Bicycle’s Accident

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bicycle’s Accident

 

 

 

Based on Running Man’s episode 489.

Spoilers warning in case you haven’t watch the episode.

 

 

 

 

January 8, 2020

 

It has been in the Running Man members’ list of activity for years and today was no exception for them to meet up for a bike ride along the Han river. From the weather’s prediction, they will have some sun during the morning so it’s a nice day to meet up.

 

Jihyo happily skipped to her car, she had Seongmoon putting the bikes in her car last night, hers and Jongkook’s new one. She decided to buy him a new bike since he used an old model from years ago.

 

Jihyo texted Jongkook to let him know that she’s on the way to the rendezvous location before she drove her car away from the apartment complex’s basement. Apart from Jaesuk, who’s clearly busier than the rest of the members, they agreed to meet up to ride their bikes together after a few weeks. During the winter, it’s harder for them to simply go out due to the cold temperature.

 

Jihyo parked her car and put on her cap, hoodie, winter coat and a mask to hide her face. She then took the bikes out before jumping back inside her car to get some warmth while waiting for her boyfriend.

 

“Eo Jihyo-ya.” Jongkook picked the call up. “Oppa, eodiya?”

“Just around the corner, I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Okay.”

 

Jongkook walked towards Jihyo's car with his own disguise after his manager dropped him off, even though it’s still early and the area is thankfully empty. “Morning love.” He lowered his mask and landed a peck on her lips as she also had her own mask lowered, Jihyo grinned. “Good morning, oppa. Shall we go now?”

 

The meeting point with the other members is just a few minutes away to reach with their bikes. But of course Jongkook stopped as he realized the new bikes.

“What is this?” he asked Jihyo, pointing at the bikes. “I’ve got us new bikes, oppa. I told you I wanted to replace my bike, and yours also an old one so I decided to just buy two of it.”

 

The new bikes are the same model, just different in colors. Jongkook’s bike is dark blue with black tires while Jihyo’s bike is all black with some purple stripes. “You shouldn’t, Jihyo-ya. My own bike is still good enough to— yah! Eodiga!”

 

Jihyo laughed as she looked back. During his nag, Jihyo jumped on her bike and started biking away from him. “Come and get me if you want to nag because of the new bike, oppa!” she literally left him standing there with the bike. Jongkook chuckled lowly before he got on the bike to chase Jihyo whose already made some distance by speeding up. That woman…

 

Jihyo reached the meeting point where Seokjin, Donghoon, Kwangsoo, Somin and Sechan were already waiting. She got there only a few seconds earlier than Jongkook who had a late start.

 

“Yah, Cheon Sooyeon. I can’t believe you.” Jongkook said as he stopped right by Jihyo’s side.

“It’s early, why are you fighting already?” Donghoon complained, voicing the same exact thought from the others.

 

“Let me guess.” Kwangsoo put his hand up. “It’s because Jongkook hyeong’s new bike.”

Jihyo imitated the sound from the bell when they got the right answer at a quiz game. “Cheongdab! He’s nagging at me because of that.”

 

“You shouldn’t buy me one, Sooyeon-ah.” Jongkook complained again. “Where’s my old bike anyway?”

 

The last time he went on a bike ride with Jihyo, he left his bicycle with her because he had work to do after that. Now he regretted it because his bike is missing and replaced.

 

“Oppa, a simple thank you would be nice. It’s an old bike anyway.” Jihyo tried to guilt-trip him. “Yeah Jongkook oppa, Jihyo eonnie must’ve bought it with a good intention.” Somin helped.

“Geurom!” Jihyo chimed in right away.

 

“Let’s just go before anyone noticed us with your bickers.” Seokjin suggested. “Yeah hyeong, thank Jihyo noona for the surprise and let’s move on.” Sechan teased the blank-face tiger. “Arasseo, arasseo.” He pulled Jihyo by her arm carefully before he landed a kiss on her cheek (or her mask). “Thank you, love.”

 

“Auuuuh. Cringe.” Kwangsoo let out. “Kids, let’s go.” Seokjin said with a laugh, chuckling to himself before leading the group. Jongkook and Jihyo got together a couple years ago, and he made the bet with his fortune when they’re already together. But from the way that the stocks are dropping made him think that he’s paying for that stupid comment he made. But all is well because they’re both happy with each other, so Seokjin blame it on himself (and the foreigners weird moves).

 

 

 

January 13, 2020

 

“Is it a bicycle or what?” Seokjin asked, referring to the things Jihyo brought for the shoot. Jihyo tried to ignore him. “Can’t you pretend that you didn’t know, hyeong?” Donghoon asked. “He spoiled it again. He did it again.” Sechan joined in, making Seokjin flustered.

 

“Is it a bicycle for child?” Seokjin tried to correct himself. “How did you bring a bicycle…” he muttered again.

 

The Running Man members were asked to bring one meaningful thing they wanted to give, and one thing they couldn’t throw away but wouldn’t mind if someone else did. So basically, they had to bring one good thing and one bad thing.

 

Donghoon went to explain first. His meaningful gift is a machine that automatically pours you a shot, so you don’t feel bad when you’re drinking alone. The thing he couldn’t throw away is a decoration from his restaurant, a big cartoon of himself and Jongkook, which made everyone else but Kim Jongkook boo-ed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter