Seven Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you were to ask Baekhyun what was one thing he will never forget in his entire life, it would be the feeling of seeing someone he love, leave him for other man. Baekhyun used to have someone he love a lot. Someone whom he thought he will be walking the wedding aisle with, someone whom he wants to give the best of everything in the world and someone whom he can sacrifice everything just for her happiness.

That someone was, Lee Minyoung. 

Baekhyun was 20 when it all happens. It was the age of settling into adulthood and the age of falling in love. Baekhyun was very popular back then. Everyone in his college loves and adores him. However, he wasn't interested in anyone or anything. He was a very cold and distant person who didn't give a damn about other people. 

He honestly didn't really have to put in much efforts in his studies, he was born smart. Not to mention, he comes from the Byun family. He is rich, smart and good looking, anything you can relate to the word 'perfection'. To put it in a simple way, he is a full package. 

Baekhyun was lucky. Everything was set in place for him to the point he thought his life was dark, dull and boring. Until he met the girl of his life, or so..he thought. 

Minyoung was the opposite of Baekhyun. He was cold, she was lively. He was quiet and she was noisy. He has good grades and she always ended at the bottom of the class ranking. Amazingly, the two of them was placed together in the same class for business studies, an extra elective to earn points for graduation. Unlike everyone else, Minyoung wasn't afraid of Baekhyun. She sees him as a normal classmate of hers. She tries to befriend him by sticking close to him and her daily to-do-list was to annoy Baekhyun. The man used to tell her to get out of his sight but was consistently ignored by her. Baekhyun didn't care anymore. He let her in ever since then. 

Slowly, he started to accept the existence of her in his life. They were friends turned lovers. Baekhyun was the one who confessed to her. She looked hesitant initially but still said yes to him. They were happy, or he thought they were happy. 

Everything lasted well for three years until Minyoung comes up to him one day, confessing the truth that she was tired of him and wants a breakup. Apparently, she didn't felt anything with him despite them dating for three years.

"What do you mean by you don't feel anything when you are with me?" Baekhyun couldn't contain his anger. His jaw was clenched and there was a lot of questions running though his head.

Minyoung avoided his eye contact, "I-I never loved you. I mean, maybe I felt something but it was just a mere spark. I always have someone I loved and that person is not you." 

"And?" Baekhyun snaps, his eyes darkening, "You still agreed to my confession eventhough you don't like me?" 

"Baekhyun, don't you understand? You let me in and I can't let you go like that. I can't let someone like you go off like that. I thought we could make it out! I thought I'll fall in love with you. But I can't do this anymore." 

Baekhyun let out a bitter laughter. "You can't do this anymore? We spend three years together, Minyoung. Now you are telling me you can't do this with me and wants a breakup?" Baekhyun almost lost it when he saw her nodding. If she said no, he would have trusted her and pretend as if this conversation didn't happened at all.

This is how much he loves her.

Nonetheless, the truth always hurts. 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I wanted to be your friend because you are rich, handsome and smart. You are Byun Baekhyun. I thought I'll be happy with you. You confessed to me and I went with it, for three years. I was happy but when he came back to me, I knew it was him all along." She cries, "I don't expect you to forgive me, I really don't."

Baekhyun found his heart breaking apart. The same person who makes his heart skips almost everyday, was also the same person who was killing his heart. 

"Minyoung, please? Don't say that. We don't have to break up. Maybe you are right, we can work things out. Just don't say that you don't want me anymore, please." Baekhyun has never pleaded anyone. Not his parents, Chanyeol or any of his friends. Right now, he was actually putting down the usual arrogant him, just to make the person he loves, stay with him. 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. I'm going back to the person whom I love."

Baekhyun felt his world crashing down. The next moment he knew, he felt something rolling down from his eyes. He always hates people who cries. He finds them a nuisance. Never will he ever imagine that he will be crying over a woman who isn't his family members. Maybe, a part of him already sees her as his family.

"Let's just break up, Baekhyun. There's no point for me to continue putting up a show for you. Don't call me anymore, this is the last time, please." 

That was the last word from Minyoung. She left his world after that. She left completely.

Minyoung was the first person who makes Baekhyun experience the feelings of heart pounding and butterflies in the stomach. She was also the first person who broke his heart like that.

 -

Baekhyun opens his eyes again, feeling frustrated. No matter how hard he tries to fall asleep, he couldn't do that at all. He was tired from all the meetings today. Everything turned out well, but it wasn't enough to make him smile for anyone. His mind travelled back to what Chanyeol told him in the morning. 

It was bothering him.

No matter how hard he tries to deny his feelings, he knows Minyoung still stands a part in his heart. How can he forget her so easily? He was never the one who wanted the break up, she was the one who broke it first. He couldn't exactly say that he still love her like how he used to, it was more of a habitual feeling that he couldn't get rid of. He didn't like that at all, he hates how his past kept haunting him. It was a heartbroken memory that he really don't want to remember anymore. 

He doesn't want to remember the details of someone he loved, turning her back on him.

Baekhyun decided that he shouldn't be staying at home. He can't sleep and his mind was occupied by things he doesn't want to think about. He came out of his apartment, thinking of taking a walk around the neighbourhood to clear his mind. At that very moment, he could hear your door unlocking as well. 

You walk out, eyes meeting his. You were wearing a loose outfit, a normal t-shirt with FBT shorts. Baekhyun frowns at the sight of that.

Too short, he thought.

You caught him staring at your legs and you turn red, slightly regretting your outfit choices. Who knows you might actually bump into him at such a late timing? You thought he must be sleeping already since it was nearly 12:30am.

"Can't sleep?" Baekhyun asks and you nods at him. "You too?"

Instead of agreeing, he just chuckles and points to somewhere, "Do you want to take a stroll with me?" 

You beam, "Sure."

You were walking beside Baekhyun. He was at the outer side of the walkway, keeping you away from the cars. He would scan the area at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter