Chapter 2

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took V the whole day to accept what has come upon him.

 

It seems hilarious..

 

No.. it IS hilarious..

 

Apparently.. he has been transported back to the Bronze Age..

 

To Amaya..

 

He could only laugh to himself.. 

 

For real? He’s in Amaya?

 

A place he only saw in his history books during elementary days..

 

How it was possible.. that is what he wants to know..

 

What is he doing here? Why here? Of all places?

 

But this isn’t the only issue here.. they say he is supposed to get married today!

 

Jackson and Jinyoung.. who appear to be this dude’s brothers.. 

 

Oh wait.. by this dude.. he meant himself.. or maybe not himself.. but the body where he is right now.. yes.. that same identical body and face where his soul is right now..

 

Anyway.. those two guys told him Taehyung.. no.. this guy.. no.. he means he himself has to get married today..

 

Marriage? Him? 

 

The only woman he wants to get married with in his life is no other than his Irene..

 

He can do anything but not this.. he can’t get married! No way!

 

 

 

“Taehyung hyung!” Junkyu tapped his hand lightly. “Smile a little.. the people of the North might think we came here to declare war..”

 

V sighed.

 

They arrived already? Well.. they took off from the South last evening and it’s been a while since the sun rose..

 

He feels uneasy.. just what is happening to him? How did he come here?

 

Should he tell them that he isn’t Taehyung? That he is V?

 

That’s right.. he should tell them.. they might think he’s crazy.. but he must tell them.. this marriage cannot happen!

 

“Hey..”

 

He called Junkyu who put his face near his.

 

“To be honest-..”

 

His eyes thinned.

 

How is he supposed to tell him in a way he would understand?

 

“There is another world..”

 

Junkyu’s face didn’t change expression.

 

“Why aren’t you reacting? I told you there’s another world!” said V grabbing his arm.

 

Junkyu nodded his head.

 

“You told me the same thing before hyung..” he replied with a smile. 

 

V sighed.

 

“Wait hyung.. did you already.. regain your memories?”

 

Junkyu held his hands.

 

V pushed them away.

 

Wait.. everyone is telling him he hit his head and fell into the river..

 

And in the present where he lives.. he had an accident..

 

It must have been because of the accident!

 

Taehyung that guy must now be in the present living as him!

 

And he himself is stuck here with all these weirdos!

 

Then should he have another accident happen here? That’s right.. it must be the answer.. 

 

He has to make it happen.. before this wedding.. he will get himself into an accident..

 

“You did..?” Junkyu’s eyes were sparkling.

 

V shook his head.

 

“Look away from me..” he said sternly.

 

“Come out..” said Jackson opening the carriage.

 

V took a deep breath. 

 

He needs to disappear from everyone’s sight.. he needs to do it fast..

 

But he doesn’t even know where he is.. who these people are..

 

He looked around him..

 

The North looks a lot different from the South.. it’s a lot chillier here.. and he could see the mountains covered with snow..

 

The people are wearing thicker clothes.. and they look paler than the people from the South..

 

Just like what he studied during his school days.. it is indeed the same.. the description from his textbook really fits..

 

He sneezed as he took little steps following Jackson and Jinyoung.

 

He badly needs a coat but he doesn’t have one here..

 

Oh wait.. could freezing to death be an effective way of going back to the present?

 

He better endure this and see later if something happens..

 

And why did they paint something on his chest and face? It feels sticky and uncomfortable for some reason..

 

“Hyung.. I’m really curious to that woman you saw from the North.. is she here?” asked Junkyu whispering to him.

 

V’s brows furrowed.

 

“Oh.. I forgot you lost your memories hyung..” said Junkyu looking around. “You told me once you met with a beautiful woman in the forest one night.. and that woman.. is from the North..”

 

“Taehyung? I mean.. me? I met a woman from the North?” asked V loudly.

 

Jinyoung and Jackson turned their heads to him.

 

Junkyu covered his mouth right away.

 

“Hyung! You are not supposed to say it aloud! You could get in trouble!” he said whispering to V.

 

Then Junkyu turned to them.

 

“Jackson hyung.. shall we start bringing down our gifts from the carriage?” 

 

Jackson and Jinyoung went right away.

 

V looked puzzled.

 

If there is any similarity between him and this guy Taehyung.. it must be being a troublemaker..

 

This guy met with a woman from the North when he is not supposed to?

 

Is this why he got into trouble and fell into the river? Or maybe.. that woman wanted to kill him?

 

Wait.. this isn’t important right now..

 

He is about to get married with a stranger.. 

 

And not only that..

 

Junkyu told him he is supposed to live here.. and stay here.. 

 

There are many things going on.. he can’t understand anything anymore..

 

 

“Wow.. she’s really.. beautiful..” said Junkyu murmuring. “Women of the North look stunning..”

 

Junkyu pulled V’s hand.

 

“Hyung.. that woman is supposed to be the daughter of the leader of the North Tribe..” 

 

V turned to where Junkyu was looking at.

 

The woman he was talking about had some pretty flowers in her long hair.. she was wearing a long dress.. her eyes were big and clear.. and shining.. 

 

She was looking at him.. oh not at him.. but at this guy Taehyung..

 

She looked surprised yet happy.. 

 

Who is she?

 

 

“She’s your bride hyung..” said Junkyu facing him. “The rumors I heard were not rumors in the end..”

 

V’s eyes turned to him.

 

“What rumors?”

 

“That the most beautiful woman in Amaya can be found in the North.. and she.. will be your wife from today..”

 

V’s throat moved fast.

 

Wife? His wife? From now on?

 

Until when is this “from now on”?

 

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

 

Wearing flowers in their hair happens only once in women’s life..

And it is on the day they get married..

 

The day they become their husbands’ property..

 

That’s right.. here in Amaya.. women will be completely under their husbands’ protection and care..

 

The day they get married.. they must only follow their husbands.. they must only do housework.. and stay at their home.. only at home..

 

And this is the hardest part for Jisoo..

 

She has been travelling the whole Amaya since she was a kid.. she has been training with men..she has been teaching the other tribe members.. she has been hunting wild animals.. fishing.. roaming around their land..

 

And she has to give up all of that.. for this marriage..

 

For the reunion of the two lands..

 

From now on.. she cannot do any of those things she used to love doing..

 

But the Northern Tribe comes first.. their people come first..

 

She is supposed to get married anyway.. being married like this would be more significant.. she isn’t doing this just because of her sake but for all the people in Amaya..

 

She is supposed to be happy now..  she wants to.. but..

 

Her heart seems to be feeling heavy.. 

 

 

 

“I hope he is alive.. I’m begging all the gods here in Amaya.. let him live.. please..” she was whispering to herself with her eyes closed while coming out of the tent when Yeri turned to her.

 

“They have arrived.. that man must be your husband..” said Yeri sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter