Chapter 9

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiwon looked uneasy as he saw the carriage carrying his only daughter leave their tribe.

 

“Please don’t worry about anything.. our daughter is with her husband.. they will come back safely..” said Chichi holding his arm.

 

Jiwon’s eyes were following the horses until they disappeared in the forest.

 

It took him a few days until he was finally convinced by his daughter and his wife..

 

Was it wise of him to let Jisoo go by herself?

Although she has travelled a lot before, it is the first time that Jisoo will set foot in the South..

 

He knows his daughter is very delighted to see the other land but he is deeply worried because it’s an unknown place to her..

 

“The South let their son stay here with us since the wedding.. it is our obligation to repay them with their son’s visit..” Chichi continued as she saw the worries in her husband’s face didn’t fade.

 

But Jiwon’s heart was feeling heavy ever since that poisoning happened.

 

He feels like something big and unexpected is about to come..

 

“She left with the greatest fighter here in our tribe.. she is in good hands.. and also.. she can easily defend herself..” said Chichi smiling. “Don’t you remember whose daughter she is and who taught her to be strong?”

 

Jiwon turned to her.

 

“That’s what worries me..” he said in a low voice as another sigh left his mouth.

 

What if she becomes a weapon for the enemies because of her strength?

 

“We should head back inside.. our Jisoo will be back after a week.. please do not worry anymore..” said Chichi hugging him tightly.

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

Jisoo has been shaking her leg nervously ever since they left the Northern tribe.

 

Why is she feeling so anxious? She was never forced to come with him.. it was her who insisted and convinced her father to let her participate in this journey..

 

But she’s feeling too nervous..

 

What could be the reason Taehyung wanted to bring her to his tribe?

Is he that wicked that he wants her to see and meet Irene?

 

What is she even thinking of? This is supposed to be a good chance for her to travel.. to meet the other tribe.. to meet Taehyung’s family.. and friends.. and Irene..

 

Irene again.. she can’t think of anything but her right now..

 

She has to admit it.. she’s jealous.. very jealous.. but at the same time, she’s curious to see what she’s like.. 

 

Is she more beautiful than her? Is she kinder? Is she a better cook than her? Is she also in love with him? Just like herself?

 

She can’t understand why she has to torture herself like this..

 

She didn’t know she sighed loudly..

 

V tapped her arm lightly.

 

“Are you feeling sick?” he asked hearing her sigh and looking pale.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

Although this can be some type of sickness.. she can’t say that to him..

That’d make her a fool..

 

Then a knock was heard from the outside.

 

“I think we must stop here..” said one of the men who came with them. “The night has fallen.. and it is dangerous to go through the forest.. we must take shelter here tonight..”

 

V was looking at him carefully.

 

Why hasn’t he seen this man before in his one month stay in the North? Who is he?

 

Jisoo nodded her head agreeing to what the man said.

 

She knows there are many wild animals that appear in the deep night.

 

Jisoo went out of the carriage while the men were building their shelter.

 

“I haven’t seen you for a long time..”  she said approaching the same man from before. “Were you travelling by yourself again?”

 

The man smiled at her.

 

It was Suga, the person who taught her to use swords.

 

Jisoo even travelled with him throughout their tribe when she was younger.

 

“I couldn’t come to see your wedding.. I’m sorry..” said Suga. “I just came back a few days ago..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“That’s fine.. it isn’t like it was something big..” she said biting her lower lip.

 

Suga chuckled.

 

“What do you mean it isn’t something big when you made a lot of things happen by getting married?” 

 

Jisoo just smiled.

If only he knew what it really feels like getting married with someone who doesn’t like you.. maybe he’d understand her better..

 

They continued talking about Suga’s recent travel until Yeri came.

 

“Unnie.. you should rest now.. I found a good place while they are building your tent..” 

 

Jisoo excused herself from Suga and followed Yeri.

