Chapter 14

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Is there something going on?” asked Chichi after hearing her daughter sigh continuously.

 

Jisoo was flustered.

 

“Perhaps.. with your husband?” Chichi continued.

 

Jisoo lowered her gaze.

 

She couldn’t sleep all night thinking about what happened with her and Taehyung.

What could have been his motive? Why would he kiss her? Does he perhaps find her attractive now? Even a little? Or was he just too emotional after she said all those things to him?

 

“We.. I mean.. the two of us.. had a kind of..” she was stuttering as she bit her lower lip. “We had an argument..”

 

Chichi held her arms and made her look at her.

 

“Why? Did something bad happen?” she asked worried.

 

She knows Jisoo rarely argues with anyone and she thought that the two of them were getting along well.

 

“Shall I talk to him? Do you want me yo call him so he could talk with the elders and your father and-..” said Chichi standing up ready to go but Jisoo held her arm.

 

“No.. mother..” she said shaking her head. “The truth is.. my problem is-..”

 

She shut her eyes tight.

 

“He kissed me.. we kissed.. passionately after arguing..” she said as her eyes opened slowly to see her mother’s reaction.

 

Chichi remained silent for a moment before bursting into laughter.

 

Jisoo felt embarrassed.

 

Should she have just said nothing to her mother? She just exposed herself now..

 

“I don’t see any problem in it my daughter.. you two are husband and wife..” said Chichi still smiling.

 

“But..”

 

“Your father and I used to mate after every argument..” 

 

Jisoo’s cheeks flushed red. What did she just hear from her mother?!?

 

Chichi started laughing at her daughter’s reaction.

 

“You act like you haven’t done it..” she said holding Jisoo’s hand.

 

Jisoo lowered her gaze again.

 

Because she never has.. and she never will..

 

As long as Irene is in Taehyung’s heart.. 

 

It will never happen to her..

 

She will never have him..

 

She knows she might be sent to the moutains if this continues but.. she can’t help it..

 

She will not force herself to him.. she will not push him to do it with her..

 

 

“I shall go now mother.. I promised Yeri I’d help her wash the clothes in the river since today is warm..” she said standing up and bowing her head.

 

Chichi held her face with a hand.

 

“It will be okay daughter.. you two will be fine.. even the shooting star takes a whole year to fall upon Amaya.. you should not rush.. it will eventually come..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes watered unknowingly.

 

Her mother always has a way of comforting her..

 

As soon as she went out of her mother’s tent, she found Yeri waiting for her.

 

“Unnie!” she greeted her smiling. “Let’s go now so we can come back before the sun goes down..”

 

The two of them were hurrying to go towards the river when they saw Junkyu walking alone.

 

He stopped and apprached the two women right away.

 

“Jisoo noona..” he said smiling broadly.

 

Yeri scoffed. Isn’t he too obvious that he likes Jisoo unnie?

 

“Why are you alone? Where is your master?” asked Yeri seeing he was by himself.

 

“He sent me away because Suga hyung came to see him..” he replied.

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

 

Suga? Why? Is it because of last night? 

 

“Where are you going?” asked Junkyu smiling again. “Can I come with you noona?”

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jisoo was still thinking of Taehyung.

 

“Come with us.. we need someone to bring this heavy load anyway..” said Yeri handing him the basket of clothes.

 

Junkyu sighed.

 

“Do you think I’m your slave or what? Why are you always picking on me?!”

 

Yeri laughed as she went away hopping.

 

Then she noticed Jisoo was just standing still.

 

“Unnie?”

 

Jisoo was startled.

 

She can’t even think straight today..   what has happened to her?

 

What’s going on with Taehyung and Suga? And what will happen to her and her husband from now on? Will something change between them after that kiss?

 

 

 

————————

 

 

Jisoo has never been by the river to wash clothes.

 

She has never thought it would be this fun.. specially with Junkyu and Yeri with her..

 

The water was cold but the sunlight made them stay warm..

 

It was a beautiful day..

 

“Is it hard unnie?” asked Yeri worried about her.

 

Jisoo shook her head as she soaked the clothes in the water.

 

“I find this enjoyable.. this might be my favorite task..” she said smiling while wearing a concentrated look on her face. “I have never sweated like this since the last time I went hunting..”

 

Yeri chuckled.

 

“I don’t understand the fun in here though.. why did I even come here?” Junkyu said to himself as he wrinkled a piece of cloth heartlessly.

 

“Oh.. Junkyu.. that-.”

 

Jisoo rose and pointed at the cloth being swept away by the current.

 

Yeri was quick to pull it back.

 

“Whoa.. you were very fast..” said Junkyu amazed.

 

Yeri laughed as she put it back inside the basket.

 

“This is all about experience.. a kid like you won’t know..” she said smiling.

 

Jisoo noticed Yeri’s outer clothes got wet.

 

“Take it off and let it dry in the sun..” she said worried she might get a cold.

 

Yeri obliged and put it under the sun right away.

 

Good thing it was really sunny.. she didn’t feel cold even though she was only wearing short sleeves.

 

She was going back to where she was before when Junkyu pointed at her arm making her stop.

 

“Did you get that bracelet from the South?” he asked curiously as he saw that familiar bracelet. “Jinyoung hyung has the same one.. he even gave me one but it broke before I came here..”

 

“Huh? You mean this?” she said holding the bracelet. “This is.. the children I played with while I was there gave this to me as a present..”

 

“Really?” asked Junkyu as he looked back at the clothes he soaked in the water only to find out they have gone far already. “What should I do?”

 

Jisoo laughed.

 

“Just let it be.. that should be my dress anyway..” she said reassuring him.

 

Junkyu pursed his lips feeling regretful. Why did he get so distracted by that bracelet?

 

A few moments later, they heard a man’s voice shouting..

 

Someone with deep voice..

 

“Unnie.. isn’t that your husband’s voice?” said Yeri looking behind them.

 

She stood up and saw him coming to approach them.

 

“He really is here..” 

 

Jisoo’s heart started beating fast upon hearing his voice.

 

What is she supposed to do? Why is he here? Did he follow her?

 

“Why did you come here hyung?” asked Junkyu puzzled. “Were you looking for me?”

 

V was catching his breath as his eyes looked for Jisoo.

 

He has been looking for this woman ever since he finished talking with Suga.

 

No wonder he couldn’t find her anywhere..

 

She was here? And even Junkyu? This guy must have a death wish.. how could he leave him? Was he following her?

 

V went straight to Jisoo who turned her head away to not meet his eyes.

 

“We should talk..” he said in a low voice.

 

He noticed her cheeks blushing. She must be shy after last night..

 

But they need to talk about things and straighten them out..

 

“I have a lot to do..” said Jisoo almost whispering while keeping her head turned sideways.

 

V sighed.

 

He understands she must be shy..  confused and flustered.. because he kissed her all of a sudden and left just like that..

 

But.. he’s also as embarrassed as her.. this is why he wants to talk to her and apologize for his behavior..

 

And maybe.. reconcile with her.. 

 

“Hyung.. do you want to help me?” asked Junkyu handing him the basket.

 

V was just looking at Jisoo and not paying attention to him.

 

“I’ll help you..” he said taking the clothes from Jisoo’s hands.

 

Before Jisoo could even refuse his help, V was already washing them in the water.

 

Jisoo finally heaved a sigh. She has been holding her breath for a while.

It was hard to face him.. and to talk to him..

 

She asked Yeri to come with her to the other side of the river.. the furthest possible from her husband..

 

V noticed she was avoiding him.

He sighed as he threw the basket lightly on the ground.

 

Junkyu was startled.

 

“Hyung.. those clothes have already been washed.. why did you put them down?” he said complaining.

 

V glared at him.

 

He isn’t in the mood for this.. he isn’t the type to wash clothes.. specially not his.. and not without fabric softener.. and not in the river!

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter