Their Secret Hideaway (2)

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their Secret Hideaway

Part 2

Kim Jong Kook woke up, holding to something warm. When he finally opened his eyes, he realized it wasn’t just something, it was someone. Song Ji Hyo is sleeping soundly on his bed, using his right upper-arm as her personal pillow that Jongkook can’t feel the blood circulating right there. He won’t lie and say that this isn’t nice because it is.

He didn’t realize how much he craves warmth like this, even though he can’t even define what’s currently happening right now. Last night, he agreed to stay with Jihyo and sleep on the same bed because he actually didn’t think much of it. She was always such a comfortable zone for him though. The first few months when they started filming Running Man, he’d admit that he was too embarrassed to even try to get close to her.

She’s such a brave girl back in the days though, she never backed down on any challenges the show brought to her, even when she’s the only girl in the show and the guys obviously has advantage over her. Over the years, they've grown closer, as expected for a group of people who spend almost every Monday together, for years.

And over those years, she used his shoulder and chest as a pillow, sometimes his lap too. Her love for her naps is beyond the world. She fell asleep as easy a new-born baby, no matter where she is. On the plane, during the breaks, during car-rides to another shoot location, basically everywhere. But this—this was different.

It’s his bed and it was more intimate than they ever did before. He couldn’t help but blush at the thought. In the middle of him admiring her peaceful, sleeping face—she stirred in her sleep. Her eyebrows furrowed like when she’s confused, he didn’t know what she’s dreaming about but he immediately try to sooth whatever it is. “Sshhh, sshhh…” and it worked.

15 minutes. He gave himself 15 minutes to admire her innocent, bare, beautiful face. Something stirred inside him, something he tried to keep down for God knows how long now. The only thing he know now is how much he wanted to protect her. From the world, the media and people’s scrutinizing eyes (which stressed her for years), her mom, and her own mind. It’s time for him to step up, no more backing down from now on.

 

Jongkook helped Jihyo with his big, navy green winter coat. “Is this okay?” he asked, the girl nodded. “I must’ve looked ridiculous but this is nice. Warm and smells like you, oppa.” She probably said it without thinking but Jongkook’s heart fluttered. She looks cute in his eyes though, not ridiculous.

Jongkook saw Gapjin’s knowing smile and he glared at his manager. “Whatever you want to say, keep it.” Jongkook threatened playfully, or is he?

“Ne, hyeong. Shall we go now?” he tried to distract the singer.

“Wear this.” Jongkook put the black cap on Jihyo’s head before they leave. “Gapjin-a, I’ll sit at the back today.” He informed before entering the car after Jihyo. He usually sat in front with Gapjin, but Jihyo is with them so he opted to sit with her.

The three of them conversed about the cold weather and the supposedly coming snow until Jihyo gasped. “Oppa, did I leave my phone at the hideaway last night?” she finally remembered that she didn’t have her phone with her all night.

“I don’t know, did you?” he honestly has no idea too. “I must’ve left it at the room.” She scratched her head, frustrated with herself. Jongkook chuckled. “We’ll get them after this. Wae? Do you need to call someone?”

Before she can answer, Jongkook’s phone rang. Seongmoon.

“Here, you answer it.” He handed his phone to the confused actress. “What should I say?”

He shrugged. “You can lie or you can tell him the truth, I’m fine with anything.”

Jihyo contemplated before picking the call, putting it on speaker phone.

“Yeoboseyo Hyeong-nim.” Seongmoon greeted.

“Songmoon-a, it’s me.”

“Noona???” he must’ve been looking for her. “Where the hell are you????” bingo.

“I’m still in Seoul, don’t worry. Who else did you call, Seongmoon-a?”

“Jongkook hyeong is the first person I call. But where are you, really?”

He called Jongkook too when she went drinking alone after the scandal of the both of them being kicked out from Running Man surfaced. “Good good, don’t tell anyone that I’m with Jongkook oppa.”

Seongmoon groaned and Jongkook chuckled. “Appa asked about you this morning before I left the house.” Jihyo sighed. “Text him that I’m out of town for a sudden schedule Seongmoon-a, I don’t have my phone with me right now.”

Seongmoon was silent for a few seconds before agreeing. “Don’t run away from eomma for too long, noona. Think about appa too.” He’s the wise one out of them two.

“Arasseo, I will keep that in mind.” Jihyo said before saying bye to her brother. “Well that was easy, if that was my older brother, I will tell on him.” Jongkook joked. “More like your brother will tell on you, oppa. Don’t even think I’d believe you.” Jihyo joked back.

