ViSeul | Everyday I Love You

Our Little Rendezvous

 

[Before Debuting]

 

A small deer was sprawled out on a bed, big enough for two people. Its alarm immediately awakening the said deer. Vivi shifted around the bed, reaching out to the side of the bed to find a familiar white bird.

Plump lips jutted out in a pout upon realizing Haseul wasn’t there. The deer's eyes reluctantly opened, glaring at the ceiling, upset that a particular someone hasn’t come home from their trip for work related issues.

 

-

 

Long arms wrapped around the smaller’s waist. Haseul sighed in content, inhaling her lover’s scent. “Hi..” The bird breathed out. Vivi shook her head and let out a huff of air. The deer melted at the younger's embrace.

And they stayed like that. It was quiet, the comfortable kind.

Haseul eventually started to sway around in place, making the older bubble up giggles. “What are you doing, Haseul?” She turned to face the younger woman.

Haseul lopsidedly smiled. “I’m trying to dance, Viv.”

“Without music?” Vivi smiled back.

“Without music.” The bird's embrace tightened around the small waist.

The deer buried her face in the bird's chest, releasing a satisfied sigh. The two closed their eyes to enjoy their moment. Soft vibrations were felt on the younger's chest.

Haseul was now beginning to sing a song. Vivi hummed along with Haseul. Swaying around the living room seemed absurd at first, but now Vivi loves it. Especially now that it got Haseul to sing.

“Your singing is beautiful as always.” The moment those words left the deer's mouth, the bird started singing off-key. “Hey, no.” Vivi glared at Haseul, cupping the younger's cheeks. “Don’t do that. You know I love your singing, Seul.”

“Mm, okay.” Haseul quickly pecked Vivi's lips, chuckling at how red the older had turned. “You act like we aren’t girlfriends.”

“Shush- just.. Keep singing, please?” The deer pleaded with pitiful eyes. They continued swaying around their living room. It ended with Vivi somehow falling asleep while swaying. Haseul was amused by it.

Something to tease Vivi with when she awakes, the sly bird thought.

 

-

 

The front door softly clicked. “I’m home!” Haseul immediately set her shoes off to the side and left the umbrella near it too. “Vivi?” the bird called out once more as she took off her coat.

Haseul then walked to their shared bedroom. A small lump was on the bed, covered by the thick blanket. The ever-mysterious lump was shaking underneath.

A loud clap of thunder then made its presence causing a small sob to be heard. “Vivi..” Doe eyes immediately popped out from the blanket, frantically searching around the dark room for the person that just spoke.

“H-Haseul?” Vivi managed to croak out despite aching from sobbing earlier. No response was heard from the younger. Haseul only went under the covers and engulfed Vivi in a tight embrace, combing her hair with her fingers.

Vivi's sobbing had subsided a long time ago, but Haseul insisted on comforting her more. "I'm sorry I couldn't get home faster." She apologizes, her voice shaky and uneven.

It doesn't take much braincells to connect the dots. Haseul's starting to silently cry because of how sorry she is. Vivi looks up at her, wiping away the younger's tears.

 

And it's at times like these where Vivi learns to appreciate Haseul more and more each day.

 

-

 

[After debuting]

 

"바보처럼 니 생각에." (Just thinking of you like a fool.)

 

Whilst singing her debut song, Vivi turns to look at the backstage. And there she spots Haseul, slowly approaching. The younger smiles brightly at Vivi, her eyes formed into crescents.

 

"또 하루가 지나가." (The day passes again.)

 

Vivi delivers her line before walking off for Haseul's time to shine. And of course, the Orbits cheer on for her.

 

"Ah choo, 난 너무나 행복해. (Ah choo, I'm so happy.)

Want you, 난 너밖에 또 몰라. (Want you, you're the only one I know.)

It’s you, 넌 너무도 완벽해. (It's you, you're so perfect.)

이렇게 내 맘은 영원히 너만 바라봐." (Like this, my heart goes to you forever.)

 

Turning her heel to go behind Haseul and the backup dancers, Vivi catches Haseul's gaze towards her. She wasn't supposed to look at her. But here she was rapping her lines, staring directly at her.

 

"누가 봐도 너무나도 너무 부러울 걸. (Everyone would be so, so jealous.)

우리 사랑 무엇보다 소중할 걸. (Our love will be more precious than anything.)

I want you to want me.

조금씩 우리 사랑 조용히 더 시작될 걸." (Little by little, our love will start quietly.)

 

Despite all the loud cheering and shouting from all the Orbits before the two of them, all of it seemed to be muted. And the only thing she could hear was Haseul's voice booming from the multiple speakers.

And suddenly, her debut song's title couldn't be more true.

 

Jo Haseul,

Everyday, I love you.