Two hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You couldn't get the new neighbour out of your head. He was on your mind for practically the entire day. It was dumb because you only got to know him yesterday but the feeling was very strong. The feeling of wanting to see him, the feeling of wanting to talk to him and the feeling of wanting to know more than just his name. 

You sigh.

You know you shouldn't be like that especially when you already have Sehun. Yet, you still couldn't get rid of that feeling.

You shake your head, eyes switching back to your word document. You should be focusing on your school project right now.

That's right.

The clock strikes two and you were finally done with the research part of your project. Luckily, you were given the day off due to the absence of your lecturer. You could finally take the rest of the time to relax and catch a nap. 

Just as you felt your eyes closing, you could faintly hear a few knocks from your door. You quickly stands up, mind recalling on whether you ordered anything online since you thought it was a parcel delivery. 

You open the door and to your surprise, the man who stood by the other side, was the same person whom you have been thinking all day long. 

Obviously, the man himself wouldn't know about that. 

"Hey." Baekhyun smiles, his hands still holding on to his phone. "Am I disturbing you?" He asks, eyes scanning through your messy table with all the research papers.

You quickly shakes your head, blocking his view. You regretted not packing up as soon as you were done with it. "N-no. I was just working on some project. I'm done with the day actually." 

Baekhyun hums, "University student?" 

You nodded, alittle shy. You know that he is no longer studying despite him looking younger than his actual age. However, you didn't want him to see you as someone much younger than him. Weirdly, you didn't want to look like a kid to him. 

"What are you majoring in?" Baekhyun continues to ask in a gentle tone. The thing that you like about this new neighbour of yours is that he always make sure to speak in a soft and tender tone. You don't know if he does that to everybody or if it's just you. Still, it definitely adds some points to your impression on him. 

"I-Interior designing."

His eyes lits up with admiration, "That's not a very easy major. You must be really hardworking." He compliments.

Your heart skips. He was the first person to actually compliment you instead of commenting on how interior design should not be put as a long-term future career plan. It's not easy to be successful if you want to be an interior designer, this was what your mom always said.

Unlike your parents or even your boyfriend, this man here didn't put down your passion and hobby like how they did.

"T-thanks." You were mermerised by how good he looked just by smiling. You wonder how many girls have fallen in love with him especially when he always look so good.

Baekhyun continues, "I should have looked for you to get some advice on the decorations of my house." He jokes.

But you almost told him that you really wouldn't mind helping him out. You would gladly do that, actually.

"Oh." Baekhyun grins, finally remember something, "I just wanted to ask if you have some sauces that I can borrow? I couldn't get it from the market earlier on." 

You nodded quickly as you walk into the kitchen. Baekhyun took it as a sign and enter your house with gentle steps. He didn't step in too much and stood near the door. Baekhyun looks around and notice that your apartment was actually slightly smaller than his. But it was cozy, alot warmer than his. 

You came running back to him with different sauces that you can find in your cabinet. He smiles when you started explaining to him what were those little bottles for. He took the salt from you and stares, "You seem like you can cook very well." 

You quickly look away, heart thumping when your eyes met his. "I-I live alone, so I usually cook for myself." 

"If so." He smiles again, "Do you mind coming over to help me out?"

The next moment you knew, you were already in your new neighbour's house. His furniture was pretty much done setting up except for a few more cartons boxes which was labelled 'documents.' 

You look around to catch glimpse of Baekhyun's pet dog, but to your disappointment, you didn't see her. 

"Where's Mongryong?" You ask softly and Baekhyun turns to you, alittle surprised that you actually remember his pet name. "I send her to the clinic just now." He chuckles when you looked alittle worried, "For some regular check up. Don't worry. She should be back by dinner time." 

You sigh in relief. You were also pretty much excited to see Mongryong because you have always wanted a pet dog, but you knew how much responsibility it takes and you didn't want it to be a rash decision. 

"If you like her so much," Baekhyun suddenly says, "You can come over any time." 

"C-can I?"

"Of course." Baekhyun turns his head and smiles at you, "You can come anytime you want to see us." You blush at his last word. 

Was it so obvious that you want to see him more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter