Sleeping Beauty

The Sparta and The Ace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sleeping Beauty

 

 

2011

 

“Where’s Jihyo?” Jaesuk asked the two actors who were with her during the break. “Noona is in her car hyeong.” Kwangsoo answered first. “And before you ask, she’s fast asleep.” Joongki finished.

 

The other hyeongs only chuckled and shook their heads a little. That was so typical of Jihyo, to sleep whenever she got the time. “Okay, let her be, we still have some time before the last segment.” Jaesuk patted the two youngest guys in the back. Kwangsoo knew the cameras aren’t rolling, but he can’t hold his wit back.

“We’re letting her sleep, hyeong. That’s why we’re here, not in her car where she’s sleeping soundly.”

 

While Jaesuk and Kwangsoo started joking around just the two of them, Seokjin asked Joongki. “Didn’t she had a cup of hot coffee earlier?” the production staffs provided coffees for the cast members, since 3-4 a.m. is always the struggling-to-stay-awake time for literally everyone.

 

“She did, hyeong.” Joongki nodded. “But she then leaned back and fell asleep in seconds after finishing her cup of coffee.” Joongki continued.

“Wah, it should be considered as a talent.” Donghoon chipped in, they’ve been working on the same show for months but Jihyo’s ability to sleep literally everywhere and any time still amazed him.

 

“I knew from when she guested in Family Outing, she really loves her nap time.” Jongkook too, added what he knew about the actress. “Insung hyeong said she’s exactly like that too in drama set.” Kwangsoo finally joining back after he’s done joking around with Jaesuk.

 

“The PDs might add it to her character, Sleepy Jihyo.” Jaesuk actually heard it directly from the PDs of Running Man when they’re discussing Jihyo’s one-of-a-kind charm. “I heard the same thing.” Jongkook chuckled.

 

“Isn’t she so charming though?” Gary, who was watching the conversation from the side, finally joined in. “Yah, you’re really crushing on her, Gary-ya?” the old fossil Seokjin scolded playfully.

“Ani, I just think it’s amazing that she can jump right back in soon after waking up, hyeong.” Gary defended himself with an outraged expression.

 

“I think Jihyo noona is really charming too. She always made it looks like she wasn’t just sleeping seconds before takes.” Joongki, agreed wholeheartedly with Gary. “Yah yah yah, don’t make her uncomfortable by crushing on her. If I read her right, she’s not the kind of person who’d like to be burdened with mixing personal thing with work.” Jaesuk, the always wise hyeong, warned.

 

“She’s really pretty though.” Kwangsoo mumbled on the side. “I second that.” Joongki too, added.

“Yah…” Jaesuk sighed, but actually agreeing that the actress is really pretty, beautiful might be the right word to describe her.

 

“Stand-by for the last segment in 10 minutes!” the main PD announced with a megaphone. “Can someone wake Song Jihyo-ssi up?”

One of the writers volunteered to fetch the actress who’s taking a nap in her car. Less than 3 minutes later, Jihyo walked to where the guys were gathered. One hand fixing her hair, another one rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

 

“Oppa, where do we start?” Jihyo asked to no one in particular. Jaesuk stepped in to answer. “Just right outside the gate, Jihyo-ya. Did you sleep well?”

“Ah yes, oppa.” She smiled sheepishly.

 

No one said another thing about Jihyo and her unique charm, but they’re all silently agreed that she looks beautiful even when they’re filming for hours already and she just took a nap.

 

 

 

 

 

2017

 

“Is Jihyo noona asleep right there?” Sechan softly asked Kwangsoo who was sitting on his left. They’re currently on a bus with the rest of Running Man cast members on their way to the next shoot’s location. “Yes, have you watched the show before, Sechan-a?” Kwangsoo teased.

 

Sechan meekly nodded, eyes still fixed to the actress who was struggling to sit up-right when she’s asleep. “Of course, but I thought that’s just Jihyo’s noona made-up character for the show.” Sechan replied, still confused because no one seems to be surprised about someone who’s sleeping during work.

 

“No way, I even heard from her younger siblings that Jihyo noona can sleep for 48 hours long, Sechan-a.” Kwangsoo chuckled. “We’re all used to it by now, the production team too.” He continued.

 

“Wah, that’s just amazing.” Sechan followed with a small chuckle. “I’m just jealous that eonnie didn’t get bloated face after her nap, though.” Somin, seated on Kwangsoo’s left, said with a smile.

“Oh she does, but only in the morning.” Kwangsoo revealed.

 

“Or when she ate ramyeon before.” Jongkook too, revealed the fact to the newest members. “Cut it off, guys.” Jaesuk shushed them, especially Kwangsoo and Jongkook, who looked like they’re having fun teasing the defenceless, sleeping Jihyo.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter