Chapter 15

Call Me Adina

Adina did not want to get out of bed the next morning. Chris's arm was wrapped around her waist holding her against his chest. Her alarm went off and she groaned as she reached for her phone to silence it. 

"I don't wanna get up baby." Adina pushed herself against Chris feeling the chuckled reverberating through his chest. 

"You don't want to miss your flight." He kissed her back before sitting up and looking down at her. She hadn't taken off the necklace he had given her and she didn't think she would take it off any time soon. Adina wondered what felt different about the way he looked at her just now. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but his gaze felt softer. 

Chris leaned down and kissed her softly before getting up and heading for the bathroom. Adina checked her phone for any last-minute flight updates. Emily was awake and was texting her making sure she was awake as well. 

Emily: You awake?

Adina: Yeup! I'll be getting ready here in a bit. 

Emily: How was last night? 

Adina: You know I don't kiss and tell. lol

Emily: I feel like you guys did more than kiss. 

Adina: It was a nice dinner. 

Emily: Mhmm...

Adina saw Chris walk out of the bathroom wet and shirtless. 'Damn,' Adina thought to herself. She slipped out of bed and wrapped her arms around him from behind making Chris smile. He knew Adina didn't sleep much last night since they would be parted for a while. She buried her face into his back thinking about the night before and squirmed thinking about his touch and the way his lips felt on her.

Chris couldn't stop thinking about the way she would moan his name and the way she looked beneath him. It took everything he had to finally pull away from her and only kiss her forehead. 

"It won't be long babe," Chris commented as he held her hands. 

"I know. Promise we will facetime as much as possible?" 

"I promise. But you need to get a shower and get ready. Your plane leaves in three hours." 

Adina groaned as she pushed herself away and drug her feet to the bathroom. She let the hot water run down her back letting it wake her up and loosen her tense muscles. The fear of Preston finding out her flight still loomed in her mind as she lathered the shampoo in her hair. The knot in her stomach eased a bit as Chris poked his head in with a wide smile. 

"I made you a quick breakfast burrito." 

"Oh my god, you're amazing." 

"I know!" Chris exclaimed as he headed back out to the kitchen. Adina blushed as she turned off the water and grabbed the towel to dry off. 

After breakfast Chris walked Adina to the main street to catch a cab for her. "Text me when you get back to the States." 

"Will do babe." Adina smiled before planting a loving kiss just as a cab pulled up. 

"Have a good time with the family." He finally said after he put her luggage in the trunk. 

"I will. You have a good time too." 

Chris gave her one last hug and a small kiss on her temple before letting her go to get into the cab. The pit in his stomach grew as he watched her cab drive away. Preston had left them alone for the moment but she was going to be far away. Too far for him to protect her. 

Adina was a mixed bag of emotions as she sat in the back seat of the cab. She had a busy week once she got home. Her friends were excited to see her and catch up but her stomach grew nauseous at the thought of who might be following her home. 'At least it'll be easier to get him arrested while I'm home if he does try anything,' she thought.

Emily was waiting by the gate with her carry-on by her side and her face starring at the phone screen.  Adina sighed with a smile, happy to know she wouldn't be alone for the long flight to New York. Emly finally looked up and smiled at her seat partner. 

"Was Chris sad to see you go?" Emily asked. 

"Yeah, but it's only for a week and we will facetime when we can." Adina sat her backpack on the seat next to her and sat next to Emily. 

"You still haven't told me about what you guys did last night," Emily sang as she swayed side to side. Adina bit her lip trying to push back last night's activities to the back of her mind.

"And I won't." 

Emily groaned at the lack of storytime Adina was giving her. Adina looked up at the gate and saw that first class was beginning to board the plane. There was no sign of Preston in the gate making her breathe a sigh of relief. 

"Your stalker isn't here is he?" Emily asked. 

"I don't see him which makes me feel better... At least for the first leg of the trip. Oh, we are boarding!" 

Adina and Emily stood and boarded the plane ready for a good long nap. 

~

"Mom!" Adina called out to her mom at the airport. Adina bolted for her mom with her arms wide open. 

"How was the flight?" her mother asked as she pulled her in for a hug. 

"Long. Where's dad?" Adina looked around for her father thinking his flight would've come in before her's.

"His flight got delayed. Well, work delayed his flight." Adina's mom answered as she picked up one of the bags. Adina's father was often out of town for work and hardly home. 

"Oh. Will he be in town for Christmas?" 

"Oh yeah! He just will be home for a few days." 

Adina grew sad knowing her father wouldn't be home for the entirety of her visit. Her mother noticed the change in expression immediately and changed the subject quickly as they headed towards the parking garage. 

"So, how's Seoul? Anybody I should know about?"

"Well, you know about Emily. We flew together until New York," Adina cheekily said. 

"You know what I'm talking about smart ." Adina's mom elbowed her with a chuckle. 

"There is. His name is Chris." Adina wondered how much she could tell her mom. Three people already knew about him, why couldn't her mom know? 

"A name is a good start. What's he like? What does he do?" She ran on asking more questions making Adina start to laugh. 

"Ok, well he's not super tall, he's really sweet, he's a musician... umm and he's good at cuddling?" Adina stopped at her mom's car and waiting for the trunk to open. 

"Cuddling? Adina, I swear you are the worse at lying to me. Just tell me he's good in bed." Her mother chuckled as she rolled her eyes. 

"Please don't tell dad. I don't feel like a lecture from him." Adina threw her luggage into the trunk. 

"I'm won't. Mostly cause I don't wanna hear it either." Both of them giggled as they got in the car and headed home. The two caught up during the twenty-minute drive home. Adina told her all about Chris and how he was the leader of Stray Kids. Her mom was elated to see Adina so excited about her growing life in Seoul. Her smile faded though when Adina mentioned Preston following her to South Korea.  

"You know I'm gonna tell your father about Preston." 

"That I'm fine with. I'm honestly surprised that he followed me after being silent for so long." 

"I guess he thought he could get away with breaking the restraining order in South Korea. I'm glad Chris and Emily have helped keep you safe." 

Adina smiled thinking about the amazing support group she has both at home and in Seoul. Her eyebrows pushed together at her phone vibrating. She expected it to be Melissa and Ami messaging her about lunch tomorrow but it was instead Chris. 

'What is he doing up?' Ainda thought to herself. He had promised he would be better about getting into a better sleep schedule while she was gone. 

Chris: Hope your flight was good and that you're almost home. Have you seen Twitter recently?

Adina: The flight was as good as one that long could be and no. Why?" 

Chris: We were caught.

"Adina?" Her mother asked in a concerned tone. 

Adina didn't answer her mother as her heart sunk and her hands begun to shake. She quickly opened up Twitter to find her feed filled with a picture of when Chris was kissing her goodbye in front of the taxi. Adina kicked herself for being so careless. It was early in the morning and neither one thought anyone would be watching. Hell, even the taxi driver was half asleep. 

Adina: what do we do?

Chris: I don't know. My manager has called a meeting at nine in the morning. I know that may be late for you... 

Adina: I'll stay up. When did you find out? 

Chris: Several hours ago but you were in the air. 

"Adina," Her mother called out. 

Adina: Chris what happens to us? 

Chris: I don't know.

"Ainda! Answer me!" Adina's gaze snapped to her mother who had stopped the car in the driveway of the house. She felt a panic attack coming on as her social media accounts began to blow up. 

'It only took them hours to find me.' 

 

 

AN: I am so sorry this took so long! Writer's block is a for sure and BTS releasing their concept photos didn't help! 🥵 I was so distracted. 🤣 Hope you guys enjoyed it!!