Chapter 10

Shooting star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

V was in a daze.

 

Taehyung’s body is acting weird.. it doesn’t listen to him..

And this heart.. 

It is acting by itself..

 

Ever since he came to know that Jisoo was the woman Taehyung was in love with.. he tried to care for Jisoo because he felt pity for her..

 

But now.. this heart of his is beating fast whenever he sees her..

 

This is all because of Taehyung! It’s his body and his heart which he cannot control!

 

V could see Jisoo from where he was sitting.

 

She was playing with some children.. laughing and talking with them..

 

When does she get all this energy this early?

 

It must be because she slept soundly while he was being tortured by his useless thoughts last night..

 

Jisoo came to their tent and fell asleep right away..

It’s unbelievable that she could sleep well without even being nervous of lying on the same bed as him..

 

V looked back on his plate and was about to take a bite when he saw Jinyoung sitting in front of him.

 

When did he come? How could he not notice him? Is he some kind of ninja? Why is everyone here strange in their own way?

 

“I must have startled you..” said Jinyoung. “You were busy staring at your wife that you didn’t notice my presence..”

 

V faked a cough.

 

Has he been watching her since then? He did? Really?

 

“Your wife is lovely..” said Jinyoung.

 

V thinned his eyes.

What does he mean by she’s lovely?

 

“Everyone said she’s kind..” Jinyoung continued. “Our people are very happy with her..”

 

V still hasn’t understood his point. 

He doesn’t like her, does he? 

 

Wait.. is he putting his guards up against Taehyung’s brother? 

 

“And I could see that.. you are also happy with her..” Jinyoung added.

 

Then there was silence between them.

 

V somehow feels odd. Is it because he isn’t his real brother or is it because Jinyoung looks awkward to him? Like.. he wants to say something to him but he can’t do so..

 

What is this vibe beetwen them?

 

“Your memories.. have they.. returned yet?” asked Jinyoung breaking the silence.

 

V’s eyes narrowed.

 

Now this is kinda interesting..

 

“Are you able to remember anything?” Jinyoung continued.

 

“Is there something in my memories that I.. need to remember?” asked V bravely.

 

Jinyoung’s face changed.

 

He suddenly looked flustered.

 

“Or maybe.. there is something I must forget..” said V looking straight at him.

 

And this just confirmed that there really is something going on here..

 

Whether it’s good or bad.. he still doesn’t know that.. but he’s certain.. something did happen.. and he could feel that drowning might not be an accident..

 

“I hope you can regain them..” said Jinyoung looking into his eyes. “Before it’s too late..”

 

Then he stood up.

 

“I need to go now.. we’ll see each other again later..” he said leaving him alone.

 

V sighed.

 

How much longer is he going to solve all these puzzles by himself? He can’t even tell anyone that those memories are never going to come back to him because they aren’t his in the first place!

 

He turned to where Jisoo was and only found the children without her.

 

Where did she go again? Why does she keep disappearing from his sight?

 

Did she go with that poker face guy again?!

 

 

And he was right..

 

Jisoo did go to have a walk with Suga.

 

“Why did you ask me to come and pick you up this early?” asked Suga as they walked side by side.

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip.

 

“I just thought we could walk together.. I mean.. I missed talking to you and also.. your travel stories..” she replied.

 

Suga smiled.

 

“You sound forced to say that..” he said looking at her. “Your husband might misunderstand us like last night..”

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

 

“What do you mean? He will never misunderstand us..” she said in a low voice.

 

Taehyung would never think like that about her.. he doesn’t care who she meets.. who she talks to..

 

“You could have taken a walk with him..” said Suga.

 

Jisoo pouted.

 

As much as she wants to take a walk with him and ask him about things here in the South, she knows he’s busy by himself..

 

And he might need to meet Irene today.. 

She doesn’t want to be a bother to him since he can only stay with her during this trip..

 

She must be the most stupid woman ever to allow her husband to have someone else besides her..

 

But if it’s the only way for him to never leave her side.. she’s willing to do this much for him..

 

 

“I talked to your father before we left the tribe..” said Suga as they continued walking. “He told me about the poisoning that happened a few days ago..”

 

Jisoo turned to face him completely.

 

“I think it’s the rebels’ doing and-..”

 

Suga shook his head.

 

“I met some of the rebels during my last trip.. and I don’t think it was their doing..” he replied making Jisoo confused.

 

“Then do you mean.. it is the South?” she asked almost whispering.

 

Suga took a deep breath.

 

“It is not wise to conclude it like that.. it could be from the South.. or even from the North.. we don’t know their intentions yet.. they might be against the union or they might have just made a mistake in killing our tribe member..”

 

Jisoo remained silent as she reflected carefully on his words.

 

All this time she thought it could be the rebels’ doing.. 

 

The rebels are all the people who didn’t want to take part of any of the two Lands.. they were once part of either the North or South..

 

Jisoo wanted to believe it was their doing otherwise things would be complicated between the two Lands..

 

 

 

“You aren’t suspecting.. Taehyung, are you?” she asked nervously. 

 

“I’m saying everyone could be the culprit Jisoo.. so be careful..” said Suga walking ahead of her.

 

Jisoo stood still.

 

She knows it in her heart that Taehyung would never do such thing..

She trusts him..

But she doesn’t know how to clear his name completely..

 

She ran after Suga who has just stopped on his feet.

 

“Why? What is it?” asked Jisoo seeing him looking around while sniffing.

 

Then Jisoo smelled it as well.

 

“This is the smell of-..”

 

“Lavender”

 

The two of them said at the same time.

 

It was the smell of lavender being burnt.

 

“Why would they burn such beautiful and rare flower?” asked Jisoo to herself.

 

The two of them tried to follow the scent but stopped when they saw Jackson coming from the other side.

 

“It is prohibited for other people to come this way..” he said in a commanding voice.

 

Jisoo held on Suga’s arm.

 

“Please forgive us for coming here.. we were having a walk and got lost..” she said pulling him back.

 

Suga was observing Jackson without saying a word.

 

“Is there something you want to tell me?” asked Jackson holding his stare.

 

Jisoo tapped Suga’s arm. She knows he can be blunt and honest sometimes..

 

But they aren’t here to pick up a fight with him.. Suga must calm down!

 

“Nothing..” said Suga quickly looking away from him.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“We will go back now..” said Jisoo stepping back.

 

Jackson left right away.

 

And after getting far from there..

 

“It was him..” said Suga.

 

Jisoo stopped.

 

“What?”

 

“It was him who was burning the lavender..” said Suga as he knitted his eyebrows. “He washed his hands to let the smell go away but he didn’t know the smell of the smoke remained in his clothes..”

 

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

“Hyung.. we have been standing here for the entire afternoon..” said Junkyu touching his legs. “Just what is it that you want to do?”

 

V was just looking around them without paying attention to him.

 

Junkyu held his arm.

 

“Hyung! Can you at least tell me what we are doing here? Are we waiting for something or someone here?” 

 

BINGO! Junkyu got it completely right! 

The two of them are indeed waiting for someone..

 

Jisoo.

 

Where has she gone to with the poker face man? They haven’t come back yet since this morning.. 

 

V even asked Yeri about Jisoo’s whereabouts but she wasn’t able to give an exact response..

 

All she said was..

 

“Jisoo unnie went to have a walk with Suga..”

 

So.. are they planning to walk around the whole Amaya? 

 

V sighed.

 

Then he saw Junkyu smiling happily at someone.

 

Another unknown person for him.. who could it be?

 

Junkyu noticed him staring at him after greeting RM.

 

“Ohh.. you might not remember but he is the head of our tribe’s warriors..” 

 

V just nodded his head. He won’t remember him no matter how much he tries anyway..

He won’t even bother himself to ask of him..

 

“He was with your brothers when they found you that night..” Junkyu continued sparking interest from him.

 

V looked at him.

 

Maybe he needs to take back what he said before..

 

“Mind telling me more about him?” he asked curiously.

 

Junkyu told him everything he knew about RM.

 

But there wasn’t really anything that was so particular..

 

RM grew up together with Taehyung’s brothers. They trained together.. learned to fight together.. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter