The Girlfriend’s Opinion

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Girlfriend’s Opinion

 

 

“What did you say, oppa?” Jihyo has just arrived at her apartment and found Jongkook already lounging at the living room, watching some soccer match. She went to wash-up first after a full day of filming the new drama before she went out to cook something for their dinner. Jongkook stayed on the living room’s sofa and brought up the topic, out of nowhere.

“Youtube, I’m starting my own channel soon.”

 

She heard his thoughts before about starting his own youtube channel, because of his hyeong and dongsaengs who had fun making youtube videos, encouraging him to start one too. Jongkook wasn’t and never had been shy about his obsession with the gym, in fact, everyone can catch a glimpse of it on different shows that he’s in, or when he felt like posting something for the social media. The whole country, even the international fans were well aware of his love of working out.

 

“What are you going to do there?” It wasn’t the garlic’s fault but Jihyo chopped them into tiny pieces, someone could mistake them as blended garlic, not chopped ones. Jongkook would’ve made an excellent detective if he’s not a singer and entertainer, from Jihyo’s question, he knew that she’s getting a bit angry about him starting a youtube channel of his own. Not just from her tone, Jongkook could tell from how hard the knife’s sharp edge hitting the cutting board. He turned off the TV and walked to join Jihyo preparing dinner in her kitchen.

 

“Just some working out tips, meal tips, you know… what I know and do for all of these years at the gym.” Jongkook wanted to see more reactions so he answered vaguely. “And you’ll do it at the gym? As you work out?” Jihyo didn’t meet his eyes, focusing on the poor garlic.

 

“Jihyo-ya, the garlic didn’t do anything to you.” He flinched when she put down the knife and sighed—he did it, he got her reaction out. “Just don’t take off your shirt in front of the cameras, oppa.” She moved skillfully around the kitchen to prepare the vegetables and chicken now, she’s making a simple chicken soup for their dinner.

 

“But you know I sometimes took them off because it’s too hot.” Jihyo ceased all movements from rinsing some veggies before turning her head sideways to face the surprised Jongkook. “Fine. Do what you want, oppa.”

He laughed, a genuinely entertained laugh. He circled his arms around Jihyo’s waist, hunching a little to rest his chin on her left shoulder, giving her a warm backhug. “You and the others always lift my shirt during the concert, babe. What’s the difference?”

 

Jihyo turned the water tap off, turning around in his arms. “Are you really going to show off your body for your videos?” she pouted and his playful eyes softened. She really is the cutest. “Just for a small portion of the video, I promise.”

“Promise?” she held her pinky up for him to take. He circled his larger pinky and stamping the promise, thumb-bumping with her. “Promise.”

 

“Alright. Get out of my kitchen, I need to cook for dinner.” She pushed him out of the way, a smile already decorating her face. Jongkook laughed, making his way back to the living room and turning the TV back on. He glanced a few times to check on his girlfriend, she seemed to be really over the matter of his upcoming youtube channel.

 

He decided to more after 10 minutes of comfortable silence. He loves seeing her flustered and annoyed.

 

“Jihyo-ya.” He called out.

“Eung oppa.”

 

Jihyo put the vegetables in when the chicken is half-cooked, so they won’t get too soggy. She washed her hands clean and walked to join Jongkook on the sofa, naturally wrapping her arms around his torso.

 

“Since I’m still working on different ideas for my youtube channel…” he trailed. “I think people are really curious about what the hell did you do on the gym, oppa. Don’t worry, they’ll love any kind of tips you can give out.”

 

Jongkook shook his head. “I hope so since people around me really came to me for work-out tips a lot of times before, but I kind of need your opinion, or more like permission about something.”

Jihyo pulled away slightly from his embrace, her face showing her surprise. “Me? I know nothing about youtube’s content, oppa. I’m just a really good supporter and viewer.” She had fun watching their friends’ videos on youtube, but she has no idea how it works.

 

“Me neither, love. I’m as clueless as you, but m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter