Chapter 17

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Are you still thinking about Yeri?” asked V as he kissed Jisoo on her shoulders.

 

They were lying on bed next to each other.

 

Jisoo has been quiet all day after she went to visit Yeri who was still unconscious.

 

And V could tell that there was something going on even though Jisoo told him she was just ill.

 

Jisoo shifted her body so she could face him.

 

“She will be fine..” said V kissing the tip of her nose. “She will wake up soon..”

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

She loves that someone is giving her comforting words when she needs one.

 

She used to keep everything to herself until a day ago.. 

 

She’d feel sad and cry to herself without anyone knowing about her pain..

 

But now, Taehyung is here with her..

 

“I hope so..” she said as her hands cradled his face. “I hope everything goes well.. with her.. and with everyone..”

 

V kissed her on her cheeks down to her neck.

 

“You smell good..” he said looking up at her. “My wife smells good..”

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

“It’s because we bathed together before..” she replied as she pulled his head back to her face before kissing him on his lips.

 

V kissed her back softly then he pulled away slowly.

 

“That’s right.. I bathed you well..” he said smiling onesidedly.

 

They were just looking at each other without saying anything.

 

As if their eyes were communicating by themselves..

 

No words were expressed yet they understood perfectly what their stares meant..

 

Then V smiled broadly.

 

“What is it?” asked Jisoo.

 

V shook his head while that smile never left his lips.

 

“Seeing you closer like this makes me feel one lucky man..” he said pulling her closer to him. “You’re very beautiful.. that I want to keep looking at you..”

 

Jisoo felt embarrassed by his sudden praise.

 

“You too.. you make me feel one lucky wife..” she said shyly. 

 

V tightened his embrace.

 

“What do you like the most about me?”

 

He has always been curious.. he and Taehyung have literally the same looks.. but their personalities must be different.. at least according to Junkyu..

 

Jisoo touched his chest.

 

“This..” she said looking at his chest. “This heart beating.. for me..  and how it feels warm.. I love it..”

 

V put a hand on the back of her head and pulled her even closer to him.

 

Jisoo buried her face on his chest.

She could hear his heart beating fast.. 

 

That warm chest.. that heart.. his body.. she loves it that every part of him is made for her..

 

V was smiling wide as he was hugging her tight.

 

Why does he feel so happy in her arms? When here.. in Amaya.. he has no riches.. he has no fame.. here.. he only has her..

He never thought he would feel this kind of happiness in his life.. he never thought having just one person in his life would be enough for him to feel the luckiest person ever..

 

Jisoo pulled away from him slowly.

 

She was about to say a word but felt hesitant. She lowered her gaze as she organized her thoughs again.

 

V held her chin up.

 

“What is it? You wanted to say something, didn’t you?” he asked as he raised his eyebrows.

 

He can’t let anything pass him when it’s about her..

 

He will listen to her no matter how long or short it is.. he wants to know everything about her..

 

“Just..” said Jisoo as she bit her lower lip.

 

V kissed her on her forehead.

 

“Just what?” 

 

Jisoo looked at him in the eyes.

 

“I just remembered you telling me about believing in another world..” 

 

V’s brows furrowed.

 

“I was just.. curious..” Jisoo smiled. “What do you think it’d be like?”

 

V’s throat moved fast as he lowered his gaze.

 

What would it be like? The other world.. that world where he belongs to.. where he came from.. what is it like?

 

Well.. there are lots of nice things there.. and delicious food above all..

Since she loves nature, she will love visiting Jeju Island.. she might go crazy if she sees the sea there.. or maybe she could go mountain hiking.. he could already imagine her smiling all the time.. she’s such an adventurer..

 

“I think it’d be chaotic..” V replied looking at her piercing eyes. 

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

 

V kissed her above her eyes.

 

“It must be beyond what you could imagine.. it might appear beautiful.. dazzling.. and perfect.. but.. it is harsh.. and ruthless.. so stop thinking about it.. I’m sure this world will be better for you..” he said staring at her.

 

“For me?” asked Jisoo puzzled. “What about.. for you? Would you wish.. to live there?”

 

V lowered his lips to hers kissing her softly.

 

“I don’t honestly care where..” he said smiling. “The only wish I have right now.. is to stay with you.. whether it’s in this world.. or in another one.. as long as I’m with you.. I’d be the happiest person..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes watered.

 

Hearing he wants to be with her.. and he doesn’t care wherever..

It puts her in tears..

 

V chuckled.

 

“I have never met anyone who cries all the time..” he said wiping her tears. “You shed tears everytime we talk seriously and-..”

 

Jisoo’s lips crashed on his making him stop from talking.

 

He pulled her body closer to him while Jisoo slid her hands inside his clothes.

 

They kissed passionately again and spent another romantic night.

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

 

Jisoo ran to Yeri’s tent as soon as she heard from Junkyu that she had woken up.

 

Yeri was sitting on her bed.

 

She was looking on the ground all the time, unable to meet anyone’s gaze.

 

“Tell us what happened to you..” said Suga in a commanding voice.

 

Yeri’s eyes turned red. 

 

Jisoo sat on the bed and held her hands.

 

“It’s okay Yeri.. you don’t have to tell us..” she said feeling bad seeing her in a weak state.

 

Suga sighed.

 

“Jisoo.. we need to know-..”

 

Jisoo looked back at him with trembling eyes.

 

“Please leave us for a moment, Suga.. I beg you..” she said pleading him.

 

Suga took a deep breath.

 

Jisoo is too kind.. she’s very sensible.. gentle.. sweet.. and soft for everyone.. and that is her problem..

 

Everyone takes advantage of her goodness.. she is a strong woman.. she is even better at him in fighting but her heart.. is easily swayed.. 

 

She would even treat an enemy’s wounds.. she would rather lose than see the other one dying..

 

 

He gritted his teeth.

 

“I’ll be waiting outside.. take your time talking to her..” said Suga as he went out.

 

Jisoo hugged Yeri tightly.

 

“Do you know how worried I was? Why didn’t you wake up sooner?” she said crying.

 

Yeri was also crying as she listened to her.

 

“I’m sorry unnie..” she said softly.

 

Jisoo pulled away from their embrace and looked at her face.

 

“Are you feeling well now? Are you hungry? Do you want your unnie to cook for you?” 

 

Yeri shook her head.

 

“I’m fine now.. I’m sorry I worried you..”

 

Then there was silence between them.

 

Jisoo couldn’t ask her anything. If Yeri isn’t telling her what happened to her two nights ago then she must not want to talk about it..

 

Whether she has something to hide.. or to protect..

 

She won’t ask until it’s Yeri who confesses to her..

 

 

“I’ll call Junkyu to bring you food.. just stay right here and I’ll be back..” said Jisoo rising from the bed.

 

Yeri held her arm as tears in her eyes continued to fall.

 

“Why aren’t you asking me anything unnie?” 

 

Jisoo took a deep breath before sitting down in front of her again.

 

“Yeri.. my dearest Yeri..” she called her name earnestly while smiling at her.

 

“The second person I trust and love.. after my parents.. that’s you.. if it’s hard to talk about it.. if it’s difficult to say it.. I won’t force you-..”

 

“I was tired unnie..” said Yeri continuously crying.

 

Jisoo pulled her into arms.

 

“I wanted to die.. because I was so tired.. I thought it’d be better to end it.. to end my life.. living like this.. is painful.. and attempting to die is just as painful..”

 

Jisoo patted her back as she listened to every word she said.

 

“I tried to kill myself twice unnie.. then an image of you.. smiling at me and calling my name.. appeared in my head.. I immediately put the knife down.. then I saw I was bleeding.. it hurt me unnie..”

 

Yeri pulled herself from Jisoo as she lifted her sleeves.

 

“The pain is gone now.. but this scar remains on me.. it will remain with me forever unnie.. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry..”

 

Jisoo kissed held her hands tightly.

 

 

 

And by that scar.. does she really just mean the scar from her wounds?

 

The scar that will remain on her body?

 Or perhaps.. the scar she will cause to everyone?

 

Regardless of what it is.. it will certainly leave an agonizing mark..

 

 

 

———————

 

 

 

“You’re picking flowers, hyung?” asked Junkyu surprised.

 

He has never seen his m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter