Special Episode (2)

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Special Episode

Part 2

 

 

“Jeon So-min, OUT. Jeon So-min, OUT. The thieves won, the thieves won. Running Man members, please gather by the lobby.”

 

“Yah! This isn’t fair for us!” Yoo Jae-suk led the protests as the jail-bound members walked to the ending set at the lobby. “How can you team them up for this? And the hints were really confusing too!” he went straight to the already laughing Main PD.

 

“Let me explain everything first.” Choi Bopil said to the angry members and they finally went to stand with the winners of today’s episode, Kim Jong-kook and Song Ji-hyo. “Today’s race winners are the top-secret files thieves, Kim Jong-kook and Song Ji-hyo.” the Main PD announced the obvious result first, triggering another round of protests from the losing members.

 

“The first and second hint that Yoo Jaesuk-ssi and Kim Jongkook-ssi got was recording of the thieves discussion with our Director Choi, the Director of Variety Show’s department in SBS.”

Jaesuk turned to Jongkook, braving the move to grab the singer’s collar. “Yah! Why do you have to go so far to the Director if you want to steal something.”

“Hyeong, just listen to the PD-nim first.” Jongkook peeled the nation’s MC’s hands off his collar.

 

“The thieves actually came to us first, and we suggested that they go to the Director about this idea before we can go along with it.” Bopil PD continued. “What’s so big about it that you have to go and talk to Director Choi, Jihyo-ya?” Donghoon went to the chuckling Jihyo this time. “Ah oppa, be patient and listen to PD-nim first, eo?” she used the same method to fight the members off.

 

“The third hint was the actual medical records of Song Jihyo-ssi, the one that Kim Jongkook-ssi, Haha-ssi and Song Jihyo-ssi herself saw at the restaurant after the card game.” The members turned to the smirking Jihyo. “Why the medical records though?” Seokjin asked.

 

“I will continue with the race’s explanation first, Seokjin-ssi.” *cue the Seokjin’s themed BGM*

“Ah I’m so curious! Please explain quickly, PD-nim!” Somin shouted her frustration. “The hints are mixed with fake ones as Kim Jongkook-ssi and Song Jihyo-ssi did their hidden missions before the last game.”

 

“What are the missions?”

“Wah, you two are unbeatable.”

“They succeed the hidden missions?”

 

“Yes, they succeed every one of them.” Bopil PD confirmed. “The hidden missions are: making heart signs to the cameras while other members are also in frame. They did it 5 times with every other members so they succeed in mixing fake hints here.”

 

“Yah! Unfair, this is so unfair!”

“Heart signs?”

 

Jongkook and Jihyo high-fived each other. “We did the first one during the opening, while everyone are busy teasing Seokjin hyeong’s outfit.” Jongkook elaborated. They really did, when Donghoon, Sechan and Seokjin teamed up to tackle the poor hyeong to the ground. The clip of it was hilarious as the two of them made a small heart signs, laughing at Seokjin being rolled down on the ground. “Yah!” Seokjin pointed angrily to the 3 rebellious dongsaengs that tackled him down that morning.

 

“Second one was when only Somin and Sechan were already on the bus, we did it twice.” Jihyo took the chance to explain the next one. Sechan gasped. “I was wondering why noona moved seats after that!” Sechan realized it. “Yeah, I was just sitting at the back so I can do the mission with Jongkook oppa.”

“I thought they were casually talking like usual before we start shooting.” Somin covered her face, they’re all being played by the strongest duo of Running Man all day.

 

“We did one in the restaurant before the card game, Jaesuk hyeong was in the middle of it when Jihyo won the second round.”

“But you were high-fiving her!” Jaesuk complained. “And making heart sign.” Jongkook added. “Wah, can you believe this punk?”

 

“What about me, when did you two do the heart sign with me on the frame?” Donghoon asked curiously. “After we saw the medical records, you’re walking ahead and I made a heart sign with Jihyo behind your back.”

“Argh! So frustrating!”

 

“And that’s how Kim Jongkook-ssi and Song Jihyo-ssi managed to succeed the hidden mission.” Bopil PD continued. “About the hints, we were surprised that everyone actually find most of the real hints, none of the fake hints were found.”

 

“What? That didn’t make sense though! I found a useless hint!” Jaesuk shouted. “Wait wait, what is the top-secret files then?” Seokjin voiced the most important point of everything. The thieves stole Running Man’s top-secret files, what were on the said files?

“Song Jihyo-ssi, you can take this.” Jongkook went to take the offered remote from the PD before passing it to Jihyo, the manner man. “Is everyone ready for this?”

 

 

 

 

2 weeks ago…

 

“The Director you said?” Jihyo’s eyes widened when Choi Bopil suggested them to meet Director Choi. “Yes, this is big, noona. I think we need the permission from the Director before anything.”

“Hey, let’s just go. She knew about this already, we only need to ask the permission to go with the way we want, right?”

 

“I guess so, oppa.” Jihyo worriedly squeezed back Jongkook’s hand. “I guess I was just nervous that this is really happening.” Jongkook chuckled to the actress. “We got this, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

When the two members and the main PD finished explaining everything to Director Choi, the Director stood up from her seat first before going to Jihyo to hug the actress. “I am so happy for you, Jihyo-ya.”

“Ah Director Choi, thank you so much.”

 

“You have my permission to go as you plan. What can I help?” the kind Director asked, sitting back on her seat. “PD-nim?” Jongkook turned to the Main PD and he went to explain the initial plan of the ‘thieves’.

 

 

 

 

“Is everyone ready for this?” Jihyo asked while holding the remote. “Mwonde, Jihyo-ya?” Jaesuk didn’t know why but this was making him nervous. The nervous energy radiated to the other members. “What are you two up to?” Seokjin also asked.

 

“PD-nim, can we have chairs over here?” the production team quickly distributed 7 chairs for the members. “Jihyo-ya, what’s really going on?” Jaesuk asked once again, this time, Jihyo smiled as she patted his shoulder.

 

“Just watch, oppa.” Jihyo pressed the play button and every eyes turned to the TV screen on their right.

 

(Video taken 5 days before the filming of the thieves’ episode…)

 

Jongkook laughed as the production team handed him an action camera to take. “Should we go this far?”

“It’s Jihyo-ssi’s request to do so.” Bopil also chuckled as the singer found it awkward to hold the camera by himself. “Arasseo. Let’s just go.”

 

Jongkook laughed as he walked toward his own car. “You installed cameras too inside my car?” he shook his head as he got in to the driver’s seat, putting down the action cam on the passenger seat. “Is this on already? I feel really awkward doing this by myself.” he chuckled. He’s not new to filming while driving, but he rarely do it alone as he had nothing to say.

 

“Here goes nothing.” He mumbled as he started driving. The video continued as he arrived somewhere…

 

“MWOYA? What… what?!” Ha Donghoon was the first one to notice the exact location where the Jongkook on the screen currently parking his car. “Ey, seolma…” Somin also recognised the parking lot.

 

Jongkook finished parking the car and he pulled his phone out, fiddling with it before putting the call on speaker. “Fellow thief!” Jihyo’s bubbly voice greeted.

“I’m down at the parking lot, are you ready for the mission, Jihyo-ya?”

“Ne ne! I’m walking to the elevator now, see you in 3 minutes.” The phone call ended.

 

“My comrade is joining me today. We’re going to steal the top-secret files from Running Man.” Jongkook said to the camera.

 

“Yah! Were you shooting some kind of action movie, Kookjong-a?” Jaesuk thought the line was such an annoying thing for Jongkook to say. “Wae hyeong? Jealous?” Jongkook replied childishly.

 

“Oh! Nae partner is here!” Jihyo took the passenger seat and instantly laughed as she made eye-contact with Jongkook. “This is really happening, huh, oppa?”

“Well, everything we need is being prepared right now. There’s no going back.”

 

Jihyo pursed her lips, showing her game-face to the camera. “Okay, let’s go.”

“Okay!” Jongkook replied excitedly.

 

The present Jihyo wanted to play a joke to the curious members so she paused the video.

“What?”

“Jihyo-ya!”

“We’re dying here, noona!” Jihyo laughed way harder than she laughed today, using Jongkook’s shoulder as her support as she doubled over. “Arasseo, arasseo, mian. I’ll play the video.”

 

The Jongkook and Jihyo on the screen started their journey, it was fast-forwarded until they stopped somewhere, most likely a red light. “Do you know how to turn the cameras off?” Jongkook suddenly asked.

“Geurom, but why?”

“We’re suspects, we shouldn’t show them where exactly are we going, Jihyo-ya.”

 

Jihyo giggled. “Alright, wave to the cameras oppa.”

“Why do I need to wave to the cameras?” he found the idea to be really cheesy and cringe-y. “Ah just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter