The Queen’s Move

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n :This is a pure fan-made fiction, this story is not based on any of Running Man’s real episode.

 

The Queen’s Move

 

The Running Man casts were gathered at the waiting room on a Monday morning. The maknaes trio were sitting together in one sofa, laughing together at God knows what. Donghoon was busy with his phone, Jongkook too, as they sat on the sofa across the maknaes. Jaesuk was reading something, most probably another script for his endless work. Seokjin was reading something on his phone while getting his hair done. Jihyo, the last member to arrive immediately went to the sofa at the corner, away from the noises.

 

10 minutes later, Jaesuk looked around the room to find that not even one of the PDs in sight, meaning the members still have to wait for the production crew. “Do we have guests today?” he asked to no one in particular. Only the maknaes trio turned their heads. “Maybe hyeong, the PDs are pretty busy outside.” Kwangsoo replied.

 

Another 10 minutes later, an assistant PD finally call them to the opening location. Their microphones were set as soon as they came individually so everyone is ready to work. “Members, you can all enter from this side and we can start the opening.” Bopil instructed and they walked from the left side of the set to their designated spots.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” The members greeted each other and the staffs as they walked. “Kwangsoo-ya, I think you need a new pair of jeans.” Jaesuk teased Kwangsoo’s ripped jeans for the start.

 

“I know someone would say something about it.” Sechan laughed. “When Kwangsoo oppa entered the waiting room, we let it slide to now.” Somin said to the camera. “Did you fight a dog on your way here, Kwangsoo-ya?” Jongkook added gas to the already burning fire.

 

Kwangsoo smiled bitterly to the members. “When I came 30 minutes ago, nobody said anything. I shouldn’t get my hopes up that no one would tease my fashion sense.” The members chuckled at the frustrated actor. “Because it’s too much, Kwangsoo-ya. Did you rip it yourself?” Jaesuk continued to make fun.

 

“Of course not, hyeong! Why would I rip it myself? I bought it like this!” Kwangsoo exploded. “Geure? Did you ask for 50% discount for the missing parts?” Jaesuk asked him in a calm voice which made Kwangsoo more frustrated.

“Is it a way for you to save more money?” Donghoon joined in.

“You shouldn’t live like that, Kwangsoo-ya.” Jongkook too.

“I really hope he spends more to buy a decent pair of jeans.” Somin happily chimed.

 

“I didn’t buy this to save money!” Kwangsoo screamed to the members, who burst out laughing at his explosive response. The writers on the floor flipped a paper containing a subject for them to talk about. “Ah, I saw that video.” Donghoon admitted. “He’s the tiktok ajeossi.” Kwangsoo joined in, happy that the subject is changed.

 

“He’s doing so well though.” Jongkook said. The video they meant was the one posted by Seokjin on an app that went viral. “But he looked like he’s doing the appa challenge.” Jaesuk can’t help but throw a playful insult there.

 

“Geure, say what you want. Now that we’re talking about it here, people can see and the number will raise more.” Seokjin said, always the one looking for more opportunities. Jihyo only shook her head and chuckling to herself on how the members now started to tease the oldest member more.

 

“Anyway, what are we doing today?” Jaesuk asked to Bopil PD.

“Before we start, we have guests today. Guests, please come in.”

 

The entrance of 6 male actors surprised the members. Not just any male actors, all of them were once Song Jihyo’s co-star in dramas and movies. Son Hojun and Kim Minjoon from her latest drama called ‘Was It Love?’, Kim Mooyeol from ‘Intruder’, Choi Jinhyeok from ‘Emergency Couple’, Jo Insung from ‘A Frozen Flower’, and last but not least, Ma Dongseok from ‘Unstoppable’.

 

The members welcomed the guests in awe but also looking very surprised. “Hyeong, you didn’t tell me you’re going to come!” Kwangsoo is a good dongsaeng of Insung but his answer cracked everyone up. “Do we know each other?”

 

“Insung-a, gomabda!” Jaesuk thanked him for making Kwangsoo embarrassed, that was his job and he’s happy someone voluntarily joined in. Jennie from Blackpink also did that when she visited the show with the rest of Blackpink members.

 

“What is this PD-nim? Is it Jihyo noona’s special episode?” Sechan asked Bopil PD, the other members echoed his question. “Today’s race is called ‘Ice Queen: Protect Your Queen’, today’s team captains are Song Jihyo-ssi and Jeon Somin-ssi.” Bopil PD explained first.

 

“Instead of picking your teams, we already assigned it. Jeon Somin-ssi will be the Queen of the members and Song Jihyo-ssi will be the Queen of the guests.” Bopil continued. “Ayeee I don’t want her as my queen!” Donghoon spoke up, earning a round of laughter from everyone.

 

“I’m sorry PD-nim, but aren’t my team is at disadvantage since the members are used to games better than the guests?” Jihyo asked. “In each round, the winning team will have a chance to exchange the players up to 2 people. It is entirely up to the Queen to keep the team as it is or exchange players from the loosing team.” Bopil answered her question clearly.

 

“Ah arasseo, I get it now.” Jihyo nodded to the PD. “We should let the guests introduce themselves first to our viewers.” Jaesuk took the lead to start the mini-interview for the guests. What’s written on his cue card was he should let the guests introduce themselves before asking them how they feel when they worked with Jihyo.

 

Son Hojun started first. “Jihyo noona is incredibly talented and a fun person to have on the set.” He explained when Jaesuk asked.

 

“Hojun-a, isn’t that too machine-like answer?” Jaesuk teased. They moved on to Kim Minjoon who acted on the same drama as Hojun. “She’s fun when she’s not dozing off to sleep, I didn’t believe the rumors about her falling asleep easily until I saw it myself.” Minjoon revealed.

 

“She’s like that here too, sleeping during breaks.” Kwangsoo teased Jihyo who shoved him lightly from the side. “Now I am curious how Dongseok hyeong-nim thinks about our Mong Jihyo.” Jaesuk moved to the next guest.

 

“Jihyo-ssi is an incredible actress, she’s done a lot of dangerous stunts too for our movie and I’m grateful for her dedication.” Dongseok answered with a smile. “Sunbaenim, thank you. It’s an honor to hear that from you.” Jihyo thanked him with a smile. “Aaah our Mong Jihyo is a really great actress, I have to agree with that.” Jaesuk said, the members echoed his statement.

 

“Dongseok hyeong-nim, we have our Jongkook as the Mr. Capable in the show. Do you think you can beat him on games, here?” Jaesuk switched the attention to the still in awe singer. “Kapjjagi, hyeong?” Jongkook is surprised with the change of topic.

 

“Ah hmm about Jongkook-ssi… I think I’m confident to be able to beat him, I learned a few tricks here and there on the set.” Dongseok answered, making the members laughed. “Jongkook hyeong is nervous!!” Sechan screamed in joy. “It has been a long time since we saw Jongkook hyeong is nervous with a guest.” Kwangsoo added.

 

“I can’t wait to see Jongkook facing Dongseok hyeong-nim later. Now Kim Muyeol-ssi, I have an apology to make for saying the wrong name in our show before.” Jaesuk bowed to the already laughing author. “Jihyo noona sent me a clip of it and no worries, Jaesuk hyeong. I held no grudges towards you hyeong, it was a funny slip of tongue.”

 

The members teased Jaesuk for the past mistake before they let him continue with the guests. “Now we have Choi Jinhyeok-ssi here.” The others clapped, welcoming the actor to the show. “Jinhyeok-ssi, how was it when you worked with Jihyo-ssi?”

 

“Noona is just like what everybody said before, she’s kind and considerate, she took a great care of everyone on the set. While she’s awake at least.” He also didn’t miss the chance to tease the embarrassed actress. “Her reputation of loving her naps is not something we made up.” Seokjin said to worsen Jihyo’s blush.

 

“Bopil PD, is this a special episode for my previous co-stars to emphasize my sleeping pattern?” Jihyo said it to be funny and everyone laughed including the staffs present on the set.

 

“Let’s move on to the king of not-appearing-in-any-TV-show, Jo Insung!” that earned a loud cheer from the members, even the other guests too. “I was so surprised to see Insung hyeong-nim here too.” Hojun said. “Insung-a, what took you so long?” Jaesuk asked directly.

 

“Well, I don’t have an excuse but I know most of everyone here so I thought I’d give it a chance to come today.” He said cooly, making the male members laughed at the way he tried to look cool by posing at the end of his sentence. He succeed though and no one can really say otherwise. “Jihyo is also a good friend of mine, when I heard she’s going to be the queen today, I agreed to come and serve her as the queen once again.” He continued, everyone burst out laughing once again at the double-meaning of that. Jihyo covered her reddened face with both hands.