They arrived at the music studio not more than 20 minutes later. Jihyo happily explored the place when they got there. Jongkook introduced her to the producer, who owned the studio and focused on his work. Jihyo talked to Gapjin who’s more relaxed now, not as flustered as he was when they’re still at Jongkook’s apartment.

When it was lunch time, the producer left to have a lunch out, leaving Jongkook, Jihyo and Gapjin who decided to stay and have some delivery food. “What do you want to eat, Jihyo-ya?”

“Um… naengmyeon?” Jongkook laughed. “Okay.”

The three of them comfortably conversed while waiting for the food.

“Gapjin-a, I have a day-off tomorrow right?” Jongkook checked. “Ne hyeong, you’re right.”

“You can leave after we’re done here, I’ll take the car.” The manager nodded. “We need to get your phone after this so I will have to ask the others before we go.” Right, it’s weird if they showed up together at the hideaway. “I can get some clothes too oppa, since my car is still parked there.”

She didn't know how long Jongkook will let her stay with him but she'll go with whatever plan he has now.

 

Someone walked through the basement parking lot while trying to keep their hands warm inside the winter coat’s pocket. He stopped for a second when he saw a familiar white car parked not too far from the basement entrance. He chuckled, what is she doing here so early? It’s 3 p.m but Jihyo usually went to the hideaway when it’s dark outside.

When he reached the unit, he called for the car’s owner but no one is there. “Eo? Was I wrong about the car?” he will need to check on the car’s plate number later, but he could swore that it was Jihyo’s car he saw before he went up.

30 minutes later when he left the hideaway, he stood in front of the white car. It’s definitely Jihyo’s but where is she? He took out his phone and opened the chat room with 3 other dongsaengs he usually nagged on.

Ha Dong Hoon : Is Jihyo with any of you? Where are you?

Jeon So Min : no oppa, I’m with my parents

Lee Kwang Soo : I’m in Incheon for a shoot hyeong, wae?

Ha Dong Hoon : Sechan, reply faster

Yang Se Chan : I’m getting ready for a shoot at KBS hyeong and I haven’t seen Jihyo noona since our last shoot

Ha Dong Hoon : so weird. her car is parked at the hideaway’s basement

Yang Se Chan : maybe she stepped by and forgot about it hyeong

Lee Kwang Soo : Jongkook hyeong just called asking where am I, should I ask him too?

Ha Dong Hoon : he asked you too???

Jeon So Min : well this is weird because he asked me too a few minutes ago

Yang Se Chan : I was just on the phone with Jongkook hyeong too

Ha Dong Hoon : they’re up to something. I have a feeling about this

Lee Kwang Soo : eyyy hyeong

Jeon So Min : I second that, Donghoon oppa. Jongkook oppa sounded just checking on us for something

Ha Dong Hoon : I’d stay and stake here but I need to pick Dream and Soul

Yang Se Chan : the life of appa of three

Ha Dong Hoon : let’s meet up later at night guys, don’t say anything at the main chat room

Lee Kwang Soo : I’m curious now so deal

Ha Dong Hoon : Sechan-a, Somin-a????

Jeon So Min : deal oppa

Yang Se Chan : I can’t say no to gossip night

 

“Donghoon is with Soul and Dream, Kwangsoo had a shoot, Sechan is at KBS, Somin is at her parents' house. That means we’re good to go.” Jongkook said before he started driving his car through the light Seoul’s traffic. “Oppa, I apologize for making you babysit me like this.” Jihyo apologized.

“Aniya, what are you saying Jihyo-ya? You’d do the same thing if it was me or anyone else from the group.” He said it sincerely, she really is a selfless girl when it comes to the people she’s close with. It was 5 p.m. and they have some time before dinner so they planned to spend it at the hideaway, since everyone else are busy.

When they got to the unit, Jihyo looked for her phone. “Found it!” she frowned when she realized that it’s off, probably ran out of battery. “But it’s dead.” Jongkook laughed. “Charge it later in my car, Jihyo-ya.”

Jongkook browsed something on his phone before calling for her. “Jihyo-ya, come here. Pick one.” Jihyo jogged to the living room and sat herself down beside him, peering to see what’s on the phone’s screen. “Mwonde?”

It was a list of restaurants around Seoul. Jihyo frowned. “We could be spotted, oppa.”

Jongkook shook his head. “These restaurants are private, no worries.”

“Really? It has been a long time since I eat out.” She said excitedly. “Me too.” He agreed. “Ppali, pick one. I need to call them first.”

Jihyo picked one in a really tall building, over-viewing the city. Jongkook was going to pick that one too if she can’t choose. “Okay. Do you want to change int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter