Chapter 14

Call Me Adina

"Ugh, why did I agree to do the main course?" Adina groaned as she panicked about the honey-baked ham in the small oven. It smelled and looked right but normally her family would pick it up from a Honey Baked Ham store instead of cooking it. She had never made one herself before. Chris would be here any minute with the sides and she had another half hour with the ham. 

Adina kicked herself for trying to pack and cook today as she leaned her back against the counter in her flat. Chris was staying the night to make sure that she had a good night's sleep before her flight and to spend as much time with her as he could. 

Chris: Hey I'm about five minutes away. 

"," Adina breathed, "I haven't done my hair." She sprinted to the bathroom to try and salvage her hair. As she was brushing it out Chris knocked on the door. She sprinted to the door to open it only to find a black-haired Chris with a big gin on his face holding a thermal bag. "You died your hair! I like it."

"Shhhh, we may be filming something." He winked as he leaned in to kiss her, "Merry Christmas." 

"Merry Christmas," she said between kisses. Chris handed her the small wrapped box. "Ooo I wonder what it is." Adina placed the box next to Chris's present under her coffee table's small Christmas tree. 

"Something smells amazing! What do you have in the oven?" 

"Honey baked ham. A family favorite." Adina checked on the ham before getting the table set and putting away the desserts Chris had brought. They had made more than enough food for both of them.  "We got about fifteen more minutes before the ham is ready." 

"Just enough time for this," Chris grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to him, and kissed her deeply. Adina was caught off guard for just a moment before melting into the kiss. They hadn't seen each other the past week and Chris was hungry for her touch. He tried not to think about her being on the other side of the world this time tomorrow. Instead, he focused on the soft moan that she made and the way her hands gripped the front of his shirt. 

He groaned when he heard the timer go off for the ham. "Chris I have to get the ham out!" Adina said between the final kisses. 

"Fine," he replied letter her go. The two worked to finish getting the table set and sat down for their Christmas dinner. Adina was pleasantly shocked at how well the ham turned out but it just wasn't the same. Chris however, just ate it all up. They talked and shared family stories and laughed at each other's embarrassing holiday memories. 

While they were finishing up dessert Chris eyed the box that was addressed for him. "What did you get me?" 

"I was wondering what you got me," she said giggling.  Adina got up and handed him his present with a giant smile on her face. Chris took the present and examined it trying to guess what it might be before opening it. Adina observed him turning into a kid right before her eyes as he began to tear off the wrapper. His face lit up when he saw the box of the pair of headphones he had been eyeing for a while. 

"Take them out and try them on!'

"Try them on?" Chris looked confused but did it anyway. He immediately knew why she wanted him to take them out. "You get them custom done?" He admired the Stray Kids logo that adorned the headset. 

"Of course!" 

After Chris admired his new gear before handing her the wrapped jewelry box. Adina carefully unwrapped and opened the box. Her eyes lit up at the glittering hydrangea necklace that looked identical to the one she had planted back home at her parents' house. 

"Chris... it's beautiful." Her eyes were wide as she held the pendant in her palm and moved it around admiring how it sparkled. "Thank you."

"Want me to help put it on?" 

Adina nodded and turned around. Her smile grew as she felt the cold metal lay on her chest. She turned around and was met with a soft kiss.

"Merry early Christmas Adina."

"Merry early Christmas Chris," she giggled. 

 

 

 

AN: So... sorry this took so long to come out. Work got in the way and my husband got me slightly addicted to Fortnite. (Yes I do have the BTS emotes and I do spam them.)