 

It was indeed a good place.. a beautiful one..

 

There was a big tree surrounded by some colorful flowers that she could admire even in the dark.

 

“Stay here while I prepare something to eat unnie..” said Yeri with a smile.

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“Thank you for finding this place.. the flowers are really pretty that my worries have vanished..” she said as she stared at the flowers.

 

Yeri’s brows furrowed. 

Jisoo unnie has her worries? What could they be?

She thought she was happy ever since she got married..

She could see that she is in love with her husband..

 

“Have you seen Jisoo?” asked V startling Yeri who was in deep thoughts.

 

Yeri put a hand on her chest as she gasped.

 

Thank the gods of Amaya that her heart is not weak otherwise she would have had a heart attack!

 

“She is resting there..” she replied pointing to where Jisoo is..

 

V headed there immediately.

 

He has been looking for her for a while..

 

How could she just leave him inside the carriage without saying anything to him?

 

He did see her talking before with some man then she disappeared when Junkyu appeared out of nowhere and distracted him..

 

That Junkyu is really the trouble maker here!

 

Not only he is a chatterbox but he is also causing troubles here and there wherever he goes..

 

V was looking around when he saw Jisoo standing before the flowers..

 

She was smiling as she smelled each and every one of them..

 

She looked happy.. and beautiful.. she was like a flower herself.. 

 

Oh wait.. did he really think she’s beautiful like a flower?

 

Well.. he doesn’t like flowers to be honest..

He must have only given them to Irene once or twice throughout the time they are together..

 

It was Irene who said she didn’t like them that much because she had a kind of allergy before so.. he never paid attention to any kind of flower..

 

He walked towards Jisoo and stopped just behind her..

 

“You were here?” he said in a very low voice but was still enough to scare her.

 

Jisoo fell down on some flowers ruining them.

 

V helped her up immediately.

 

“How could you just appear like that and- ..?” she said glaring at him.

 

She paused as she saw V looking confused.

 

V was indeed confused.. or maybe startled to see and hear her getting mad at him..

 

It was the first time she ever raised her voice and looked at him like that.

 

V chuckled.

 

Jisoo pouted.

 

“You startled me.. and these pretty flowers got hurt because of me..” she said kneeling down and patting them.

 

V sat down beside her.

 

“Did they get hurt? How do you know they got hurt?” he asked smiling at her innocence. “Did they talk to you? Are they saying something to you?”

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“It’s me who talks to them..” she said still pouting as she tried hard to fix them.

 

“You talk to them? You’re quite weird sometimes..” he said chuckling.

 

Jisoo scoffed.

 

“Says someone who once talked with a rabbit..” she said looking at him.

 

V raised his eyebrows clueless to what she was saying.

 

Jisoo stood up dusting away the dirt from her hands.

 

“Do you really not remember the first time we met at the forest? You were looking for that rabbit and were talking to it like you were friends..” 

 

V bit his lower lip.

 

How can he remember something he never experienced? 

 

“I do..” he said smiling a little. “Of course I do..”

 

Liar.. he has become a liar..

Why is he even lying to her now? He isn’t trying to impress her, is he?

 

Jisoo sat down.

 

“Do you see those stars?” she said pointing at them.

 

V sat beside her and looked up in the sky.

 

He has never noticed or probably he has never had the chance to see the stars ever since he came here..

 

Are there more stars here or is it because there is less pollution in Amaya compared to Seoul?

 

“They’re beautiful, aren’t they?..” said Jisoo smiling wide. “My mother said we become stars when we die..”

 

V smiled.

 

Jisoo must love talking about stars..

 

“But.. for me.. I want to be a flower when I die..” she said looking at the flowers again. 

 

“Why become a flower that will wither instead of becoming a star that will shine in the dark?” asked V curious.

 

Jisoo turned to him.

 

“Because I don’t want to appear only in the dark.. I want to become a flower that brings joy to the person h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter