Chapter 15

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My back is hurting..” Junkyu kept on complaining to Yeri who was just laughing at him.

 

The two of them went to pick some strawberries upon Jisoo’s request.

 

“Unnie said she wants to eat some strawberries.. what has gotten into her?” said Yeri smiling as she lifted up one basket and moved to another spot.

 

Junkyu stood up and stretched his back.

 

“Did you hear the noise my back made? I might break it at this rate.. I think we should call it a day..” 

 

Yeri chuckled.

 

“If only you had picked a strawberry every time you complained, you would have already filled at least one basket..” she said shaking her head.

 

Junkyu sighed as he stared at the empty basket in front of him.

 

He thought his Jisoo noona would come to pick the strawberries with them which is why he volunteered himself..

 

“When can we go back?” asked Junkyu in low spirits.

 

“Before the sun goes down..” Yeri replied.

 

Junkyu’s mouth fell open. What? It hasn’t even been that long since the sun went up and she’s saying they need to pick strawberries until it goes down?!?

 

“But.. why didn’t noona come?”

 

Yeri shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Because she went somewhere with her husband..” she answered as she looked at him.

 

Junkyu’s eyes widened.

 

“She went with hyung? Why didn’t hyung tell me anything?!” he said bewildered. “I should have gone with him instead!”

 

 

 

—————————

 

 

V smiled as he got off the horse.

 

Jisoo turned to him.

 

“Why?” she asked curiously.

 

“Nothing.. it’s just.. I forgot to tell Junkyu we’d come here.. that kid will be worried if he doesn’t see me..” V replied still smiling. “Specially.. when we came all the way here..”

 

He and Jisoo went to the river where Taehyung drowned.

 

He asked her to bring him there and show him what the place looked like.

 

As expected.. he doesn’t remember anything here either..

 

He sighed as he looked around.

 

What could have happened to  Taehyung that he ended up in the river on his way to meet Jisoo?

 

That’s the biggest mystery he has to solve..

 

“Here..” said Jisoo stopping on her tracks.

 

V turned to her.

 

“I brought you here from the water.. saved you.. and took care of your wounds..” said Jisoo smiling to him. 

 

V held her hand.

 

It was all thanks to her that he is alive now.. that this body is..

 

Since he doesn’t know the exact moment that he came here in Amaya..

 

“I wanted to bring you to our tribe but I heard some men arriving that time.. and I was forced to leave.. it was dangerous for the two of us to be seen together..” Jisoo continued recalling what happened.

 

V’s eyes narrowed.

 

Who could be those men? Perhaps.. his brothers who are saying that they were the ones who saved him? 

 

Wait.. now that he thinks about it..

 

What is his first memory of when he came to Amaya?

 

He opened his eyes and saw Junkyu.. then Taehyung’s father and then Jinyoung and Jackson..

 

Was it the very first thing that happened?

 

No.. it wasn’t.. he knows there is something more..

 

He did hear something before he that day..

 

That’s right.. 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened?”

 

“Did the plan fail?”

 

“What are we going to do with him?”

 

“How did he survive?”

 

“Someone helped him..”

 

“Then.. should we just kill him?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why couldn’t he think of this before? What he thought was a dream he had in the other world wasn’t a dream.. it must have happened that night..

 

He wasn’t able to see them because he was still recovering but he did hear some voices.. he definitely did..

 

But unfortunately he can’t recognize them..

 

If they had wanted to kill him, why didn’t they kill him?

 

Just who were they? 

 

And what are Taehyung’s brothers hiding from him?

 

Jisoo held his hands tightly.

 

She saw he didn’t look good as soon as they arrived there.

 

Is it because he almost died here?

 

“What’s wrong? Are you not feeling well?” she asked worriedly.

 

V shook his head.

 

He badly wants to tell her everything.. but he can’t.. knowing the confusion it’ll bring her.. and the pain it’ll cause her..

 

Just how would she feel if he told her that he isn’t the Taehyung she thought she had married?

 

That the person standing before her now is someone from another world she could only imagine..

 

“I think we should go back.. it wasn’t a good idea to come here and-..” 

 

Jisoo was turning her back to go towards her horse but V pulled her back in front of him.

 

V took a deep breath.

 

He can’t tell her everything.. but he has to at least be honest with her about one thing..

 

“Jisoo.. I can’t remember anything since that night..” he said softly.

 

Putting it that way is better than not telling her anything, right?

 

At least she will understand now why he couldn’t recognize her at first..

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

He can’t remember? Does that mean.. ?

 

“I woke up and.. I lost some of my memories..” said V lowering his gaze. 

 

Jisoo covered as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

 

“Is that why.. you didn’t remember meeting me for the first time?”

 

V remained silent.

 

Jisoo hugged him tight.

 

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t know anything and misjudged you.. I didn’t know you suffered of memory loss..” she said in tears.

 

V held her tighter.

 

“I am still looking for the people who harmed me that night.. I have no idea where they are.. who they are.. and why they did it to me..”

 

Jisoo pulled herself from their embrace to see his face.

 

“It must have been hard for you..” she said feeling bad for him. “I wish I had known sooner so I could have helped you in any way..”

 

V cradled her face before kissing her on her cheek.

 

“Just knowing that I have you by my side is enough for me..”

 

Jisoo smiled as she held his hands on her face.

 

“We will find them.. and punish them together for putting you through that..” she said looking straight into his eyes.

 

V nodded his head.

 

He feels reassured already.. just what did she do to him that he trusts her completely with everything?

 

 

They were going to get on the horse to go back to the North when a group of men surrounded them.

 

“Rebels..” said Jisoo whispering. “They’re here..”

 

V has never seen any of them.. and has never even heard of them before.

 

Jisoo went in front of him as she held his hands tight.

 

She should have listened to Suga and brought him with them..

 

But what are they doing here at this time of the day?

 

She gritted her teeth.

 

This is bad.. she only has a small knife with her right now..

 

She counted how many they were.. 

 

Ten of them! She cannot possibly escape from them like this..

 

And Taehyung is here with her.. she’s more afraid of him getting hurt than herself..

 

“What is a beautiful woman from the North doing here?” asked one of them approaching her. 

 

Then he looked at V.

 

“With a man?”

 

Everyone wore a grin on their faces.

 

Jisoo’s eyes thinned.

 

“Stop staring at me like that.. I might fall for you and make you my wife..” he continued making fun of her.

 

V looked pissed and pulled Jisoo behind him.

 

“Taehyung.. don’t-..” Jisoo wanted to warn him but V has already grabbed the man’s collar.

 

The man started laughing.

 

“You have got some courage young man.. do you think I would be scared just because of-..?”

 

Then they heard another voice coming from afar.

 

“Let them go..” it sounded imperative.

 

Jisoo has heard of that voice before.

Could it be..?

 

Suho and Sehun showed up.

 

“Leave them be..” said Suho again.

 

The man pulled h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter