Chapter 6

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

What happened after he drank his fourth glass last night?

 

V put a hand on his forehead.

That liquor must be really special that it knocked him out!

 

It was the first time ever he passed out completely after drinking..

Did Jisoo put something in there? 

No.. it can’t be.. she’s too innocent to do that.. she would never do that..

 

Or maybe.. Taehyung’s body couldn’t handle all the alcohol.. that’s right.. it’s because this body isn’t his which is why he was knocked out after a few glasses..

 

 

He stretched his back until it made a noise.

 

Still.. he slept particularly well last night.. thanks to the alcohol..

 

And his lips feel particularly very soft and moist today.. is it always because of that alcohol?

 

But.. how did he come to bed? He remembers drinking last night outside while everyone was dancing crazily..

 

Did Jisoo bring him all the way here by herself? Is she that strong?

Should he just ask her himself? That’s right.. he can just ask her..

 

She must be waiting outside for him.. he can bet his fortune on that..

 

He hurriedly went out but found no one..

 

The cold wind hit his face instead!

 

She.. didn’t come this morning? Why? She’s always talking about being a good housewife but she skipped this morning and didn’t come?

 

What will he eat if she doesn’t come?

 

Then his eyes lowered to the ground and found some food..

 

He smiled to himself.. 

 

She did come.. and left.. he knew she would come.. that woman is really eager to win him over!

His fortune is still safe luckily..

 

He started eating right away.

He doesn’t know if Jisoo’s getting better at cooking or is it him who’s getting used to her bland food..

 

He smiled as he thought of her cooking all of that in her own strange way..

 

Junkyu came to see him shortly after.

 

“Hyung!” he called him loudly.

 

V covered his ears. Why is this boy always so loud?

 

“What brings you here?” he asked annoyed. “Don’t you think it’s too early to be looking for someone who just woke up?”

 

Junkyu was about to take a step forward but stopped.

 

V smiled. 

 

“Just kidding.. don’t take it too seriously..”

 

Junkyu became bashful. The Taehyung hyung he knows couldn’t even make a single joke like this.. he was always serious about everything..

How could someone change like this? Did the water get into his head?

 

 

V found him cute..

If they were in Seoul, he might bring him to the company and ask Jin to let him work as his assistant.. 

Although he doubts Jin will let Junkyu be one..

 

 

“I thought you had woken up early as I saw your wife leaving before..” said Junkyu sitting in front of him.

 

“By my wife.. you mean.. Jisoo?” 

 

“Do you have any other wife?” asked Junkyu smiling sarcastically. “Well.. I bet you wanted to have another-..”

 

Junkyu covered his mouth.

 

What he said sparked the curiosity in V..

 

“What do you mean I would have wanted another one?” he asked in a low voice. “A wife? Another wife?”

 

Junkyu clenched his teeth. Why is he always talking too much?

He should have never mentioned anything about it.. what if his memories come back to him and he realizes he has feelings for another woman other than his wife?

 

“Nothing..” said Junkyu smiling awkwardly. “I don’t think I said that hyung-..”

 

“You want to die?” V removed the food in front of him to sit closer to him.

 

Junkyu gulped. His master has never threatened him like this before!

 

“Spill the beans..” said V in an imperative voice.

 

“Hyung.. spill.. what?”

 

“I mean.. tell me what you know..” said V. “I want to regain my memories..”

 

That’s right. He needs to know what happened to Taehyung before and the only one who might know everything about him is this guy who appears to have been with Taehyung since the start.

 

“By what I know.. you mean...?” Junkyu seemed unsure. “Everything?”

 

V nodded.

 

“My father.. my brothers.. and how I ended up drowning that night..”

 

Junkyu sighed a little.

That’s quite a long story..

He was told by Taehyung’s father to not tell him anything though..

And Jackson said that his master didn’t need to know what happened before..

 

 

“I want to know everything about myself..” said V staring at him. “Please..”

 

Junkyu doesn’t know what to do.. should he just open his mouth like he always did and get scolded later by the Tribe leader?

 

“Hyung..” 

 

V leaned in closer to him.

 

“Promise me you won’t tell your father that I told you..” 

 

V smiled.

 

“I promise..”

 

 

And Junkyu started telling him how Taehyung was before..

 

 

Jinyoung and Jackson are just like all the other brothers in Amaya.

They would sometimes argue and fight but nothing really serious has happened..

 

Maybe because Taehyung always comes in between them and finds ways to help them reconcile..

 

That’s right.. Taehyung is the peacemaker within the three of them.. he’s the gentle type.. the kind one.. the sensitive one..

 

 

“I can’t believe he was such a soft guy..” said V whispering to himself. “Totally my opposite..”

 

Junkyu’s brows furrowed.

 

“What did you say, hyung?”

 

V shook his head.

 

“Nothing.. just.. maybe you could tell me how you found me by the river..” he said looking serious again. “I have always been curious..”

 

Junkyu sighed. He thinks it’s partially his fault it happened to his master.

He should have been with him. He should have stayed with him..

 

Taehyung wasn’t allowed to go outside their tribe before his wedding for his safety..

Nothing could be in his way.. nothing could go wrong..

 

“Your brothers were the ones who found you in the river.. and I reached them a few moments later..”

 

“So.. my brothers must have saved me from drowning..”

 

Junkyu nodded.

 

“Yes.. they saved you..”

 

“They must have loved their youngest brother so much..” said V whispering to himself.

 

Junkyu continued..

 

“You have always been supportive of your father and brothers hyung.. although you weren’t given as many opportunities as them, you never complained..”

 

What a tough life this Taehyung had! 

V would have never sat back and just accepted it if it had been him!

 

 

“Your brother Jackson was the first to get married then it was supposed to be Jinyoung hyung but suddenly another riot broke out between the two tribes and when the two leaders came to this decision of reuniting the two Lands.. your father said you were chosen to get married..”

 

V’s brow were knitted together. Does that mean Jinyoung was supposed to get married with Jisoo but.. they chose Taehyung instead?

 

“Why didn’t Jinyoung hyung get chosen instead?” asked V.

 

Junkyu shrugged his shoulders.

 

“A servant like me cannot ask anything like that hyung.. I don’t want to be beheaded..”

 

“Did I say something perhaps like.. I was against this?” asked V curiously. 

 

It could happen.. if Taehyung didn’t like the idea of being married first.. he could have said it..

 

“I think you were quite upset at first but you somehow accepted it..” Junkyu replied as he looked away from V.

 

 

The problem now lies here.. 

If Taehyung hyung asks him why he could been upset at first.. what will he tell him?

That it was because he had liked another woman from the North?

 

 

“Did I like someone else?” asked V straightforwardly.

 

Junkyu looked startled. How could his master just ask him like that?

 

V knew it was the most probable case..

If someone who has never complained about anything to his father suddenly refuses to get married.. that means he had this reason..

 

Well.. just like what happened to him.. he didn’t want to marry Jisoo because he knew it was just wrong..

 

Although Jisoo is a very good woman.. still, marrying someone you don’t love is just.. wrong..

 

 

“I must have liked someone else..” said V seeing Junkyu’s facial expressions.

 

Junkyu pulled V’s hand.

 

“Nobody else knows this but just the two of us hyung..” he said whispering. “You told me yourself that you didn’t want to get in trouble because-..”

 

Junkyu stopped again making V lose his patience.

 

“Can’t you just tell me everything without creating this mysterious atmosphere? I’m about to lose my mind here..” he said frustrated.

 

Junkyu bit his lower lip.

 

Telling him might confuse him but not telling him will leave him confused..

Wait.. did he make sense? Why is he the one getting confused now?

 

“It was because-..”

 

And he told him everything..

 

 

That Taehyung fell in love with a woman he met by chance in the forest.. and that woman was from the Northern tribe..

 

“She’s from this tribe?” asked V surprised.

 

Junkyu nodded.

 

His master would leave the South and disguise himself to go to the North and catch a glimpse of that woman.

 

He would watch her silently from afar.. knowing it was prohibited to like someone from another time back then..

 

“He must have been crazy in love..” V said to himself. “No wonder he was against the idea of getting married..”

 

“But that was only at first..” said Junkyu. “He was totally against it then all of a sudden.. he was okay with it..”

 

V looked more puzzled.

Taehyung must have been bipolar or something.. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter