Six Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up to a ticklish sensation on your hand. It was Mongryong, giving you the adorable face while she use her nose to nudge your hands. You smile and rub her furry head, "Hey there, morning."

Mongryong made a cute sound before running back to her playing area. 

As you turn your head away from her, you realise that Baekhyun was still sleeping, but it was weird because you were actually lying on something that felt soft. You quickly straighten up, finally taking in that you have been asleep on Baekhyun's lap the whole night. 

You gasp.

I-I have been sleeping on his lap for the whole night?

Your mind was blank and you kept looking at Baekhyun. His arms were crossed and his head was lying on the couch's headrest.

It must have been uncomfortable for him to sleep like that. You blush at the thought of spending the entire night with him.

That's just so embarrassing. 

You covered the blanket on him and slowly make gentle steps to the door, thinking of returning back to your apartment first. 

However, the door slams open before you could even reach for the lock. There, came in a super tall man with fluffy brown hair. He was kicking his shoe off and didn't realise that you were standing a few feet away. "Yo, Baek-" The man stop abruptly when his eyes met yours. He kept blinking at you and you did the same as well. Then, you watch as his mouth spread wide open, forming into an 'o' shape.

"Holy . Am I seeing things now?"

You bow your head awkwardly, unsure of what you are suppose to say. "H-Hi?" 

The man ignores your greeting. He walks to you, hands holding onto your shoulders and kept turning you around so that he can check you from top to bottom. "My Baekhyun, what happened? I haven't see you for three days and you turned into this? Oh my god." He exclaims, shocking both you and himself.

Then, you felt a hand pushing the tall man away while pulling you to hide behind his figure. 

It was Baekhyun. 

The commotion must have woke him up. 

"Chanyeol, get out." Baekhyun hiss, and the taller man, Chanyeol, instantly brightens up as soon as he saw the person he has been dying to see. "Baekhyun, you are fine! You didn't turn into a girl?" 

Baekhyun throws him a glare. "Are you dumb?" 

You almost chortle at that. 

Chanyeol, who saw you trying to hide your laughter, decides to approach you. He stood in front of you and gave you the unwelcome look. "Who are you?"

"I-I'm-"

You were a little taken aback, mainly because this Chanyeol man was quite intimidating. He was a lot taller than you and he was shooting you this look as if he wants you to stay away from them or specifically, Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun pulls you away and continues to glare at the man, "You are scaring her, Chanyeol." 

"Am I?" Chanyeol turns to you and you gulp. "My name is Song Hana. I am Baekhyun's neighbour." You introduce but Chanyeol still didn't seem like he was convinced. He has this frightening aura. "Neighbour?" He narrowed his eyes, "What is a neighbour doing at someone else's house?" 

"I let her in." Baekhyun snaps, earning a pout from the taller man. You could see from the way they interact and the way Chanyeol doesn't get upset by the words Baekhyun says. 

They must be really close.

"Baekhyun?" You call softly and the man turns to you. Your heart skips when his eyes scans your face. He was trying to ensure that you were not crying anymore and when he saw you looking a lot brighter, his heart also lightens up. "I should get going now. I still have lessons in the afternoon. Thank you for yesterday and also, for letting me stay overnight here." Baekhyun returns you a smile and walks you to the door. 

You turn back to him again when he calls you, "Remember what I said last night?" You tilt your head to the side and Baekhyun just give you a soft pat, "You can always rely on me. Talk to me, okay?"

You smile, "I know, Baekhyun." 

As soon as you left, the chatter box has join in the chat. "So, mind telling me who is she?" Baekhyun groans inwardly as he walk to the bathroom to clean up. Chanyeol, who kept following him was giving him a headache, so he ended up giving him a nonchalant answer,  "Song Hana."

"And?" Chanyeol grew expectant, "I mean, who is she?"

"Chanyeol, I swear you-" 

"I just want to make sure she's not going to hurt you." Chanyeol pulls a face and mutters the next few words, "Like how Minyoung did." 

Lee Minyoung, Byun Baekhyun's ex-girlfriend.

Hearing that, Baekhyun fell silent. He really ain't in the mood to listen to his friend's nagging, as much as he knows that he has a good intention. He walks into the kitchen to get a cup of water before returning back to the living room to get his work done for the meeting today. 

Chanyeol sighs, plopping himself beside Baekhyun, "Do you like that neighbour of yours?"

Baekhyun continues to stare at his laptop's screen, he couldn't help but pause for a moment after hearing that. He his lips and murmurs, "I don't." 

Chanyeol snickers, "You look like you are in love with her." 

Baekhyun frowns and turns to him this time, "I don't."

"No. You should have seen the way you look at her. You look like you are a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter