Chapter 7

Call Me Adina

Adina stood outside of the crowded concert hall where thousands of other Stays were gathering and forming ques to get in. She was silently thanking the heavens for the warmer weather while they waited outside. Adina tucked the backstage pass under her top to hide it as she got in line. A group of girls behind her were giggling about their biases. Adina smiled when she heard one of them talking about Bang Chan. 

The line began to move forward. Her phone went off. She expected it to be Ami or Melissa still freaking out and telling her to take pictures and videos. 

Chris: You in line?

Adina: Yes! I'm excited!

Chris: Good! Remember to just come backstage when we are done! 

Adina: Will do! Have a good show! 

Adina bit her lip thinking about what might happen tonight. Chris had been busy getting ready for the concert so she only got to speak to him later at night on the phone. The pair had on many occasions teetered on full-on flirting but Chris would often awkwardly back off and change the subject.

The line slowly moved as she inched closer and closer to the door. The concert was set to start in an hour and the sun was finally setting. She honestly had no idea what tonight had in store for her. Was Chris just trying to be a good friend or was there something there? Anxiety began to creep up in her just thinking about it. She quickly buried the feeling when she got to the front of the line. 

The security guard checked her ticket and her bag before gesturing her to enter the concert hall. The sound of fellow excited Stays was almost deafening to her. She made her way through the crowd heading towards her seat trying to go unnoticed. 

"Holy ," she mumbled to herself as she saw that she was front row and center. "Is he trying to murder me?" Adina sat between two groups of friends feeling a bit awkward being there by herself. Her phone went off again with a text from Chris. She quickly covered her phone when she saw that he sent her a selfie with the guys backstage. 

Chris: Almost showtime! Hope you enjoy it! Can't wait to see you after the show!

Adina: Warn me before you send me a photo! I am surrounded by Stays. 

Chris: Oops Sorry! 

Adina chuckled as she closed the conversation on her phone. It wasn't too much longer before the tension in the large room rose as the lights dimmed. The concert hall erupted in screams and cheers as the lights revealed the guys on stage. 

"How are Stays tonight!" Chris yelled at the crowd just as the first song began. She could tell he was living for this moment. All of them enjoyed being on stage and it showed. It wasn't too long before Adina lost herself in the music. At one point she saw Chris come towards her on the stage and made eye contact with her. The butterflies in her stomach went wild making it hard to keep herself together. 

Chris noticed the blush on her cheeks even with the lights shining bright on his face. It made him smile thinking about how he now didn't have to hold back telling her how he felt. Well, there was no contract telling him he couldn't tell her. In fact, he planned on talking to her tonight after the show backstage. After a wink and smirk in Adina's direction, he practically skipped back into formation with the guys. 

The show went on like that for a good while. Despite going alone Adina was enjoying herself among the other fans. She was surprised that even out of her comfort zone she was enjoying herself this much. Felix took center stage to talk to the fans towards the end. 

"The last few years have been amazing and we are so thankful to have you Stays here to celebrate our anniversary! We've got one more song for you before we say good-bye!" Felix's words brought mixed reactions. The crowd was filled with cheers and awes. Adina grew nervous through the last song. She still wasn't sure what was going to happen tonight. Ami kept saying he would confess to her just by how he had been acting.

Adina was so sure that he would confess to her that the fear of him not doing so kept creeping up. Her feelings for him had grown even more over the last week. She felt safe talking to him. At night when she couldn't sleep she would think about his words of reassurance to her and the sound of his laugh. Then the thought of dating an idol seemed so daunting.

She was snapped out of her thoughts as the guys sad their final goodbyes. Realizing that she needed to head backstage, she scooted through the isle and towards the backstage area. Her heart was pounding as she flashed the pass at the security guard. Adina wasn't too sure where to go but she followed the sound of Chris's voice until she saw him. 

A smile grew on both of their lips as their eyes locked. Adina smiled as she quickly headed towards him. Chris waved the guys off telling him he would meet them in the changing room in a bit before heading towards Adina. He greeted her with a massive hug. Adina squeezed him tightly in response. 

"The show was so good! Y'all were amazing!" 

"Glad you enjoyed it! You look amazing by the way." His words made her blush. 

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself!" His smile lit up the dimly lit hallway. He pulled her aside further away from the staff's eyes. 

"There is so much I wanted to say but..." His expression was mixed with excitement and nervousness, "I can't think of all of the suave words and phrases I came up with last night."  

"Then show me?" Adina was surprised by her sudden burst of confidence almost kicking herself for saying something so bold. Chris took the hint as his hand cupped her jawline lifting her chin up just before his lips met with her's. Adina's heart stopped for a moment as she felt his soft lips part against her's. She melted in his arms allowing all of the built-up anxiety to just melt away. Chris deepened the kiss as he pressed her back up against the wall. 

She gripped onto his shirt wanting this moment to last as long as it could. Chris jumped as he heard footsteps approaching the hallway. Groaning, he pulled away looking Adina up in down. He sighed when he saw a smile grow on her lips. 

"God, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." 

"I had a feeling you've been waiting for tonight," Adina replied grinning. 

"Yeah, It was getting really hard not to secretly break my contract." He scratched the back of his head as he looked over to the staff member who was heading towards the dressing room. "Wanna meet the rest of the guys? I know Changbin has kinda been wanting to meet you." 

"You've already told them about me?" 

"I mean Changbin caught me on the phone with you so..." 

Adina laughed as she nodded her head signaling that she wanted to meet them. Chris took her hand in his and lead her to the dressing room. He knocked on the door warning them that he was coming in. 

"Guys? You all dressed?" There was a joint "Yes" as an answer before Chris opened the door leading her in. "So, I have someone who wants to meet you. Guys, this is Adina." 

Smiles grew on all of their faces at the sight of her. 

"So, this is the mysterious friend he's been chatting with?" Han asked as he leaned back into his chair. 

"A very pretty friend," Seungmin added. 

"Thanks," Adina said bashfully. 

"Good to finally meet you. Bang Chan... spoke highly of you," Changbin said with a chuckle. 

"Nice to finally meet all of you. Great show tonight!" Adina clasped her hands together in front of her. 

"Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!" Felix gave her a big smile. 

"You about ready to head out Bang Chan?" Han asked. 

"Oh! Yeah let me just say goodbye and I'll be there." Chris pulled Adina out of the room just out of earshot from the guys. "We are heading to get dinner before we head back to the dorm. I'll come to see you after we eat if that is ok with you." 

"Yeah! I'll see you then!" 

Chris gave her a quick goodbye kiss before he walked back into the dressing room. Adina spun around with a small squeal before heading towards the exit with her head in the clouds. 

 

AN: Guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry, it took so long to post! I do want to announce that I am continuing my Jhope fic "Chapters"! So keep a lookout for updates for that one!