 

“Okay everyone, let’s move to the first game’s location. I will explain more about the race today before the first game. Please change into the team uniform first.” Bopil PD directed and everyone walked out of the frame.

 

 

 

Jongkook waited outside of the changing room until Jihyo finished changing and took her arm, surprising the woman. “Ah oppa, you surprised me. Waeyo?” Jihyo complained.

“Did you know something about the guests today?”

 

Here we go again with the over-protective boyfriend mode. “Aniya oppa, I didn’t know beforehand. I was just as surprised as everyone.” Jihyo denied quickly. “Are you sure?” he asked again, still sulky of the current condition. He knew this is work, but he can still be a little moody about it in front of her.

 

“It’s not like I’m the one who invited them oppa, how can I? I barely talk to any of them.” She’s right about that, she hasn’t been in contact with any of them for a while now. “Okay, just making sure.” He’s incredible, they fought last night and he left her house after dinner. Now he’s accusing her of knowing the shoot’s plan today? Without even saying anything about their cold-war? He drove her crazy.

 

 

 

Jihyo and Somin’s sweaters were pink but the male members and guests had blue sweaters on. Jihyo’s team had white arm-bands while the Running Man members had black arm-bands. “Okay everyone, I will explain the race’s rules today. As everyone know, Jihyo-ssi and Somin-ssi are the team captains today. Every team will have to win R coins for their Queen by winning the game, the Queen will have the ultimate decision to distribute the coins after every game.” Bopil PD started explaining.

 

“Eyyyyy Somin-a will take everything then.” Sechan complained right away.

“We have a swindler for a Queen today.” Kwangsoo said with a bitter smile, staring at a laughing Somin. “She’s not going to be wise about it.” Donghoon too, complained loudly.

 

“I’m not going to win her any R coins today, we’re going down together.” Jongkook said, crossing his arms playfully. “Viewers, you will see Running Man members ruining today’s game, it’s been a long time but we will try to make it funny for everyone to watch.” Kwangsoo said to the camera and the male members agreed with him.

 

“Ja, yeoreobun. I will be dividing the coins according to everyone’s performance today. I promise to be considerate of everyone’s effort...” Somin tried to defend herself but Jaesuk cut her off. “Geumanhe Somin-a, we’ve known you for years now.”

 

“You’re not going to be like her right, noona?” Hojun asked Jihyo innocently and Jihyo laughed. “She’s worse than me, Hojun-a.”

 

“If you switch me to that team, I will declare war with you, Jihyo-ya.” Insung threatened. “Wouldn’t you like to be on Kwangsoo’s team, oppa?” Jihyo teased. “No way, he’s crazy here.”

 

“Right right, I will keep that in mind, oppa. Don’t worry.” Jihyo re-assured, patting his shoulder comfortably.

“I’m not sure about Jeon Somin-ssi but I think it will be stressful to be on her team.” Dongseok said, the guests agreed with him, chuckling lowly. Jihyo laughed, already knew today will be fun with the guests enjoying and laughing at the endless bickering of Running Man members.

 

“Excuse me, Jihyo-ssi. Are you having fun there? You’re laughing with them while we’re fighting with the frog-love Queen here.” Jaesuk teased from his spot across the room. “Ah ne oppa, I’m having fun right here.” Her response made Jongkook wanted to finish the day as soon as he can.

 

“The person with the least R coins from each team at the end of the race will receive a punishment together so it’s better for everyone to work for the Queen’s favor to earn the R coins.” Bopil continued. “The two Queens can save some coins to give out later anytime during the race to deserving members, as I explained before: it is entirely up to the Queens to distribute the R coins.”

 

“Are we exempted from the punishment if we give out all of the coins or do we need some for ourselves?” Jihyo raised her hand to ask. “Only the loosing team’s Queen will receive punishment so the R coins you have won’t be the determining point.”

 

“Somin-a, get ready to be punished today.” Kwangsoo warned playfully. “Eung oppa, I’ll make sure you’re going down with me too.” She retorted back.

 

“The first game is called Confusing Title, we will play 6 movies all at once and everyone can guess the movie title at anytime. Every right answer will earn the team 2 R coins, a bonus of 5 R coins will be given to a team who answered 4 or more in each round.” Bopil explained. “Okay, we got this, guys.” Jihyo said confidently to her team. Everyone on her team are actors so they had the advantage.

 

The game started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter