YeoRry | Why?

Our Little Rendezvous

 

"So, thank you for volunteering to answer our questions today, Yeojin-ssi!"

 

Yeojin smiles sweetly at the staff. "Ah, it's nothing! No need to thank me." She waves her hands around as she chuckles.

"Whatever you say, Yeojin-ssi.." The interviewer laughs along Yeojin. "Shall we begin with the questions?" He asks, adjusting the microphone and cameras.

"Okay." She gives them a thumbs up. Yeojin gets directed to clap to signal the starts of the interview, and so she does.

 

"Start!"

 

//

 

"Remember that we will be asking you somewhat personal questions, but you can tell us when it's too uncomfortable okay?"

Yeojin makes eye contact with the camera, she flashes a cheeky smile. "Got it."

 

"So, Yeojin-ssi, why are you single?"

 

Ah, right. This is what she signed up for. Yeojin, with reddened cheeks, rubs at her nape. "Because I fell for someone I couldn't have."

The set fills with empathetic Ooh's from the staff. Yeojin scrunches her nose, sticking her tongue out in embarrassment.

 

"Why would you say you couldn't have them, Yeojin-ssi?"

 

"It wasn't like I wanted to have her, but let's be honest, we don't really have control over our feelings.." She remains mum for a second. "There were moments where I thought it wasn't unrequited."

"Moments where she'd look my way with that blinding smile of hers, and I'd smile back. When I'd make a dad joke and she'd bust a lung at it. The way she nonchalantly took care of me in small ways.. She just loved me in ways others couldn't compare." Yeojin glances at the camera. "And I thought.. it meant something."

 

"What do you exactly mean by that?"

 

Yeojin bites the inside of her cheeks. "Those moments made me feel like I was someone special to her." She laughs. "Sorry- It's just funny looking back at the memories. I just- I really thought I stood a chance."

"Guess I was wrong about that in the end."

 

"So.. You confessed to her?"

 

"Of course!" Yeojin proudly states, with cheeks puffed up. She quickly deflates though. "I originally wanted to take her on an extravagant adventure with me, but she wasn't that type of girl."

"So I took her on this lantern event thing. You know, like from the movie Rapunzel? Yeah, just like that. Except we weren't on a boat. We both decorated this one lantern and made it fly up in the sky."

"And so, when we could barely see our lantern, we made eye contact." Yeojin turns away for a moment, covering .

 

"Oh, Yeojin-ssi! Are you crying? Do you want tissues? We can-"

 

"I'm not crying! It just sounded a bit cliché, don't you think?" She cheekily smiles at the staff and camera, to which the staff releases a sigh of relief.

Yeojin waves a hand at them, signaling to not worry. "Anyway, I'll continue the story.."

"We made eye contact, and well- I accidentally blurted it out in the open. And for a few seconds, I couldn't figure out her expression towards me. Until I recognized the pity in her eyes. I knew that was it."

 

"Did she say anything to you then?"

 

"She did." Yeojin timidly nods. "She said.."

 

Yeojin's body slumps. Yerim's gaze at her wasn't promising at all. She should've kept shut.

"Yeojin-ah.." Yerim starts, with a small smile. "I don't think I'm ready for that yet." She rejects her with those words.

And of course, Yeojin took it. "A-ah.. It's okay, Yerim-unnie! I understand." She sadly smiles back at her before turning away, picking at the grass.

"You do?" Dangerously, Yerim takes Yeojin's hands. She rubs over the girl's knuckles to soothe her. "I'm sorry, Yeojin.."

 

"And days later, I learned.."

 

"What?" Yeojin doesn't actually want to hear it again, but she's completely surprised that it's all she can manage to say.

"I said, Yerim and Hyejoo are together! They look cute, don't you think?" Heejin, a mutual friend of theirs, looks at Yeojin who's still stunned.

Yeojin quickly masks the betrayal and heartbreak though. "Y-yeah! I hope they last long, right, Heejin-unnie?" She gives a thumbs up.

"Me too, Yeojinnie!"

 

The room fills with awkward silence for a moment. Yeojin sweetly smiles at them, waving a hand. "C'mon, give me the last question!" She laughs, as bright as she physically can do.

The interviewer nods at the staff before looking back at Yeojin.

 

"Once again, why are you single?"

 

Yeojin looks dead straight at the camera, practically beaming. "Because she loves someone."

 

"Someone that isn't me."