Chapter 13

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jisoo sat by the stream as soon as dinner ended.

 

She needs to find her peace of mind..

 

Everything has become so chaotic that she can’t understand anything anymore..

 

Just what is the truth and which is not? Who is the enemy? Their ally?

 

She was staring at the water flowing when she heard Suga’s voice.

 

“What are you doing here instead of going to sleep?” asked Suga as he sat beside her.

 

Suga felt guilty for raising his voice at her earlier.

And specially.. because he learned that her husband does not love her..

 

It never crossed his mind.

 

Love.

 

He thought it was something that would come automatically to two people..

He believed it would be obvious that once they got married they would be in love..

But it seems like he was wrong.. why couldn’t he think of it before?

 

It must have pained Jisoo to say it herself.. that her husband has another woman he loves..

 

“I’m sorry..” he said softly. “I think.. I was harsh on you.. I didn’t mean it..”

 

Jisoo turned her head to him.

 

She shook her head as she smiled.

 

“You just said what you witnessed.. which was the truth..” she responded as she looked at the nightsky filled with stars.

 

She suddenly remembered Taehyung.

 

That night they were going to the South..

 

It was the most memorable moment she had with him..

 

He felt someone close to her.. just like a friend..

 

They told interesting stories to each other and she found out that he believes in another world just like her..

 

“What are you thinking of that you are smiling?” asked Suga curiously. “Taehyung?”

 

Jisoo looked at him.

 

“Do you also believe that there could be another world somewhere?” she asked him before looking back at the stars. 

 

Suga’s brows furrowed.

 

“I have never thought about anything like that before..” he replied grinning. “You’re somehow creative..”

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

“I guess Taehyung and I are the only ones to believe in that.. I’m glad I found something we have in common..”

 

Suga’s eyes went to the sky.. staring at that vast nightsky..

 

Even though Jisoo seems smiling, he knows she is in pain..

 

It must be hard for her to even talk about him without thinking that he has someone else he likes..

 

“What if I.. end up dying.. just like.. Amaya?” asked Jisoo as the smile in her lips faded gradually. “Will I be waiting for my love forever? Just like her? Will he ever come to me as the shooting star? Will he-..”

 

Tears started falling down her face.

 

She couldn’t hold them anymore.

 

It’s become a huge burden to her.. ever since she got married.. 

 

It’s painful.. it’s awful..

 

Nothing is going her way..

 

The peace and union she was dreaming of are going into ruins..

 

And this love she thought was easy to obtain.. makes her feel worse..

 

 

Jisoo felt Suga’s hand tapping her shoulder lightly.

 

Maybe it was good telling him the truth about her and Taehyung..

 

At least someone knows what she’s feeling inside right now.. someone finally can listen to all her worries and pain..

 

She unconsciously leaned her head on his chest as she started to cry her heart out..

 

Maybe once her tears dry up, all of what she has inside her chest will also go away..

 

And just a few moments later, the two of them heard Taehyung’s voice behind them.

 

“I might need to ask what my wife is doing here with a man..” 

 

Jisoo pulled herself from Suga immediately and stood up to face him.

 

V saw the tears in her eyes.

 

She’s crying.

 

Again. 

 

Why is she always crying?

And why is she crying in another man’s arms? 

 

Suga also stood up.

 

“We were only talking..” he said facing V.

 

Why is he talking like he cares a lot about his wife when he has done nothing but to hurt her?

 

Suga looked angry but was trying to be calm in respect to Jisoo.

 

“You can go back to your tent and I’ll accompany Jisoo..” he said holding Jisoo’s arm.

 

V’s eyes narrowed as they stared at his hand holding her.

 

Suga seems to know that they aren’t sharing the same tent..

Did Jisoo tell him that? Are they that close to each other?

 

The two have already taken a few steps away from him when V spoke..

 

“I.. will be the one to accompany her.. to our tent..” he said as he walked towards Jisoo.

 

He grabbed her by her wrist but Suga held Jisoo’s other arm.

 

“There’s no need to pretend.. I know everything already..” said Suga looking at him.

 

V’s throat moved fast.

 

Jisoo did tell him. She did.

 

“Still.. I will-..” said V but he stopped as he felt Jisoo pulling her arm away from his grip.

 

“I shall leave now.. make sure to rest well tonight..” she said softly before going away with Suga.

 

V felt the another great pain on his chest.

 

Did Jisoo really leave him here for that man? When he used all the courage he had to face her and to take her away from him?

 

He stayed by the stream for a while to reflect on himself.

 

Did Jisoo have a change of heart? Because he hasn’t been treating her well since the start?

Is it because of Suga? Does she like him now? Is her heart leaning towards him? Is that why she was crying before?

 

He didn’t hesitate to go to where Jisoo was sleeping at..

 

He needs to settle things out.. 

 

He has to talk to her and know the reason why she was crying before.. why she was hugging Suga.. why she was with him.. what they talked about.. what’s going on inside her mind and-..

 

Does she love Suga now?

 

He was in a hurry that he forgot to knock and found Jisoo changing her clothes.

 

He turned his back against her right away.

 

He just ruined his timing! What was he thinking of?!

 

He only saw a glimpse of her but he saw she was putting on a what seems to be like a long white nightgown.

 

He felt something dripping from his forehead.

 

He wiped it.

 

Sweat?

 

He is sweating?! It was cold outside but he is sweating in here..

 

It isn’t even the first time he is staying in the same tent as her..

 

Then he heard her light footsteps approaching.

 

“Is there something you need?” 

 

Her voice was soft. 

 

It felt pleasing to his ears.

 

“You can turn around now.. I’m done dressing myself..” Jisoo added.

 

V turned to face her.

 

He gulped.

 

He has never seen her wear this kind of dress.

 

She looks like she just descended from the heavens.

 

Her long black hair was all down making her look like a goddess..

 

She must be a goddess indeed.. or maybe an angel.. she has to be one of those..

 

“Taehyung..” Jisoo called him.

 

V cleared his throat.

 

What is happening to him? Was he too distracted?

 

Why did he come here again? What was he supposed to ask her?

 

Ohh.. that’s it.. Suga!

 

“Did something happen? Why were you crying before? And why were you-..” he paused for a second.

 

He can’t believe he is saying this in reality.

 

“Why were you hugging him?”

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

V’s eyes sharpened. What does that sigh mean? Is she perhaps.. annoyed that he asked her about Suga?

 

“It was.. nothing..” Jisoo replied. “We were just talking to ourselves and I got emotional..”

 

“I doubt that..” said V taking a step closer to her. “What was so sad that made you cry and hug him like that?”

 

Jisoo took a step back as she lowered her gaze.

 

What else could there be? Does she need to repeat it to him over and over again? It isn’t like something will change whenever she tells him about it..

 

“Tell me about it.. I also want to know what you had in mind..” said V insisting. “Why would you talk to him and cry in front of him when you..”

 

He paused again.

 

Just who is he to her? Who is she to him?

They are married, right?

 

“When you have me.. your husband..” said V looking at her while she was keeping her head low.

 

There was a long moment of silence before Jisoo answered him.

 

She slowly looked at him while she tried to hold back her tears.

 

“Didn’t you say.. I was a stranger to you?”

 

“Jisoo.. that was-..”

 

“I wanted to be more than a stranger to you.. my dream of becoming your wife was becoming further every day that passed by but at least I thought.. that I could be more than a stranger to the man I cherish as my husband..”

 

V’s chest squeezed in pain. 

 

He hurt her..

 

Her tears are because of him..

 

Because of the words he carelessly spoke to her..

 

Because he treated her poorly..

 

 

“If only you could see me.. if on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter