Chapter 5

Call Me Adina

Adina hadn't seen Chris for the rest of the week. School resumed the next day once enough roads had been cleared and the guys returned to the studio. She was grading school work and munching on popcorn when she got a notification for Chan's Room on Vlive. Feeling conflicted over doing work or watching Chris she decided to take a break from grading paper to watching him and see if he would recognize her on chat. 

When he finally rolled into the frame on his rolling chair she giggled noticing he was still in makeup from doing a shoot she knew he had today. 

"Hello, Stays!" She knew he was tired but his smile said otherwise. It's almost as if he got energy from just being around his fans. He continued his greeting when Adine decided to join in. 

CallmeAdina: Hi Chan! Did you have a good snow day the other day? 

Chris saw the name pop up on the chat making him smile. "I did have a good snow day. Relaxed a bit before having a snowball being chucked at my face. What all did you do?" While he did ask the question to the whole chat he was eager to see what she would say.

CallmeAdina: I was supposed to drink hot cocoa and watch a movie with a friend but we both fell asleep on the couch. It was actually nice. 

Adina figured that her message got swallowed by the flood of Stay's messages telling him about their snow day. Chan did in fact see the message among the others. He bit his lip thinking about if he should respond. 

"A nap on a cold day does sound nice," He responded. Adina smiled as she pulled out her work to finish. She listened to him for the entire stream as she finished grading her papers. As he was ending his stream he gave all the Stays a hug as per usual but her mind wandered to the other day when she was in his arms briefly as he lifted her up to get the marshmallows. 

She had just finished putting her paperwork up and ready for class tomorrow when her phone rang. 

"Hello Chris," she said biting her lip. 

"Hey! That was you on Vlive right?" She could tell he was getting out of a car by the sound of the car door closing. 

"Yes. I thought you knew it was me. Also, do you realize you bite your lip when you get nervous or excited?" 

"Ah.. uh..." He stuttered as he was caught off guard by her observation. "Yeah," he chuckled. 

"It's cute," Adina giggled until she slapped her hand over wondering why she said that out loud. Chris was blushing as he was walking into the dorm. He purposely avoided the guys while he was on the phone with her. Han was asleep on the couch with the TV still on. Changbin poked his head out from the bathroom with a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. He waved as Chris walked past him. 

"You think my lip bite is cute?" He asked walking into his and Changbin's room. 

"Yeah. I mean so does every other Stay..." She mumbled. 

"But you think it's cute." 

"Ye...yeah." Adina began to chew on her cuticles out of nervousness. 

"Well, the way your lips twitch up into a smile when you sleep is pretty cute." He hopped onto his bed keeping an eye on the door for when Changbin would come in. Adina was frozen at his words. 

'Did he just... oh my god he did!' Her mind when into overdrive thinking about the other day when they fell asleep together on the couch. She had awoken before he did. He looked like someone she could cuddle with on cold days. Adina pushed away those thoughts. 

"I don't know what to say to that." A nervous laugh escaped her lips.

"Maybe Oh Chris you're so sweet," he responded in a high-pitched voice. Adina laughed at his horrid attempt to imitate her. 

"Fine fine. You're too sweet Chris." He smiled at hearing her laugh. It was such a sweet sound to his ears. 

"So, how was your day?" He asked. 

"Eh, I graded homework from the past week." 

"Sounds fun?"

"Maybe, if you like to torture yourself." Adina laid back on her bed. "How about you? I'm guessing you were busy most of the weekend." 

"Yeah, had rehearsals for the upcoming concert and worked on some music before the Vlive." 

"Oh yeah! You guys have that coming up." Adina grew a little sad. She had wanted to go but between the move and trying to save money she just couldn't pull it off. 

"Do you plan of coming?" Chris hoped she would say yes. Especially since his dating ban would be up that day. 

"I won't. I just wasn't able to get tickets cause of the move." 

"That ." He became sad that she would miss out on it. His brain went to work on any open tickets the guys may have. Then a lightbulb went off in his head. Changbin walked in at that moment and waved quietly. "Well, hey Imma let you go. Changbin just walked in." 

"Ok! NIght Chris!" 

"Night Adina." 

The pair hung up but Chris could feel Changbin's stare at him. "What?"

"Who's Adina?" Changbin asked as he plopped on his bed. 

"A friend of mine I met a few weeks back." 

"A friend... wait is she the reason you disappeared on Wednesday?" Changbin's eyes went wide as he saw how Chris was chewing on the inside of his cheek in an attempt to not smile. "Dude, you've got to be careful. If our manager finds out..."

"I know. I know. We're not dating..." 

"Not yet but you're teetering on that line." Changbin looked worried. 

"Our dating ban is up in two weeks. I was hoping she would get to come to the concert then." 

"She can't come?" 

"Tickets are sold out and she wasn't able to get one when they went on sale."

"..."

Chris facepalmed as he realized he still had a few tickets available that were set aside for friends and family. 

"Hey Changbin, do we still have some of our light sticks in the storage closest?" Chris asked. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"I think I have an idea," he answered with a grin.

 

 

 

AN: Guess what... IT FINALLY SNOWED HERE. But I can't get any work done haha 😑