Chapter 9

Call Me Adina

Warning: Just want to give you a heads up that this chapter includes possibly triggering topics such as stalking. 

 

 

 

Monday afternoon finally came to an exhausted Adina. She was sitting at her desk in her empty classroom when Emily came in and plopped into one of the desks.

"So now that the kids are gone... wanna tell me how this weekend went?" 

"I went to a concert," Adina said with a cocky smile. 

"Yes I know that but what happened afterward?" 

"I went backstage and he kissed me." Adina covered her wide grin with her hands as she watched Emily squeal with delight. 

"So, is he a good kisser?" 

"Of course," Adina exclaimed with a laugh. Adina decided to not tell her about what happened later that night. She figured not everyone needed to know about how many times they made out in the course of 10 Things I hate About You.  

"Anything else happened that night?" Emily's left eyebrow rose. 

"He went to dinner with the guys and I went home." 

'Not a lie,' She thought. Adine tried not to think about him leaning over her on the couch planting deep kisses on her shoulder. 

"Hmmmm," Emily mused, "I'll let you slide this time. I have a feeling he showed up at your place after dinner though." 

"Was it the blush that gave it away?"

"Oh, absolutely." The two laughed as they cleaned up the remainder of the classroom. Both had figured it had gotten late so, they were both surprised to see the front desk lady knocked on the doorframe of the classroom with a vase of flowers in her arm. Adina's widened at the white peonies in the clear vase. She prayed. Chris or one of her parents sent them.

"Adina someone sent these to you. This is the card that came with it. I didn't open it figuring it was some secret admirer." She wiggled both of her brows as Adina grabbed the flowers and thanked her. Her heart was beating as she sat them down on her desk.

"Dang two days in and he's already sending you flowers?" Emily sat in Adina's chair with her arms crossed. 

"I don't think this was Chris..." She took a deep breath as she opened the note. 

'Adina, 

It's been so long. I've missed you. Hope you've been doing well. I'll see you soon. 

-Love, Preston''

Her heart dropped as she read the name on the card. 'How the hell did he find me?' She asked herself. The urge to google if restraining orders that are done in the U.S. have any power crept up. Emily noticed a change in Adina. She began to wonder if all those times she thought she heard or saw him were really him. '. !'

"You ok?"

Emily's question snapped her out of it. 

"No... my ex found me." was dry from the realization. 

"I'm guessing that's not good. How bad is it?" 

"Like restraining order level." 

Adina went for her phone to call Chris hoping he could come to get her. SHe didn't want to be alone heading home now that Preston had made himself known to her. Her hands shook as she pressed the call button on her phone. 

"Adina? You ok? I didn't think you would be done with work this early." Chis's cheerful voice did nothing for her nerves. 

"Chris. Are you busy? Can you come to my school?" She tried to keep her voice from shaking.

"Yeah, but are you ok?" 

"No, I need someone to take me home. I'll.... I'll tell you when you get here."

"Ok! ok..." Chris was growing worried on the other end. He eyed Han who was next to him working on lyrics in the artist lounge. "I'll be there in about thirty minutes. Ok?"

"Yeah. Just text me when you get here. I'll stay inside till then." Adina was biting at her nails trying to just concentrate on his voice instead of the possibility that Preston was waiting outside. 

"Ok. I will." 

Chris hung up the phone trying not to panic. Someone or something was scaring her. "Han I'll be back in about an hour. Can you cover for me?" 

"Yeah, everything ok?" Han looked up from his laptop concerned. 

"I don't know. I'll text you when I'm heading back." Chris slipped out unnoticed and bolted to catch a taxi. 

Chris: I'm on my way. 

Adina didn't see the text message. She was starring at the flowers trying to decide whether to burn them or just throw them in the trash. 

"Your phone went off," Emily said pulling her from her thoughts. Adina looked over to her phone to see Chris's text. She then decided to just throw away the flowers. Without a word she got up and grabbed the flowers and chunked them into the hallway trashcan. 

'How did he find my school?' She thought to herself, 'I know I posted that I was moving to Seoul but I've never disclosed my school. Did he find me and follow me?' Adina kicked herself for getting too comfortable just because she moved countries. 

"Adina?" Emily's voice cut through her thoughts again. 

"Hmm?" 

"You ok?" 

"Just thinking. Sorry... and slightly panicking." 

Emily sighed before sitting on the desk in front of Adina. "Don't panic. Chris is on his way here to whisk you away to the safety of your home."

"You make this sound like some type of fairytale." 

Emily smiled, "Well, I'd say making out with an Idol backstage is like living in a fairytale."

"And being stalked by an ex when you move across the world sounds like a nightmare." 

Emily tilted her head, "True, true. But... Bang Chan is coming to make sure you are ok." 

"It shouldn't have to be like that. Preston is my past and he belongs there, far far away from here." Adina groaned as she leaned back in her chair. She focused on her breath trying to get her heartbeat to slow down. 

After a while, she felt her phone ring. Adina sighed seeing it was Chris. Both her and Emily gathered their things and headed out. 

"Thanks for staying so late with me." 

"No problem Adina," Emily assured. 

The cool night air hit her lungs as she took a deep breath upon seeing Chis waiting for her with a cab ready to go. 

"Get some rest girl," Emily gave Adina a side hug before she headed off towards her bus stop. Adina's smile instantly came out when she could tell Chris was smiling under his mask. The pair got into the cab and gave the driver the address. 

"So, what spooked you so badly?" He asked in English hoping the driver's knowledge of the English language was limited. 

"I'll tell you more about it in private but in short my old stalker followed me here." 

Chris's head snapped towards her. He tried to keep his instant worry hidden. "Stalker?" 

"Yeah," Adina sighed, "Got any experience with that?" She smirked knowing full well he did. 

"Just to let you know, dying your hair doesn't work." He chuckled trying to lighten the mood but he could tell she was trying to not shaking as she looked out the window every time they slowed down or stopped. 

"And neither does moving countries." 

 

 

AN: Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait between posts! Work has been hell and so has been my mental health 😓Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Things are about to get a little tenser! Love and Cookies!