Chapter 15

One, Two, Fall for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seulgi" 

Seulgi stopped walking and turned to the voice. She saw Mrs. Bae standing up from the couch and walking towards her.

"What is it, auntie?" 

"Do you have somewhere to go to tomorrow afternoon?"  

Seulgi pursed her lips. She and Joohyun had planned to go watch a movie tomorrow afternoon, since they haven't gotten a chance to do it before. 

"I- uh..um.."

"My friend, Minji, you know her right?" 

Seulgi hesitantly nodded. "Yes auntie."

The old woman would go to the restaurant with her daughter, to eat there or just visit Mrs. Bae, so she already know her.

"Well she asked me to help her make kimchi tomorrow, to give to her inlaws next week. But I can't go to their house because your uncle and I have to go somewhere. So I was hoping that you'll be the one to help her instead" Mrs. Bae said hopefully.

"I-"

"What's going on, umma?" 

Seulgi inwardly sighed in relief. She turned around and saw Joohyun coming down the stairs.

She pleaded for Joohyun to help her using her eyes.

Joohyun subtly nodded.

Mrs. Bae looked at Seulgi and then at her daughter. "I asked Seulgi if she can help your aunt Minji make kimchi instead. Since you know, we have to go somewhere after closing the restaurant tomorrow." 

"I'll do it instead, umma" Joohyun quickly volunteered.

She knows that her aunt Minji's daughter, Hayeong, has a crush on Seulgi.

She overheard Hayeong confessing to Seulgi about liking her, when they were at Mrs. Lee's birthday party, three months ago.

Seulgi and her were not that close yet at that time, so she didn't really care. But now that Seulgi is already her girlfriend. She became a bit possessive.

That's why she doesn't want Seulgi to go there again, especially if she's alone.

"Didn't you say, that you're going somewhere with Yongsun tomorrow? That's why you refused at first?" Mrs. Bae looked at Joohyun suspiciously.

"Um.. I'll just tell Yongsun that I have something important to do. I'm sure she'll understand" Joohyun smiled awkwardly.

She had forgotten that she lied when her mother asked her if she could help her aunt Minji instead. Since she and Seulgi had a movie date planned already.

Seulgi gulped nervously at the side.

"Are you sure you'll do it?" Mrs. Bae asked with furrowed brows. 

"Yes, umma" Joohyun nodded. "Plus, aunt Minji might not recognize Seulgi unnie. So it's better if I'll just do it instead" She grinned nervously.

Seulgi was about to say something, but decided to just keep quiet and let Joohyun handle it on her own.

Mrs. Bae stared at her daughter for a few seconds before finally nodding.

"Okay. But bring Seulgi with you, so that you'll be done with your task faster" 

"No!" Joohyun quickly covered when she saw her mother's shock face. She cleared . "I mean. I'm sure Seulgi unnie have somewhere else to go to. Right unnie?" She subtly signaled for Seulgi to say 'yes', but unfortunately Seulgi failed to see it.

"No. It's okay Hyun. I'm not going anywhere. I can help you" Seulgi smiled.

She just wanted to spend time with Joohyun, so she doesn't care where they were going.

Joohyun pursed her lips. She was trying hard not to react at Seulgi's answer, because her mother was there.

A day after being together, Seulgi and Joohyun told Mr. Bae about their relationship. Mr. Bae was happy for them and even playfully warned Seulgi to take care of his daughter or else he will kick her out of the house.

Seulgi promised Mr. Bae that she will take care of Joohyun and would leave on her own, if she doesn't fulfill it.

Mr. Bae was satisfied to hear it while Joohyun was totally a blushing mess.

Once Joohyun was able to pull herself together, she then asked her father if it was alright to tell her mother about their relationship too, but Mr. Bae told her 'no'. 

Mr. Bae explained to them that Mrs. Bae might not be as accepting as he was, since she had a strong reaction against same relationship, when they accidentally saw a lesbian couple kissing on the street, while they were buying something at the market.

Joohyun and Seulgi were saddened by it. They were hoping to tell Mrs. Bae too, so that they won't have to hide anymore.

"Okay, that's settled then. I'm going to go sleep now." Mrs. Bae said before going upstairs.

Joohyun was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard her mother's voice. She watched and waited for her mother to finally get inside her room, before dragging Seulgi out of the house.

"Yah! Kang Seulgi! Why did you agree to it?" Joohyun hissed as she lets go of Seulgi's wrist.

Seulgi was confused. "Why wouldn't I?" 

Joohyun huffed loudly. "I know Hayeong has a crush on you and confessed to you already. I also know that you've already rejected her. But going into their house might make her believe that she can change your mind!" 

Seulgi pouted and looked down on the ground. "I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking. I just wanted to spend time with you. " 

Joohyun's anger slowly faded.

She felt stupid for getting angry at Seulgi, for agreeing to go with her, when the older girl just wanted to spend time with her. 

"I'm sorry, babe" Joohyun quickly s her arms around Seulgi's waist. "I'm sorry for being jealous at nothing"

"It's okay." Seulgi hugged Joohyun back and kissed her head. "But babe, please trust me, okay? I don't care how many girls or boys have a crush on me or confess to me. My eyes and heart only want you. So don't worry." 

Joohyun just nodded and hugged Seulgi tighter. 

Seulgi hummed and carressed Joohyun's hair.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, before they finally decided to get inside the house.

They failed to see Mrs. Bae looking down at them from the window upstairs with a frown on her face.

 

_________

 

"Are you okay?" Seulgi asked Joohyun worriedly.

They were now at the bus stop, going to Mrs. Lee's house. When Joohyun suddenly complained about her aching stomach.

"It hurts a bit, but I'll be fine" Joohyun said weakly as she held her stomach.

Seulgi frowned and wrapped her arms around Joohyun's body protectively. "Have you eaten something bad earlier?"

Joohyun shook her head. "No, but I think it's.. it's because of my monthly visitor." She mumbled shyly.

Seulgi's brain lagged a bit and reacted strongly when she heard the word 'visitor' 

"Who's monthly visitor are you talking about? Have I already met him or her before?" Seulgi frowned.

Joohyun opened to say something, but Seulgi beat her to it.

"I bet it was that senior of yours that often give you tteokbokki, huh? What's his name again? Park Gumsht?" 

She once saw Joohyun and the guy, outside the younger girl's university while she was waiting for Joohyun.

She saw the guy run towards the tteokbokki stall across the university and bought some tteokbokki, before going back to Joohyun and giving it to her, to which the younger girl happily accepted.

They talked for a bit before Joohyun bowed to the senior and going to where she was parked at, and getting inside the car.

She asked Joohyun who it was, but the younger girl just told her that it was her senior and nothing more.

They weren't close at that time yet, so she didn't try to pry more. Afraid that Joohyun might get angry at her.

She only found out about his name when she overheard Yongsun teasing Joohyun, about the senior who gave Joohyun tteokbokki, after helping him find the book he was looking for at the library.

Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter