HyeSoul | Reaching Out

Our Little Rendezvous

 

Hyejoo groggily walks in the living room with extremely droopy eyes trying to navigate around the dimly lit room.

 

"Oh, Hyejoo-yah?"

 

Within the dark, a voice drawls itself out. Hyejoo recognized the slower tone in speaking almost immediately. "Ah, Jinsol-unnie?"

Jinsol makes a noise that practically screams 'Jinsol' to confirm Hyejoo's guess.

The older woman shifts to turn on the little moon lamp on the coffee table. Hyejoo rubs her eyes before looking back at Jinsol's eyes in the now somewhat-lit room.

"What're you doing up?" Jinsol asks, affectionately looking at Hyejoo's obvious bed hair and her loose hold on a small gray wolf plushie.

Hyejoo slows walks on over towards Jinsol on the couch. She crashes down on the empty spot next to the older woman. "Sooyoung-unnie, woke me up because I wouldn't stop kicking the top bunk."

Jinsol hums. "You know Sooyoungie gets cranky if you do that when she sleeps." She airily giggles before pointing at Hyejoo's plush. "I see you're cuddling with Midnight."

Hyejoo holds it up for Jinsol, and a smile curves itself on her lips. "Yeah." She nods, looking at Jinsol's tired yet content features. "Remember when you got him for me?"

 

Jinsol and Hyejoo look around the multiple crane machines. Sooyoung, amused, watches the two silently solve how they can possibly win them all.

Sooyoung softly pats their heads at the same time, positioning herself in the middle of the two. "I got the coins, you two."

"Oh, really?" Jinsol gasps, clearly didn't expect Sooyoung to this for her and Hyejoo.

And speaking of Hyejoo, the younger girl screeches out in celebration. Sooyoung has to shush her before taking the small bag of coins out of her pocket.

 

Sooyoung leans her body on one of the crane machines, watching over the younger two slowly go insane over the multiple losses they've gotten so far.

Sooyoung notes the little things the two have as they test their luck.

Jinsol sticks her tongue out when she's looking intently at her prize. Hyejoo puffs up her cheeks when she knows it's another loss for her.

 

Sooyoung whips her head towards Jinsol's direction when she hears a blood-curdling scream. She runs on over to where Jinsol's supposed to be.

"Lookie!" Jinsol flaunts her new prize, hopping towards Sooyoung with a bright smile. "I did it, I did it!" She repeats like a child showing off its doodle to its parent.

Hyejoo pokes her head out, peering over her two unnies. "Waah!" Her jaw drops when she eyes the new little wolf plush in Jinsol's arms.

"Wow, Soulie!" Sooyoung flashes a proud smile at Jinsol. "I'm very happy for you." She adds.

Jinsol's eyes sparkle at Sooyoung's words, her smile widens a bit more. "Thank you, Sooyoungie." She affectionately pats the latter's cheeks.

Hyejoo jokingly gags at the sight. Sooyoung playfully rolls her eyes. Jinsol giggles, walking over to the youngest.

"Here." Jinsol offers the wolf plush to Hyejoo, who only looks at her with confused eyes.

 

"I got it for you, Hyejoo."

 

"You wouldn't let me give it to you. You were very stubborn, Son Hyejoo." Jinsol jokingly scolds, she ruffles the latter's hair.

Hyejoo flicks off the older's hand in her hair, scrunching her nose for a second. "Stop it. My hair's messy as is." She whines, holding Jinsol's hand with her own.

Jinsol watches Hyejoo's hands play with her fingers, the younger not even realizing it. "You're very cute." She thinks out loud.

"Eh?" Hyejoo tilts her head at the older, her slightly hooded eyes flash with curiosity. "So sudden.." She leans her body on Jinsol's

Jinsol airily chuckles at her. "I noticed you always want to hold hands." She squeezes Hyejoo's hand that's now interlocked with hers.

"Oh." Hyejoo lightly giggles, knowing too well that Jinsol's absolutely right about her. "I like having someone by my side."

"Good for you then," Jinsol adjusts and brings Hyejoo closer to her. "Because Sooyoung and I are always gonna be here for you, Hyejoo."

Appreciating the close distance between her and the older, Hyejoo snuggles up nicely. "Really?" She nuzzles on Jinsol's shoulder.

The latter's hand rubbing comforting circles on her knuckles, humming. "Of course. We always got you, you know?"

Hyejoo hums back, slowly nodding against Jinsol. "Yeah, yeah."

Jinsol picks up the younger's plush, placing it in Hyejoo's arms. "He's gonna feel jealous." She jokes.

"Talk about you." Hyejoo teases, a smile growing on her features. "You're always so jealous if I don't give you attention when I'm with Sooyoung-unnie."

Nudging Hyejoo for the sudden exposure, Jinsol pouts. "Hey, let me be." She pinches the younger's cheek with her free hand. "I love my little baby Hyejoo-yah~" Jinsol coos.

"Aish.." Hyejoo groans in annoyance, removing a hand off Jinsol's just to brush off the latter's hand on her cheeks. "I told you to stop messing with me."

Jinsol nudges Hyejoo once more. "Yah, you forgot to say something back." She pats Hyejoo's thigh. Hyejoo heaves out a sigh, shaking her head against the older.

 

"I love you too, Jinsol-unnie."

 

 

 

A/N: ever since i saw the tweet about how oli hye always wants to hold someone's hand.. thoughts have been thunk

just to add some sort of context, Hyejoo lives with Jinsol and Sooyoung. they say they adopted Hyejoo but not really

this is a completely platonic pairing fic! i'm in love with YveSoulHye so this is kind of self-indulgent