Chapter 10

Call Me Adina

TW: There are mentions of ual assault in the chapter below. Other than that, enjoy! There's fluff at the end I promise. 

 

 

Adina made it into her apartment with no sign of Preston around. Chris had to leave to head back to the studio but he had promised to come back after dinner to check on her. Starving she threw together a quick salad and slowly munched on it trying to keep her nerves at bay. Chris had mentioned he would be late and the hours felt long to Adina. A long annoyed groaned left her lips as she realized she would need to come up with alternate routes to and from the school especially since Chris couldn't just drop what he was doing every time. 

She saw Chris's text just before he knocked at her door. It was almost ten by the time he finally got away from the studio. He looked just as tired as she felt but he still put on a calming smile for her. Adina noticed he had a duffle with him as he slipped off his shoes and planted a long kiss on her lips. 

"Have you eaten yet?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I had a salad earlier. You? I can fix you something." 

"No, I'm fine. I ate at the studio." With his arms free he took her up in a hug and buried his face in the crook of her neck. 

"What's the duffle bag for?"

"I figured if you wanted I could stay the night to help make you feel better," He answered as he planted small kisses on her neck. 

"Can you even do that? What about that curfew?" 

"Curfew went away with the dating ban." He let her go from the hug and gave her puppy dog's eyes. 

"Then you can stay. I'll happily have you over for a sleepover."

Chris's expression grew playful. "Hmm, not sure how much sleeping there will be." He winked as he walked into the flat with Adina in tow. 

"Chris," Adina laughed as she flopped back onto the couch. 

"Mind if I use your shower?" He asked.

"No, go right on ahead." 

Before he went into the bathroom, he planted another long kiss. Adina curled up in the blanket and settled down to watch whatever was on the tv until Chris got done with his shower. After a few minutes, she heard the water turn off and watched as he walked out with wet hair and in a shirt and shorts. Chris sat next to her under the blanket and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"Have anything weird happen after I left?" 

"No, it was quiet thank god," Adina sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder. Chris lightly kissed the top of her head and tightened his grip around her. 

"Wanna tell me about him or is it that bad..." 

Adina took a deep breath as she thought about how to tell the story without getting too...detailed. 

"His name is Preston. We dated for about two years in college. He got a little too possessive of me and I began to drift away..." Adina's gaze grew distant, "I guess he could tell I was about to break it off so he broke into my apartment and attempted to me. Lucky for me I woke up in enough time and smacked the out of him." 

"Now I wanna kill him." Chris clenched his jaw.

"You and me both but murder is illegal. After it was over he stalked me for about a year. I moved twice and he broke in each time and would follow me when I went home to my parents. Finally, I was granted a protection order after he broke into my parents' house. After that, he backed off and moved away." 

"Why the hell is he showing up now?" 

"Quite possibly cause he thinks that the order doesn't cover me while I'm in another country." Adina looked down at her empty hands trying to keep them from shaking at the thought of him breaking in again. Especially now she was living alone. 

"Does it?" Chris asked. Adina nodded in answer. 

"I just don't know how easy it'll be to actually enact it."

Chris breathed in for a moment thinking about a way that would make her feel safer. "I may have connections that could help with that." 

"Oh?" Adina sat up and away so she could look at him in the eye. Chris had a tight lip smile. 

"Perks of dating an idol." 

"I don't need all of those perks when I already have you." 

"You saying that these muscles will keep him away? I don't mind beating him up." Chris showed off his muscles making her giggle. 

"Now I know you wouldn't just beat someone up." Adina shifted and straddled him sitting in his lap. 

"I would if they hurt you." His hands ran up and down her thighs as he smiled at her, "Feeling better?" 

"Mhmm," she nodded, "A little." Chris looked up and smiled He was relieved that she was feeling better for the time being. He knew however, she would grow nervous tomorrow during her commute to and from work. Going with her to the school in the morning would work but he often was staying late at the studio making it hard to meet her when school let out. But for now, he would make her forget about her crazy ex enough so that she could sleep. 

Adina lazily wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled as she leaned in for a kiss. He smelled of mint with a hint of blueberries. She honestly forgot that the tv was even on as he reciprocated her kiss and pulled her closer to him. His warm hands ran up her side under her shirt before he changed his mind and wrapped her legs around his waist. Adina tightened her hold on him as he stood up and headed for the bed. 

Once at the bed, he gently laid her down planting small kisses down her neck and chest. Adina watched as he took his shirt off and threw it to the side and laid down next to her with his head propped up by his hand. Adina rolled pushing him down rested her head on his chest. "Your heartbeat is really loud," Adina commented. 

Chris chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her. "Sorry, it's one of the effects you have on me." 

"That was super cheesy," Adina laughed, "But I'll allow it. Thanks again for today."

"Don't mention it. Wish I could do it every time but I can at least get you to the school most mornings." 

"I'll figure out something. Maybe take taxies more often." Adina closed her eyes and concentrated on his thumb that was going up and down on her spine. She knew what he was doing. It was late and she needed rest. "Let me go turn out the lights real fast." 

As she was getting up Chris pushed her to the bed and insisted he go and turn them off. Adina didn't complain as she watched him turn off the living room and kitchen lights along with the TV. She admired his back muscles as they flexed and relaxed with each movement. 

Chris climbed back into bed and pulled Adina close to his chest. "Now, you have to go to sleep. Those students need a fully alert teacher tomorrow." 

"And the guys need a fully functional leader." Adina buried her face in his chest breathing in his scent. 

"Pft, you think they listen to me!" 

Adina chuckled as she settled in listening to him breathe and the thumping of his heart. Her nerves had subsided until they were awoken by someone pounding on her door at three in the morning.