Chapter 19

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

V was running his fingers through Jisoo’s hair as he stared at her for the last time.

 

He must go now.. he must leave her before she wakes up.. or else he won’t be able to leave her side anymore..

 

But he can’t seem to move his feet.. to be honest.. he doesn’t want to be apart from her.. he wants to stay with her.. 

 

He doesn’t know with what courage it took him to tell her to separate from him.. 

 

He’s scared.. to be alone.. to fight by himself..

 

But when he thinks of Jisoo getting hurt because of him.. it hurts him even more..

 

He kissed her on her forehead for a long time before finally going out of there before he changes his mind.

 

He took a deep breath.

 

This is just the start.. he needs to go on and find his ways.. only then he will be able to meet his beloved wife again..

 

But where is he going now?

 

He can’t go to the South.. and surely not to the North..

 

Is there even any place where he could be safe here?

 

He took his time to reflect on it as he started his journey.

 

And that’s when an idea passed through his mind..

 

The rebels..

 

Jisoo told him they aren’t part of neither the North or South..

 

He can ask them to take him in and help him..

 

And.. wait..

 

He remembered one of them seemed quite suspiscious.. of him..

As if.. he knew something about him..

 

And that just pushed him more to find the rebels.

 

He went back to the river where Taehyung was found by Jisoo.

He met them there last time.. will they show up again now? Are they hiding somewhere?

 

He was going around in circles when he heard someone approaching him.

 

It wasn’t the person he was looking for but he seemed like he was part of them as well.

 

He saw him pulling out a knife from his pocket.

 

He gulped. 

 

He can’t die just like this.. not when he hasn’t found out the things he wants to know yet.

 

“Take this..” said V giving him his necklace. 

 

The man’s eyes thinned.

 

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” asked the man.

 

V cleared his throat.

 

“I.. am the youngest son of the Southern tribe leader..” he said in a shaky voice.

 

The man looked more furious.

 

“Then I should kill you now..” he said grabbing V by his arm. “I despise your tribe the most..”

 

V closed his eyes tight.

Crap! He hasn’t even gone far yet he is about to die now!

 

He was keeping his eyes shut when he heard that familiar voice he has been waiting for..

 

No.. he can’t die now.

 

He opened his eyes and pulled himself from the man right away.

 

“I told you to calm yourself down, didn’t I? You almost killed an important person just now..” said Sehun putting his hands on the man’s shoulders. 

 

“But.. this man is the son of the-..”

 

Sehun shook his head.

 

“He may look like him.. but he isn’t..” he said as he turned to V slowly. “Go back to your position..”

 

The man went away immediately.

 

V’s brows were knitted together as he looked at Sehun.

 

“Did you come here to look for me?” he asked grinning. “Why? You must have something you want to ask me.. ohh.. I forgot to introduce myself to you.. I am Sehun.. and you.. are Taehyung, aren’t you?”

 

V could tell he was being sarcastic just by the way he sounded.

 

Sehun laughed.

 

“It seems like.. we are thinking of the same thing..” he said smirking.

 

V clenched his fists.

 

“You knew..” he said staring at his eyes. 

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

 

“You know it..” V continued. “That.. I am not the real Taehyung..”

 

Sehun started laughing hysterically.

Of course he knew it.. he knew it from the time he met him with Jisoo..

He knew it since the night he almost drowned..

 

Because he knew the real Taehyung.. 

 

“How.. did you..?” V was confused. “Perhaps.. is it because of the mark?”

 

He put a hand on his chest as his eyes continued looking at Sehun who was just smiling.

 

“Taehyung.. was a friend of mine..” Sehun answered. “Before I left the tribe.. we were friends..”

 

V let out a sigh.

What will he tell him now that he has been caught? How can he explain to him that he was transported back here? He’d get himself killed at this point if he told him that.. 

 

“Listen.. I know this will sound ridiculous to you but-..”

 

“We.. are the same..” said Sehun suddenly looking serious.

 

V’s brows furrowed.

 

The same? What does he mean?

 

“You come from the other world, don’t you?” Sehun continued.

 

V’s eyes widened.

 

He even knows the other world? Wait.. does he have something to do with him being brought here?

 

He walked towards him until Sehun was just a foot away from him.

 

“What do you know about me?” he asked grabbing his arms.

 

Sehun put his hands away from him.

 

“I know nothing about you.. but I know.. what happened to me.. might have happened to you..” 

 

V remained silent as he listened to him.

 

“Just like you.. I came here from the other world..” said Sehun.

 

He smiled to himself.

Who would have thought that there would be another person like him in Amaya?

 

“What do you think brought you here? What happened to you in the other world before you came here?”

 

V lowered his gaze as he tried to look back at everything that occured before he got here in this world.

 

The accident! He almost died in am accident! His car was hit by another!

 

“I.. I thought I’d die in the cold the day I was abandoned by my mother at the train station..” said Sehun as his voice became shaky. “I had never seen that much snow in my life.. then suddenly.. I had a hard time breathing.. I was going to die.. no.. maybe I died.. almost died.. but I had this thought inside my head..”

 

He was looking straight into V’s eyes.

 

“I want to live.. I don’t want to die here.. please let me live.. give me a chance to live..” said Sehun smiling. “That’s what I thought.. that moment between life and death.. I was thinking of that..”

 

V’s throat moved fast.

 

Memories from the moment his car got hit kept coming inside his head.

 

And he is sure.. that he had the same thoughts..

 

He was begging for his life.. he was pleading.. wishing for his life..

 

Sehun heaved a sigh.

 

“I opened my eyes and found myself here.. I was wearing different clothes.. surrounded by trees.. mountains.. and..people I had never met before.. I was in denial for a few days.. but then.. I realized.. I was called in here.. I was brought here by someone..”

 

V couldn’t catch up with him.

What does he mean by he was called by someone into this world? Perhaps.. a deity? gods? Or someone with such power?

 

“It turned out.. that the boy who looked like me.. passed away from a disease here.. and his mother was crying for his death.. she was begging someone to bring back to life her only son.. and she was heard..”

 

“W-what.. did you..? I mean.. how could it-..?”

 

V put a hand on his forehead as if he were hit by a severe headache.

 

Then.. Taehyung.. the real son of the Southern Tribe leader.. is dead?

He’s passed away here? He really drowned that night?

 

“I wouldn’t know.. if it was just a coincidence.. but my late mother told me she wished upon a shooting star that night..” Sehun added as he smiled onesidedly. 

 

V’s mouth fell open.

 

He remembers Jisoo telling him that she made a wish on a shooting star that night she saved him..

 

Then.. was it her? The person who called him? That someone who brought him here? 

 

The puzzle pieces are falling into their place one by one.. but instead of understanding what’s happening.. he’s just getting more confused..

 

“Desire..” said V whispering to himself. “The greatest weapon.. us humans have.. it is our desire..”

 

He can’t believe it..

 

He just realized the real meaning behind those words.

 

Probably.. Jisoo wasn’t the only one who made it possible for him to get in here..

 

She did want Taehyung to come back to life.. 

But just like her.. he.. himself.. was begging for his own life in the other world..

 

The power of people’s desires.. 

 

It was his desire.. to live..

 

The one who is asking to live.. and the other one who is begging for someone’s life..

 

And that shooting star..

 

Jisoo’s wish.. made it happen..

 

 

 

 

Sehun held V by his shoulders.

 

“Now tell me.. was your acting as the husband of the daughter of the North over? Did s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter