Chapter 13

Call Me Adina

"So are you doing anything with Chris for Christmas?" Emily flipped the steak on the grill at the BBQ place. 

"He has holiday specials to film before heading to see his family for a couple of days in Australia and I'll be back in the states. So, other than facetime..." Adina sighed wishing she could spend their first Christmas together. 

"That . Maybe you two could do something before you leave for the states." 

Adina stuffed some rice in her face mulling over what they could do. She hadn't even thought about what she would get him for Christmas. 'What do you get an Idol?' She thought. 

"What do I get him," she signed. 

"I would get him something that he could use every day. You know so whenever he picks it up he thinks about you." 

"He's always working on music when he's not with me..." Adina's mind went to work thinking about what she could get him that he could use. "You know of a good music electronics store?" 

"No, sorry but, I see where you are going and I like it! Maybe get him a pair of really nice studio headphones. I've noticed he's been wearing the same ones he's had since debut." 

"ooo I like that!" He's busy tomorrow evening so I won't see him till like Saturday after tonight. Wanna go shopping with me after school tomorrow?" 

"Of course! What are you guys doing tonight?" 

"I have papers to grade so probably not much. He said he didn't care. Just wanted to be with me before he gets busy for the rest of the week." Adina picked up a piece of steak and ate it before washing it down with some water. 

"That's cute. I think he also just wants to make sure you are ok. Preston been bothering you?" 

"Not since I've checked into the hotel last night. Kinda scared he will follow me back home for the holidays," Adina added.

"Wouldn't that be riskier for him?"

"Yes but..." Adina trailed off trying not to think about all the past scares. 

"Try not to worry about it too much then. Just enjoy time with your family. Plus you'll have me for the 10-hour flight before we split off to our connecting flights." Emily was so cheerful in her reassurance. 

Emily had given Adina money to order plane tickets back to the States so they could sit together. Something Adina needed to do tonight before Chris's visit. Adina tried to not let her mind wander as she finished eating dinner with Emily. She thought maybe she could get her work done before he showed up...

---

"What the hell do I get Adina for Christmas?" Chris was resting his head on the edge of the soundboard. 

"Flowers?" Changbin suggested, "I mean she really likes flowers." 

"Yeah, but I wanted to give her something a little more." 

"A video of you beating Preston's ?" Changbin punched the air and made sound effects. 

"I think that would be more for me than her. No, I was thinking more along the lines of jewelry. Something simple so she can wear it a lot." 

"I've been hearing a ton of people talking about some new jewelry line that features flowers." 

"Oh?" Chris sat up interested in the suggestion.

"Yeah, here let me pull it up!" After just a few moments of scrolling through the website Chris's eyes locked onto a purple hydrangea necklace. 

"Where are they selling these?" Chris and Changbin smiled before they began to plan their next shopping trip. 

---

Adina was on her bed in the hotel room grading papers while a news broadcast was playing in the background. She had already done some online shopping and looking at places that could do custom engraving on headsets. Plane tickets had been ordered for her trip back to the states which she still had mixed feelings about. Sure she was excited to see her family but she was nervous to be on a plane that Preston could quite possibly be on. 

Chris: Hey I'm at your door with food.

Adina smiled as she quickly got up and opened the door catching a whiff of the chicken he had in the bag. 

"I know you had BBQ with Emily but I figured since you were up this late working on grading you may want some fuel." Chris gave her a toothy grin. 

"You're too sweet." Adina kissed his cheek before letting him in. "What have you been up to?" 

"I was out with Changbin once we were done with work. How was dinner with Emily?" He sat the chicken down on the table and pulled out a drumstick. 

"It was good. It's nice to have a girl's night ever so often." 

"Which reminds me have you told your friends in the States about us?" 

"You mean Melissa and Ami?" 

Chris nodded in answer. 

"My phone blew up for about four hours. They're excited but are keeping it a secret." Adina smiled and sat in the other chair.

"Good," he chuckled taking another bite. 

"You know," Adina began, "Christmas is coming up. I didn't know if you wanted to do something with just the two of us before I have to go to the states to visit family." 

"You act like I don't already have something in mind." 

"Well, what did you have in mind?" Adina rested her head on her hand as she lovingly gazed at him. 

"Christmas dinner where we each make a few dishes that are our favorite for Christmas." 

"oo that sounds fun. We can do it the night before I leave!" Adina finished up a piece of chicken and kissed Chris's lips as she got up and went back to the bed to finish working on grading papers. Chris watched her with a small smile. He admired her work ethic and her love for helping her students. There had been many phone calls of her stressing about her students.

Adina caught him looking at her, "What?" 

"Just watching." 

"I know this must be boring to watch." 

"It helps that you're so beautiful." 

Adina giggled, "Cheesy but, I love that about you." Adina tried to keep calm as she realized that word had just come out of . She didn't say that she 'loved him' but it felt so close. She watched his face to see if he reacted but he just smiled at her. Chris could tell she let that word slip. He didn't mind, in fact, he was glad that his growing feelings for her were being matched. 

 

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed it. Struggled a bit with this one. I hate transition chapters.