Chapter 3

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Why are you coming from that tent unnie? Weren’t you supposed to-.. ?”

 

Yeri looked confused. What is Jisoo doing here in front of her when she should have slept with her husband last night?

 

“I woke up early.. and he did as well..” said Jisoo biting her lower lip.

 

“You’re lying to me unnie..”

 

Jisoo gulped.

 

She really is lying right now. 

 

After separating from him last night, she hasn’t seen Taehyung again.

 

Where did he go to? She has been looking for him since she woke up this morning.. 

 

“You two..” 

 

Yeri’s eyes thinned.

 

Jisoo clenched her fists.

 

“You two must have stayed up all night!” said Yeri laughing.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief. No one shall know what happened last night or maybe.. they must not know that NOTHING happened last night..

 

She isn’t sure of Taehyung’s intentions yet.. why did he not want to do it? He must have his reason right?

 

Although it was far from what she was expecting to happen.. still, she’s happy that she’s gotten married with him..

 

Now back to him.. where did he go? Where did he sleep?

 

She was still looking around when she heard a commotion coming from near the stream.

 

The sun has just risen.. who is making all this ruckus?

 

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” 

 

Someone with a loud voice seems to be arguing with someone.

 

Who could it be? It is the first time that she has heard someone be this noisy early in the morning.

 

She approached them and found Taehyung’s servant. What was his name again? Oh.. Junkyu.. that’s right.. what is he doing there? What’s making him so agitated this early?

 

She followed his gaze and found Taehyung lying down the ground.

 

She ran towards them immediately.

 

“What happened here?” asked Jisoo worried.

 

Junkyu seemed startled. He didn’t expect to see his master’s wife at this time.

 

“Hyung was..”

 

Jisoo saw Taehyung’s eyes opening slowly.

 

Did he faint? What happened to him!?

 

“I was going to wash my face by the stream but then I saw hyung here.. and he was-..”

 

“He was?”

 

Jisoo knelt down and held Taehyung’s arm.

 

He pulled his arm away from her.

 

“I was sleeping.. nothing happened..” he said annoyed.

 

He stood up and stretched his back.

 

“Could you leave us? Please?” asked Jisoo to Junkyu.

 

Junkyu went away immediately.

 

“Were you here all night? You should have stayed inside the tent.. it is very cold here at night compared to the South.. you must have frozen last night..” said Jisoo staring at him.

 

V sighed.

 

He wished he could have been frozen but he didn’t..

 

He tried to drown himself in the stream but the water wasn’t even high for him to drown..

 

And he tried to freeze to death but he didn’t..

 

He thought he’d sleep and maybe the next day he’d be back to the present but.. he’s still here..

 

He’s still stuck here!

 

Jisoo tried to hold his hand but he pushed her hand away..

 

She felt a throb on her chest..

 

And there she started to realize that the marriage life she was dreaming of wasn’t going to happen..

 

And the perfect husband she saw in him was just her imagination..

 

Unlike what she had believed in at the start.. Taehyung.. this man.. doesn’t love her..

 

It feels to her like.. her husband hates being with her..

 

 

They started living together in the same tent since then.. but Taehyung would spend all night outside..

 

She doesn’t know where he goes.. he wouldn’t tell her.. she doesn’t know what’s wrong.. he wouldn’t say it..

 

The only thing she knows is that.. he isn’t the very least interested in her.. in knowing her.. in talking to her..

 

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

“Am I going to have a grandchild soon?” asked Chichi.

 

Jisoo looked startled.

 

“Grandchild?” she said embarrassed.

 

Chichi held her arms before sitting down beside her.

 

“You do not like doing this..” said Chichi.

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

 

She was preparing some fruits to bring to her husband.

 

“You have never wanted to learn to cook before.. instead, you were interested in hunting animals in the forest..” said Chichi staring at her eyes. “But now.. here you are patiently preparing food for him even though you don’t like it..”

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

 

“If you like your husband so much.. I thought.. I might have a grandchild soon..” Chichi continued.

 

Jisoo didn’t know she sighed loudly.

 

“What’s with that face?” asked Chichi.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“Nothing.. mother..” she said softly.

 

It has been more than two weeks since their wedding.

The man she couldn’t get off of her head turned out to be different in reality..

 

She thought she saw something in his eyes when they first met.. but she might have just imagined it..

 

She thought there was some connection between them..

 

If fate put them together like this.. why isn’t it doing his job? 

 

Why is it making her feel one lonely woman?

 

“I’m going to bring some food to your father.. I’ll come back-..”

 

Chichi was going to leave but Jisoo stopped her.

 

“Mother..” she called her gently. 

 

Chichi turned to her again.

 

“What is it?”

 

Jisoo took a deep breath.

 

“Did.. you.. and father like each other since the start?”

 

Chichi sat down again and held her daughter’s hands.

 

“Just like you and your husband.. the two of us met on our wedding day for the first time..” she replied smiling as she recalled the past.

 

“We didn’t like each other immediately.. but.. we grew fond of each other slowly.. and then we had you.. I think we started loving each other by then..”

 

Jisoo smiled hearing her mother’s story. 

 

Maybe.. she and Taehyung will like each other in the future..

 

Just like her parents..

 

That’s right.. it’ll happen just like that..

 

Taehyung must be only uncomfortable now because he’s living in another land that is far different from his..

 

“I shall go and bring these to my husband.. he must be famished by now..” said Jisoo smiling.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Jisoo has been looking for Taehyung to bring him some fresh fruits to eat after separating from her mother..

 

Taehyung has disappeared again..

 

Again.. and again..

 

It happens everyday..

 

Everytime..

 

She barely sees him..

 

He is always out of her sight..

 

 

She found Junkyu instead who was coming back from fishing.

 

“Have you seen Taehyung?” she asked with a smile. 

 

Junkyu shook his head.

 

“Not yet..” he replied. “I only saw him this morning..”

 

Junkyu could feel his master acting weird ever since he woke up after drowning in the river.

 

Is it because of his loss of memory that he feels like he’s become a different person? 

 

His master used to be much more gentle than he is right now..

 

He thought Taehyung would be a devoted husband to whoever his wife was going to be but.. he has never seen him with his wife at all..

 

And Jisoo is always looking for him..

 

Or maybe.. his master has regained his memories and is acting coldly to his wife because he knows he is in love with another woman from the North?

 

He can’t figure him out.. 

 

 

“Ohh.. then I’ll look for him myself..” said Jisoo bowing her head.

 

Junkyu’s eyes followed her.

 

Isn’t she beautiful? And she’s also kind.. 

 

But why does his master not like her for some reason?

 

 

He sighed before going his way.

 

Then he saw someone from afar..

 

A familiar face..

 

“Jinyoung hyung?”

 

It can’t be him.. what would he doing here? He should be at the South..

 

But then one of the fishes he caught jumped out of the net he was holding..

 

“You can’t escape me!” he was shouting as he caught it again.

 

He tightened his grip on the net before looking for the familiar person he saw before.

 

But he was gone already.

 

“Must have been my illusion.. I must be missing my other masters that I am seeing them even here in the North..” he said to himself before going his way..

 

 

Meanwhile Jisoo found Taehyung by the stream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter