Thirteen Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We have gotten the deal with Mr Kento from Japan. We can sign the contract as soon as Mr Byun has look through and agrees with all the policies written. Then, we can get Mr Kim and his team to travel to Japan to proceed with the operations as discussed on the agreement letter. We just need Mr Byun to validate on this."

Usually, the man sitting at the head of the long desk would have announce his decision or concern by now. However, there was no answer from the expectant man this time and everyone almost find it unusual.

"Mr Byun?" Naeun, the secretary calls on him softly.

There was still no response from the man so she had to knock lightly on the desk to get her boss's attention. 

Baekhyun finally looks up, his eyes scanning the conference room, realising that everyone were staring at him with confused look. For all they know, Byun Baekhyun never zones out in a meeting before. In fact, he hates it when people loses focus during a meeting. 

When one of the staff under probation did that previously, he instantly instructed the overseeing manager to get him out of his firm. 

Yet, he's actually doing what he hates the most right now.

Naeun ask politely again, "May I ask for your decision on this, Mr Byun?" 

Baekhyun sighs, leaning back on his chair while he thinks deeply. He still don't get it. What did he do wrong to deserve all this treatment? He just felt that it was only right to let you know how he truly feels. Obviously, not knowing that things would turned out this way.

A few minutes has passed and the employees in the room were all thinking that their boss is going to come up with some impressive proposal for their company. That was what happened a few months back when Baekhyun was thinking this deeply, like now. He managed to point out some concealed mistakes that his team failed to notice. 

However, what he say next almost had all of them dropping to the floor, in shock and surprise.

"What do you do when someone is angry at you?" Baekhyun finally says, giving everyone a look. He couldn't care less anymore, he needed some opinion, advices or whatever they wanna call it. He just needed to get it out of his heart. "Or, what do you do when you don't even know why that person is angry but you just know that you are at fault?"

Everyone in the room instantly turn silent. 

Baekhyun frowns when he got no answers to his queries.

"You know what?" Baekhyun instructed while looking at his expensive Patek Philippe watch, "Everyone give me a suggestion on the things you can do to ask for forgiveness. I'm only giving five minutes and you can present to me individually afterwards."

As much as they were really lost, they don't dare to question much because the man giving instructions to them is the biggest boss in the company. They do what he ask and if you can't fulfill that, the door is just right there.  

The representative of marketing department gulps while raising his hand timidly. "M-Mr Byun? M-May I know the g-gender of that someone you are talking about?"

Baekhyun's eyes shifted to him and that man shivered in fear. "Female."

"H-How old?" Another man asked.

Baekhyun lets out a sigh, but smiles at the mention of you. "In her early 20s."

They gasp quietly. 

That afternoon, the entire company went into a searching s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter