ChuuSoul | Hidden Treasure

Our Little Rendezvous

 

"No, Sooyoung, I swear!"

"Jiwoo, you were just seeing things.."

 

Sooyoung lightly shoves Jiwoo, completely convinced the younger girl was lying to her. "I really had to come with you all the way here?" She pouts and sighs.

"No- Seriously! I-" Jiwoo stammers, her embarrassment skyrocketing. "I just.. I saw a mermaid right here!" She pushes her story to her dear friend.

"It was probably some mere dolphin or something!" The older of the two brushes off the girl's words. "You know, Jiwoo, I'll just go back to the car already. Have fun with the dolphins, I guess." Sooyoung quickly scurries off, leaving the said girl all alone.

Jiwoo hears a muffled 'Don't take too long, though!'  before the only sounds she could hear were the ocean waves and the occasional flock of birds flying over and making noises she couldn't quite make out.

Fiddling with her little bracelet on her hand, Jiwoo sadly sighs. "I look like an idiot now.." She mutters, silently sulking.

 

"That's a pretty bracelet..!"

 

Completely alarmed, Jiwoo flinches. "W-who!" She squeaks out, covering her figure in defense. "Don't hurt me!"

"Oh, believe me, I won't!" The mysterious voice reassures her, followed by a low chuckle.

Hesitantly, Jiwoo lowers her arms to look at whoever was before her. Much to her surprise, she gets met with a beautiful woman. "Oh.. Oh!"

"Oh?" The blonde woman tilts her head at Jiwoo, adorably so. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No! I mean-" Jiwoo nervously chuckles. "No, it isn't. It's just- you're really pretty.." She genuinely compliments, rubbing her nape.

The blonde's eyes sparkle, making her knees slightly wobble at the sight. "I'm pretty? Thank you!" She happily takes the compliment after processing it.

What Jiwoo didn't expect next was bright blue fins excitedly flapping behind the woman causing water droplets to land on her.

 

Jiwoo, quite literally, falls. On her .

 

"Wh-what! You-" Jiwoo points at the fins on display, her hand trembling as she tries to stay on target. "Fins! What! Th-that's- HUH?"

Clearly getting that the girl is freaking out over her, in a bad way, the mermaid quickly hides it in the water. "Hey!-" She puts her finger up to her lips, shushing her. "Can you keep it down? I-i.. don't want anyone finding out, please."

As if on que, hurried footsteps near the two. "Jiwoo, are you okay? I heard some screaming.." Sooyoung yells out from a distance. Jiwoo quickly glances between the stunning woman and Sooyoung's blurry silhouette.

The blonde's eyebrows curve up, making her appearance more pitiful yet to Jiwoo all she wanted was to pepper the woman with kisses. "Please, Jiwoo." She mouths to her.

"I-i.." Jiwoo stammers for the nth time today, her pupils visibly shaking. Time wasn't stopping, the shuffling coming nearer and nearer. Jiwoo's heartbeat runs at a million miles per hour, she trembles.

Frowning, the mermaid reluctantly back away, glancing at Jiwoo before getting ready to scurry off.

 

"I'm okay! Y-you don't have to check on me, Soo!" Jiwoo nervously chuckles in between huffs. "There was just- s-some bug! Yeah, a bug..!"

"You sure?" Sooyoung asks one last question.

Jiwoo gets back on her feet, looking back at Sooyoung. "I'm sure, don't worry!"

"Hurry back, okay?" The older yells back before walking back to her car. Jiwoo sadly sighs, scuffing her shoes on the sand. A few rocks scatter off that she accidentally hit.

 

Jiwoo intends to take one last look at the ocean, but gets a million watt smile blinding her.

"You didn't tell her!" The mermaid, who Jiwoo thought already left her alone, claps her hands. "Thank you, Jiwoo!" Her smile widens, exposing her lil dimple on her left cheek.

Feeling like she just experienced a heart attack, Jiwoo clutches her chest with her hand. "Jeez- I thought you swam off already!" Jiwoo flashes a weak smile back.

"I trusted you." She states, seriously so.

"Why me?" Jiwoo slowly approaches the woman, slightly scared but pushes through it.

Noticing Jiwoo's actions, the blonde beams. "You look like a nice person! Why wouldn't I trust you?" 

Nice person. Jiwoo giggles at the naïve woman's words. "What if I wasn't? Or what if it was someone else? Would you trust them?"

The blonde juts her lips out in a slight pout, looking deep in thought. She hums. "Well that doesn't matter! You're here now and you aren't hurting me."

Jiwoo's eyebrows wiggle making the mermaid chuckle at her antics. "I guess you're right..?" She trails off, not sure what to call her.

"Jinsol." The woman finishes her sentence. "I'm Jinsol."

 

Jinsol.. What a unique name.

 

"I'm Jiwoo!" She squeaks out, sitting comfortably on the edge of the docks. "Y-you already knew that.." Jiwoo whispers, looking away in embarrassment.

Jinsol laughs once more, eyes forming into crescents. "You're cute! I like you already, Jiwoo." The latter snaps their head back at the blonde, pleasantly surprised at the compliment.

Jiwoo sees a small flash of blue in the mermaid's eyes, but brushes it off. Of course she's magic! "Thanks, J-jinsol." She tests out the name on her tongue, her stuttering still evident but she's trying.

 

The two end up chit-chatting for minutes, engrossed in whatever topic they could think on the top of their heads. But really, it was mostly Jiwoo asking ridiculous questions. Jinsol was really patient with her.

Jiwoo is honestly amazed at Jinsol's patience. She would've been tired at this point if she were talking to anyone else.

 

But alas, all good things must end.

 

"Jinsol, I'm sorry but Sooyoung's getting upset." Jiwoo frowns, shaking her phone at the older. "She's been texting me for a while now. Guess I have to go.."

"Tex-texting?" Jinsol tilts her head, curious at the rectangular contraption. "What's that?" She expectantly looks up at Jiwoo.

Right. Jinsol's a mermaid.. You're stupid, Kim Jiwoo!

"Oh- ah.." Jiwoo nervously chuckles. "I'll explain to you next time!" She hurriedly stands up and begins walking away.

Jinsol pouts, even though the younger doesn't see it. "Next time?"

Turning to look at the woman once more as she walks, Jiwoo smiles. "I'll come back! Same time, same place.. Hopefully!"

Returning the same bright smile, Jinsol's fin flaps around again. She giggles. "Okay, Jiwoo! I'll wait for you." She waves good bye to the woman.

 

"What took you so long?" Sooyoung asks, clearly irritated at Jiwoo who's just hopped in the car.

Jiwoo, still all giddy, only smiles at her. "Guess me and ocean got carried away." She vaguely answers.

Blinking for a few seconds, Sooyoung shakes her head at her. "Whatever. You're paying for everything after this now."

 

"Wha- Seriously, Sooyoung!?