The Fever

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Fever

 

 

The 6 remaining original Running Man members had known each other since 2010, the youngest two had known each other and their seniors since 2017. What made the show more interesting to watch is how comfortable they are with each other and how thick and strong their chemistries are.

 

For Jongkook, those who knew him the best out of the members are between Haha (Ha Donghoon), Kwangsoo, and Jihyo—Sechan is still working his way in, but he’s getting there. Donghoon especially, he knew almost everything about Jongkook, what he likes and dislikes.

 

It was a day after the tiger’s birthday that they’re all gathered to film another episode of Running Man. Everyone made it on time to the set and had some peaceful conversation before the filming started.

 

“Jihyo-ya, how’s your drama shoot going?” Jaesuk, the one who always kept his attention for everyone’s work outside of the show, asked. “It has been tiring, oppa. I forgot how long it has been since my last one.” Jihyo smiled tiredly. Thanks to the virus, she hasn’t been as active with acting as she was before.

 

“Ah, take care of yourself, okay?” Jihyo was about to reply when her nose suddenly went tingly before she sneezed, elbow went up to cover the sneeze. “Too late, hyeong. She’s got a cold already.” Kwangsoo said, he noticed that Jihyo had been sneezing since she came and her nose is bright red.

 

“Is that why Jongkook hyeong is not here yet? Is he hiding outside?” Donghoon joked, finally bringing the missing tiger to the topic. “He went to change his clothes, oppa.” Jihyo waved the accusation away with her hand.

“5 dollars that he’s going to avoid Jihyo today, who’s up for the bet?” Trust the Mapo-Gu appa of three kids to start a silly bet.

 

“I’m in, make it 10 that Jongkook oppa will stand at least 3 people away from eonnie.” And the ever-so-enthusiast Somin bit the bait. “I’ll say the opposite, I think Jongkook hyeong will stick with noona.” Kwangsoo joined. “Are you sure you’re not dating him, noona? Jongkook hyeong had been extra possessive of you for weeks now.”

 

Jihyo chuckled. “Say it when the cameras are rolling, Kwangsoo-ya. That’s a variety show/entertainment material.”

 

The just turned 45 years old (46 in Korean age) singer entered the waiting room not a second after that. “Annyeonghaseyo. Ah I see everyone is here already.” Jongkook already came to the room earlier, occupied only by the maknaes trio, Jihyo and Donghoon. But his stylist called him to change his pants to the sponsored one. “Kookjong-a, you’re back with wearing black from head to toe.” Jaesuk teased.

 

“Wae-yo?” Jongkook asked, eyeing his own outfit for the day. “But my shoes are colorful enough to make up for everything.” He’s wearing a pair of neon green/black sneakers.

“It still has black on it, you stubborn man.”

 

“Yeoreobun, 5 minutes until stand-by.” One of the floor director called. “I’ll bring it up again during the opening.” Jaesuk revealed his plan up. “Bring it on, hyeong.”

 

Walking towards the opening location, Jongkook purposefully walked slower to match his steps with Jihyo. “Still having the dizzy spells?” Jongkook asked, sipping on his americano. “Eung, do I still look pale, oppa?” Jihyo asked, turning her face for Jongkook to observe.

 

Jongkook nodded. “Have a sip from my cup, Jihyo-ya. It’ll help you to look more alive.” He offered and Jihyo sipped the coffee happily.

 

Meanwhile, Kwangsoo, Donghoon and Somin were huddled together, watching Jihyo and Jongkook shared the same straw. “See? I’m going to win the bet.” Kwangsoo whispered. “I can’t believe my eyes, maybe they’re really dating behind our backs.” Donghoon narrowed his eyes. “I shouldn’t bet higher.” Somin mumbled.

 

They didn’t have any guests coming to the show today so the opening were full of jokes between the 8 members. “Jihyo-ya, are you still with us?” Jaesuk brought the attention to the mong-looking actress. “Ah ne oppa, I’m still here.” She replied, making the members chuckled.

 

“Our Jihyo is working on a new drama…” Jaesuk’s sudden announcement made the other members instantly clapped and congratulated Jihyo. “I was hoping to see more angry Jihyo like always, but she came looking like she hasn’t got any sleep.” Jaesuk continued.

 

Jihyo hid her face with one hand, her cheeks reddened. “I apologize yeoreobun.” She bowed a little, playing along with the teasing. “Ani, it seems like you caught a cold, Jihyo-ya. No need to apologize for it.” Jaesuk turned to Donghoon quickly. “He should be the one apologizing.”

 

“Wae wae? Why me?” Donghoon asked, puzzled. “What did he do?” Jongkook was lost about the reason.

 

“He made a bet that Kookjong will stay away from Jihyo because she has a cold.” Jaesuk revealed. “Ah really?” Jongkook laughed. “I’m standing beside Jihyo right now so who’s losing their money?”

 

The standing order was Kwangsoo — Sechan — Somin — Jaesuk — Seokjin — Jihyo — Jongkook — Haha, so besides Kwangsoo, Somin and Donghoon had more chances to lose their money on the silly bet. “It’s still going on, hyeong. But I have more chance to win this bet.” Kwangsoo raised his hand to give the explanation.

 

“Ah geure? Jihyo-ya, mianhae.” Jongkook patted Jihyo’s back before he walked away, squeezing himself between Kwangsoo and Sechan. “I’ll make sure no one wins anything.” Jongkook simply said, earning a loud complain from Kwangsoo and laughter from the members.

 

After the light jokes were thrown between the members, Choi Bopil explained the race’s theme as the main PD. With a quick race of wit game, the members are divided into two teams. Jaesuk, Donghoon, Somin and Sechan — Jongkook, Seokjin, Jihyo and Kwangsoo.

 

Closing the segment, Kwangsoo clapped his hands for the slate. “Jihyo-ya, you okay?” Jongkook held Jihyo’s arm while studying her face. “Noona, you’re looking paler than this morning.”

 

“I’m fine, we’re moving inside anyway. It’s the cold breeze that made my headache worsen.” Jihyo reassured. She can say anything but Jongkook will keep his eyes on her today. After all, it might be his fault that she caught a cold.

 

 

 

 

April 24, 2021

23.50

 

 

Jihyo had snuck a little 10x10 cm birthday cake in Jongkook’s fridge, hiding it behind his stock of side-dishes. All she had to do is bring the cake out exactly at midnight. Her only 4 months-long boyfriend was in the middle of watching some football match on TV, he’s too immersed on it.

 

Exactly at midnight, Jihyo took the cake out quickly and walked towards the sofa. “Saengil chukhahabnida, saengil chukhahabnida…” she sang, making Jongkook burst out laughing. “Saranghaneun Jongkook oppa… Saengil chukhahabnida!”

 

“Mwoya ige, Jihyo-ya?” He might hate the cheesy birthday song, but he couldn’t hide his smile. Jihyo looked so cute standing there with a little chocolate cake, wearing his sweater that’s too big for her and some random socks.

 

“Your birthday cake. I know you’re starting to enjoy chocolate cake these days so I decided to buy you one.” She took a seat beside him, placing the cake on the table. With a lighter, she lit the candle up. “Ja, make a wish oppa.”

 

“Jihyo-ya…” Jihyo shook her head. “Make. A. Wish.”

“Okay okay.” Jongkook quickly gave in. He wished to spend his birthday with Jihyo by his side for the rest of their lives, he also wished to be blessed with a baby sometime soon. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter