The Baby Monitor

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

- The Baby Monitor -

 

Kim Gapjin, Jongkook’s manager came with 2 iced americano for Jongkook and Donghoon, who were working on a new song in Jongkook’s home studio. “Gomabda, Gapjin-a.” Donghoon thanked the man sincerely, quickly sipping on the iced coffee. Jongkook also thanked the manager but his eyes were still glued to the monitor. Jongkook let out a big breath. “I don’t think we can finish it this month, Donghoon-a. It still feels like something is missing.”

 

They’re not really in a rush to finish the song, but they had been working for it for months now. “I agree hyeong, let’s just call some help next week. I’m out of ideas.” Donghoon laid his head back on the sofa, drained after working on it for hours. “Shorry is coming tomorrow, do you think you can make it?”

 

“I think so, but really late at night too.” Jongkook nodded, satisfied with the dongsaeng’s answer. “Geure, let’s just wrap the first part really quick.” Jongkook was about to enter the recording booth when his eyes caught movement from the baby monitor. His son, Kim Daeja, stirred in his sleep. “Aigo.” Donghoon also caught the 4 years old blinking his sleep away and sitting up on the bed he shared with his mother, Song Jihyo.

 

Jihyo is currently 4 months pregnant with Jongkook’s third child, another daughter is coming. From the baby monitor’s screen, Jongkook and Donghoon watched Daeja crawled to his little sister’s crib, 15 months old Kim Aera.

 

“Ani, don’t wake her up Daeja-ya.” Jongkook said, watching his playful son peeked at Aera. Even Donghoon held his breath, as a father who went through that phase too. Daeja didn’t really do anything other than staring at his sleeping little sister but Aera suddenly stirred before blinking her eyes. Jongkook sighed and counted to 5, Aera started crying at the count of 5.

 

“Daddy’s duty call, hyeong.” Donghoon said with a small smile. Jongkook stood up from his seat but Daeja’s words stopped him. “Sshh Aera-ya, gwenchana. Don’t cry.”

Gapjin chuckled from behind the older brothers. “I told you, hyeong. Daeja is a reliable 4 years old.”

 

Even Jongkook is surprised by his son. When did he learn to calm his sister down? Jongkook, Donghoon and Gapjin watched as Daeja started softly patting Aera’s little hand and wiping her tears away.

“Eomma is really tired, Aera-ya. Gwenchana, oppa is here.”

 

“Yah, who taught him that?” Jongkook chuckled, proud at his own son’s wise act. “Wah, I think he can even baby-sit Aera now, hyeong.” Donghoon was also somewhat proud of Daeja. Dream was much older when Soul came so Donghoon saw this kind of thing for the first time too.

 

The men were astonished with Daeja that they didn’t see that Jihyo stirred in her sleep, waking up because of Aera’s cries, even as Daeja managed to calm Aera down by a lot. “Daeja-ya? Why are you up?” Jihyo immediately went to her son. “Aera is crying eomma.” Daeja said to his mother.

 

“Gwenchana, Daeja-ya. Aera is just a little hungry.” Jihyo went to warm Aera’s bottle of milk, leaving Daeja to watch over Aera for a little bit more. In no time, Jihyo walked back and scooped Aera up from the baby crib.

 

“Daeja-ya, come here.” Jihyo called and Daeja crawled near Jihyo who was cradling Aera and feeding her with a bottle. “Do you remember the song I taught you?”

 

Jongkook raised his eyebrows. “He can sing, hyeong?”

“I’m not aware of that either, Donghoon-a.” Jongkook answered honestly. He spent a lot of time with his little family during his day off, but he never heard Daeja sing before.

 

“Ne!” Daeja replied excitedly, causing Jihyo to chuckle before shushing him so he won’t scare Aera. “Can you sing it for your sister? You sounded a lot better than eomma.” Jihyo said to Daeja who quickly nod.

 

As Daeja started singing the chorus of Jongkook’s song ‘My Heart is Love’, Jongkook’s smile grew. “Hyeong, I’m about to cry.” Donghoon mumbled from beside the really proud appa. “Nado.” Was only Jongkook’s response.

 

“He’s really your son, hyeong. He can debut right away with that voice of him.” Gapjin also felt touched with Daeja’s soft voice as he sang to his sister. “Ah, neomu jalhanda, Daeja-ya.” Jihyo praised Daeja quietly as Aera went back to sleep in the middle of Daeja’s singing.

 

“Gomawo, eomma.” Daeja grinned. “But where’s appa?” he asked, finally realizing that his father is not there. “Appa is downstair, Daeja-ya. He’s working.” Jihyo explained to the frowning Daeja. “Can I go to appa?”

 

Jongkook turned to Donghoon and Gapjin slowly. “I think we have to postpone the recording again.” Donghoon nodded, picking up the coffee. “Go, hyeong. We can work tomorrow with Shorry.”

Gapjin also gathered his sling bag as he stood up. “Great work today hyeong.” He bowed slightly.

 

“Geure, have a safe drive back home, you two.” Jongkook didn’t even see them off as he walked upstairs to the bedroom. Quietly, he opened the door to see Jihyo, Aera and Daeja still at the same position he saw earlier from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter