Ten Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It really ain't easy waking up to a pounding headache and an upset stomach. You didn't know who to blame but you were regretting chunking all those shots last night. You stare at the clock and it was almost hitting 2 in the afternoon. You groan while pulling yourself to sit up.

You couldn't really recall much from last night, but you were sure that the last person you saw was Byun Baekhyun.

You almost hit yourself on the forehead.

I didn't do anything stupid, right?

Soomin once told you that you turn into someone new when you are drunk. You were just hoping that you didn't do anything silly and make a fool of yourself infront of him. 

You quickly check your phone, seeing a few messages from Baekhyun.

The first message reads:

I'm out with the guys for some shopping. Do you want anything?

Second message:

I bought something for you. 

Third message:

Give me a call when you are up.

Your heart warms at the texts from Baekhyun. You don't usually wake up to things like that and it absolutely feels unfamiliar, yet fascinating.

You return a call to Baekhyun and he almost answered the next second, "Hana?"

"H-Hi, Baekhyun."

The man looks down and smile, although he was actually pushing Chanyeol away since that giant kept pestering him on which t-shirt design he should get. "How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine." You replied back, blushing. "I'm sorry for last night, I must have gave you a lot of trouble."

Baekhyun smiles even wider as soon as you said that. The image of you pouting and complaining about Chanyeol was still circling in his mind. He surely find it adorable. "Don't worry, you were cute." 

You blush even more, quickly changing the topic to something else, "S-Should I head out and meet you guys later?" Baekhyun checks his watch and hums, "You can rest more, we are heading back soon."

"Oh.." You mutters, "Then what's the plan tonight?" Since you woke up really late. 

"Fireworks." Baekhyun simply said, "Didn't you said that you wanted to see the fireworks?"

You thought for a while and concluded that you probably spat that out to him yesterday when you were drunk. Nonetheless, the fireworks is impossible anymore.

"Baekhyun.." You mutters, "The fireworks display is actually a one-time event. It ended yesterday already."

Baekhyun, on the other hand, didn't falter when he heard that. Instead, he just smirk while tapping on the back of his phone.

"I'll make it happen again tonight, Hana." 

-

That evening, the group came back and Baekhyun went to look for you in your room. He handed you a paper bag and you were initially confused till you realised that it was filled with books on interior designing. 

Baekhyun clears his throat when you kept staring at him. He thought he needed to explain himself so he pulls out one of the coloured books, "I saw these when I was in the bookstore with Suho." He leans against the doorframe, "I thought you will love these, and I got it for you."  

You couldn't register that heart-thumping feeling, so you ended up stuttering some grateful words. You really didn't expect him to keep your liking in mind. You were more than grateful and touched by his actions.

He definitely earns more points in your heart now. 

Then, the whole group of you went out for dinner which was located at the other side of the town. It went on smoothly until Baekhyun tells the group that he will be bringing you elsewhere after this. 

Of course, Chanyeol was the first and only to object the idea. 

However, when Baekhyun just kept quiet and his eyes stuck on him with a hint of frustration. Chanyeol knew that he need to stop his complaints. "Don't come back too late!" Was the last thing Chanyeol said before the car drove off. You chuckled when you saw his reluctant face through the side mirror.

Baekhyun looks at you for a moment while you commented, "Chanyeol is kinda cute." The man furrowed at your statement. He would never connect the word 'cute' with someone like Chanyeol. Just anyone, but not him. 

"He seems to dislike me for some reasons though.." You trailed off, earning another look from Baekhyun. Baekhyun notices your disappointed look, so he gave you a gentle pat on your head. "You don't have to care about him. He's not someone important in your life."

Maybe he's right, but...

"Chanyeol is your best friend, isn't he?" 

Baekhyun nods, his face squinting up with a slight annoyance at the thought of that man, although you were sure that you caught sight of him smiling as well, "I have known him for over 10 years." 

You look at Baekhyun while he stops his car before the traffic lights. How are you supposed to tell him that the reason you feel troubled over Chanyeol's attitude is because of him? 

Out of the 3 men, Baekhyun definitely has the best friendship with Chanyeol. Thus, you would surely want to be close with Chanyeol as well, just for him.

"It won't affect you either way." Baekhyun mutters softly, not wanting you to feel bad. However, on your side, you felt that Baekhyun was saying this because it wouldn't matter to him at all. Whether or not you have a good relationship with his friends, doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter