoung.

 

“You look happy today..” said Jinyoung greeting him. “I’m glad to see that smile back on your face..”

 

Taehyung bit his lower lip. Was he that obvious?

 

Well..he did become a little grumpy towards him when his older brother strongly refused to get married..

 

But.. it turned out for the best..

 

“Hyung..” said Taehyung in a low voice. “To be honest.. I saw the woman I am about to get married with..”

 

Jinyoung’s brows narrowed.

 

“What do you mean? Did you.. perhaps.. go to the North? Father will-..”

 

Taehyung scratched his temple.

 

“Do you remember me telling you that I have come to like a woman?” 

 

Jinyoung nodded.

 

He does.. his brother mentioned about it just a few weeks ago.

 

No.. wait.. could it be that..?

 

“It turns out that she’s the only daughter of the Northern tribe leader..” said Taehyung smiling widely.

 

Jinyoung’s throat moved fast.

 

“No.. Taehyung.. that can’t happen..” he said holding his arms. “You can’t like her..”

 

Taehyung was confused. 

He expected him to be happy for him.. 

Why is he suddenly saying that he can’t like her?

 

“Don’t.. please don’t like her..” Jinyoung continued as his grip on him tightened.

 

Taehyung was totally clueless to what Jinyoung meant at first..

 

Clueless to the fact that the love he was dreaming of.. was going to become a tragic one..

 

Unaware.. that he was going to be used to cover an evil plan set up by his own father..

 

 

A few days passed and the day of his meeting with Jisoo came..

 

It was late afternoon when he had just finished practicing sword by himself.

 

He doesn’t understand why his father never taught him how when his two brothers are really good in it and are personally trained by him..

 

He was walking around the tribe to look for Junkyu and give him some errands that night so he could easily go to the border and meet the love of his life.

 

He stopped after seeing RM enter one tent.

 

Should he ask him? Junkyu is also bothering and following him around often.

He might have seen him..

 

He was about to open the door when he heard the voices from the inside.

 

RM hyung wasn’t alone. 

 

He could hear at least other two voices..

 

“Taehyung doesn’t know anything about it.. what do you think he will feel when he gets to know the truth?”

 

It was Jinyoung hyung’s voice.

 

“That’s why he must not know about this.. our plan will be perfectly executed if you keep your mouth shut.. the whole Amaya will be ours shortly..”

 

Taehyung’s brows furrowed. That voice was certainly Jackson hyung’s..

What is he saying about Amaya? It will be theirs? 

Does he mean that it will be united soon thanks to his upcoming marriage?

 

 

“Taehyung loves that woman..” said Jinyoung. “He won’t be able to do it.. he will-..”

 

“We aren’t going to make him do it..” said RM. “He only needs to marry her.. and then we will do our job.. which is to kill her and her whole clan.. only by doing so we can fully conquer the North..”

 

Taehyung gasped.

 

Kill.. her? Kill the Northern clan?

 

He was taking a few steps back due to shock when he bumped into someone.

He turned around slowly and found Junkyu.

 

“Hyung..” he called him softly. “What’s wrong?”

 

Taehyung was still in a daze.

 

This isn’t what his father told him when he said he was going to marry him off..

He said it was to create peace within their tribe.. within the whole Amaya..

 

But what are his brothers talking about with RM hyung?

 

“I must see father..” he said to Junkyu pushing him aside.

 

Junkyu grabbed him by his arm.

 

“Your father will be back later this evening.. he went to the forest to hunt..”

 

Taehyung didn’t look back and just went away.

 

If by marrying into the Northern clan means they are going to plunder their whole tribe..

 

It can’t happen..

 

He doesn’t want to do any harm towards that woman..

 

He must find his father right away..

 

It was already supper when Jaejin came back from hunting.

 

Taehyung had no opportunity to talk with him.. maybe his father knows nothing about his brothers’ plan.. he believes that his father wouldn’t do anything like that.. he wouldn’t plan any of that..

 

“Hyung.. shall we go together to see the fields of lavender tomorrow?” asked Junkyu nudging his elbow. “Couldn’t you hear me?”

 

Taehyung was startled.

He didn’t know Junkyu has been talking to him..he was too focused on observing his father and his brothers to notice any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter