Chapter 11

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It has been a few days since they have come back to the North..

 

Junkyu was called by Yeri to help her with cooking.

 

He sighed. Why does he even have to help her now? Isn’t she abusing him? It isn’t a man’s task to cook!

 

“Stop frowning and just help me..” said Yeri upon seeing him enter.

 

Junkyu stood beside her and followed all her instructions.

 

Now that he thinks about it, Jisoo noona is not here.. she would usually cook and serve breakfast for Taehyung hyung..

 

“You’re looking for unnie?” asked Yeri seeing him looking around. “She might come back later this afternoon or even in the evening..”

 

Junkyu’s brows furrowed.

 

Yeri turned to him.

 

“She went with Suga oppa this morning.. didn’t she tell your master?” 

 

Junkyu shook his head.

 

His master might flip out if he knows about this..

Taehyung hyung is always looking for his wife these days specially ever since they were in the South..

 

“You seem to like Jisoo unnie..” said Yeri.

 

Junkyu’s cheeks flushed red.

 

Yeri chuckled.

 

“You really do..” she said smiling to herself.

 

“Please don’t tell her.. or even to my master.. I just like her as an older sister.. because she always takes care of me and is very nice to me and also.. she’s pretty..” said Junkyu embarrassed.

 

Yeri looked at him again.

 

“I am also older than you and I treat you nice.. why aren’t you saying you like me? It isn’t fair!”

 

Junkyu sighed.

 

“It’s because you’re always telling me to do things as if I were your own little brother!” 

 

Yeri took a moment to answer him back.

 

She lowered her gaze to the food she was preparing..

 

“It’s because I see my little brother in you..” she whispered to herself.

 

Junkyu went closer to her.

 

“What did you say?”

 

Yeri shook her head before smiling at him again.

 

“Just finish this and let’s feed your master.. Jisoo unnie told me not to let him get hungry..”

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

“I told you I could go alone.. didn’t you hear what your father told you?” 

 

Suga seemed worried about Jisoo coming with him.

 

“I must hear about it myself..” she said in a low voice.

 

The two of them went to the deep mountains to talk with the rebels about the recent poisoning..

 

But certainly, there were other things that Jisoo would want to know as well..

 

They arrived at the rebels’ hideout after some hours of travelling.

 

It was a cave.. it was dark.. it was isolated..

 

“Just stay here and wait for me.. I’m afraid they might react violently if they saw a woman-..”

 

Jisoo shook her head immediately.

 

“They wouldn’t hurt the daughter of the Northern’s tribe.. they would not want to cause trouble..” she said reassuring him.

 

“You’re one stubborn woman Jisoo.. your husband must be having a hard time..” said Suga shaking his head.

 

Jisoo just smiled before walking towards the cave.

 

Suga held her by her arm. She won’t easily just listen to him, will she?

 

“We shouldn’t waste our time here outside..” she said. “We must-..”

 

Then they noticed they were being surrounded by the rebels.

 

How could they not hear them coming? 

 

Suga held Jisoo’s arm and put her behind him.

 

“You seem to be visiting us often Suga..” said one of them who was coming out of the cave. “I don’t think we have ever agreed to be friends though..”

 

Suga chuckled a laughter.

 

“You know I also hate to see you a lot.. Suho..” he said holding Jisoo’s arm tightly. 

 

Suho came out of the cave and stared at Jisoo.

 

“And that woman? Is she your offering?” he asked pointing at her.

 

Jisoo came forward as she pulled her arm away from Suga.

 

“How could you not recognize the daughter of your old tribe?” asked Suga looking at Suho who had his brows knitted together.

 

Then another person from the rebels spoke..

 

“How can we believe you that she’s the daughter of the Northern tribe leader?”

 

Jisoo took off her boots and showed them her ankle.

 

Suho’s eyes thinned.

 

“She really is..” he said to himself.

 

Jisoo was walking towards him but was stopped by another man.

 

“I usually pin everyone down when they approach us but since you’re one beautiful woman.. I’ll just make a warning..” said the man as he smiled at her.

 

Jisoo stopped right away as he avoided her eyes.

 

“Let them come inside Sehun.. and just guard the surroundings..” said Suho as he turned his back against them to return to the cave.

 

Sehun was surprised to hear that that fragile looking woman is really the daughter of the Northern tribe..

 

“The star on her ankle is the symbol of her clan..” said one of the rebels to Sehun. “Just like the tiger mark that the Southern clan has on their chest..”

 

Jisoo and Suga followed Suho inside.

 

Suga has encountered the rebels many times already but it is his first time entering their territory.

 

It was darker inside.. although there were some candles lit around them..

 

“Why did you come all the way here?” asked Suho as soon as they sat down.

 

Jisoo looked nervous.

 

“The reason we came.. is because.. we..”

 

“The poisoning was not our doing..” said Suho right away.

 

He heard about the recent happening in the North.

 

He has eyes and ears everywhere and nothing would escape him.

 

Just like what Suga had guessed. The poisoning was not done by them.

 

“There is nothing I know about this..” Suho added.

 

Jisoo took some jewels out of her pocket and offered them to him.

 

“I need to know what’s going on..” she said begging him.

 

Suho stared at her for a few moments as if he were studying her..

 

“I have heard of a field of poison hemlock being emptied out..” he said sighing. “In the South..”

 

Jisoo and Suga looked at each other.

 

“Together with the only field of lavenders in Amaya..”

 

And the two of them realized why they smelled the scent of burnt lavenders during their stay there in the South.

 

They burned them to disguise and cover up the scent of the hemlock..

 

It was a perfect plan.. a good strategy..

 

“But.. I don’t understand why-..” Jisoo was disturbed just by the thought that the South had killed one of their men.

 

Jisoo rose from her seat.

 

This must not be true.. it’s just ridiculous that they came to this union and the South is planning something under their sleeves..

 

“I think.. we need to go back now..” she said taking a few steps behind. 

 

Suga nodded his head as he walked ahead of Jisoo.

 

As soon as they have gone outside the cave, Sehun went inside and his eyes widened as he saw those sparkling jewels that Jisoo left behind.

 

“What kind of favor did she ask you for us to receive these?” he said holding each and one of them carefully.

 

Suho heaved a sigh.

 

“What’s wrong? Do you feel guilty after taking these precious jewels from your old tribe or do you regret letting her go away just like that?” Sehun said smiling ear to ear. “She’s beautiful, isn’t she? If only she weren’t married already, I would want to have her for myself..”

 

A laugh came out from Suho’s mouth.

 

“Don’t you remember seeing her?” asked Suho as he lifted one of the jewels.

 

Sehun was busy counting the jewels.

 

“That night of the shooting star.. the woman who saved the youngest son of your old tribe leader by the river..”

 

Sehun’s mouth fell open.

 

“It was her? No wonder I felt connected with her..” he said laughing. “Then.. it was her who saved her soon to be husband? Did she know he was going to be her husband? I would have told her everything I saw if I knew she was an important person..”

 

Suho nodded his head.

 

“But the man she saved that night didn’t have any tiger mark on his chest.. you only recognized him by his face, didn’t you?”

 

Sehun nodded his head while his eyes remained focused on the jewels.

 

“I told you a strange happening has fallen upon Amaya..”

 

Suho turned to him.

 

“But what kind of ill fate is this? She saved him not knowing his family seeks the destruction of her very own tribe..” Sehun blew on the j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter