Twelve Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only now that Baekhyun realised he wasn't good at hiding his emotions at all. He always thought he mastered the act of pretending and shielding his feelings to everyone whom he didn't want to show his weaknesses to. Yet, he could almost swore that he felt like he was on a rollercoaster ride. 

It was from the reluctancy of being dragged by Kai to have dinner with him outside, to annoyance when he saw you and Sehun chuckling over some dumb jokes (he assumed), to confusion when he supposedly thought that you were going to break up with your boyfriend.

Chanyeol would have laughed while rolling on the floor if he was here to witnessed the ups and down of Baekhyun. It was crazy and he hate to admit it. You do have such a huge impact on him that he thought he was going to die if he continues to watch the two of you together. 

Kai never notice anything, he was as oblivious as usual. Even when Baekhyun was trying to quicken his pace to somewhere else, he instantly stop him when he saw the familiar figures in the restaurant, by the window.  

"That's Sehun and Hana?"  

Right, Captain obvious.

Baekhyun was going to leave but he almost cussed when he saw his younger friend strolling into the restaurant like someone who's eager to present himself. 

If only Kai knew what Baekhyun was going through right now, he wouldn't have done what he did. 

-

Sehun decided to bring you out for dinner on Saturday night. He suggested the same Thai restaurant that you wanted to go the other time, only to get declined by you. You didn't want to go back there anymore. The place where you would be reminded of him.

In the end, you decided on western.

Sehun was busy telling you some funny jokes while playing with your hands. You were laughing at his facial expression until he stops talking out of a sudden, his eyes focused on the restaurant entrance door.

He continues to smile as soon as he was sure that he didn't recognise the wrong person. He lets go of your hands and stood up, "I think I saw a friend of mine." You were about to ask who until you heard that slightly familiar voice. "Sehun?"

"Hey, Kai!" 

You froze.

Kai? 

The same Kai whom you celebrated Chuseok with?

You turn behind, almost killing yourself on the spot when you saw the same man whom you went on a trip with, over a week ago. 

You look behind his shoulders and was contented to see that he was alone. That was, until another figure steps into the restaurant slowly. Kai wave his hands excitedly at the man to urge him to come over. 

You froze, for the second time. 

It was too late to hide yourself because you were sure that he already saw you way before you saw him. His eyes were literally on you the entire time until it stops at your boyfriend for a second.

You bite your lips anxiously. Of all people, why him and why now? 

"Come, hyung!" Kai pulls Baekhyun closer to Sehun. 

He looks at Sehun first, "This is Baekhyun hyung." Then he turns to the the latter. "This is Sehun and that's-" He looks at you, "You already know Hana." Then he points at you and Sehun again while staring at Baekhyun, "They are a couple."

You almost choke at that, earning a look from Sehun. "You all know each other?" 

You exchanges glances with Baekhyun and he was just standing there, waiting for your explanation. You swear you almost saw a teasing smile from him. You look away quickly, "B-Baekhyun is my neighbour and I know Kai because we went out on a trip together." Your voice sounded small.   

Sehun frowns, inwardly questioning your actions. He didn't know that you were associated to Kai, his friend. Furthermore, why would you be out with some other men that he didn't know of?

"You didn't tell me-"

"I asked her." Baekhyun cuts in, turning to your boyfriend with an unbothered look, "I asked her to join us because she had no one to spent Chuseok with. I'm sure you wouldn't mind, right?"

Sehun narrowed his eyes but smiles the next second, "You are right. As long as Hana is happy, I'm fine."

Baekhyun almost scoffed.

Kai quickly turns to him, side eyeing him to be a little nicer to his friend. Baekhyun shrugs, ignoring him. He was just speaking the truth. He didn't want Sehun to blame you for going out on a trip with them. If any, he will rather take the blame for you. 

"Can we join you two for dinner?" Kai suggested, putting his hands over Sehun's shoulder. You almost said no but sighs immediately when you saw Sehun welcoming them. 

Sehun switches next to you and Baekhyun instantly slide himself opposite you, with Kai beside him. Basically, the dinner date went from a two people date to a four people date. Sehun obviously didn't mind since he was busy talking to Kai about some gaming equipment.

However, it was different for you. 

You hung your head low and was pretending to be immersed in the menu because you didn't know where to focus your eyes on. You would definitely meet eyes with Baekhyun if you look up because you could already feel the constant stare from him.

You didn't know if you were overthinking or what, but he look frustrated and annoyed at the same time.

Unfortunately, it was all directed at you for some unknown reasons.

Sehun leans in to share the menu with you, "Which one do you want?" Your eyes scans the menu content and pointed at the seafood pasta. "This one." Sehun smiles, taking note of the number and proceeds to choose his own meal. He tilt his head to your side and asks, "You don't want chicken cutlet anymore?"

Your eyes sparkle at that but turns to a pout when you had to decide on either one of them. You can't possibly have both even though you want to eat both. Sehun smiles, brushing your hair to the side before speaking gently, "I'll get the chicken cutlet and we can share, alright?" 

You nods joyfully, thanking him back with a smile. Right then, you felt a soft kick on your lower thigh and you glance at the only possible man out of the three who did that.

Baekhyun was looking at the menu calmly, as if the one who accidentally brushes his feet on your lower thigh ain't him. His brows raises for a short while before signalling the waiter to come over.

You just sigh and look away.

He definitely did that on purpose, but why?

"So, Sehun.." Kai looks at the couple infront of him, "I didn't know the two of you were together until Hana told me about you the other time." Sehun's eyes flickered to you before shifting it away awkwardly, "I didn't have the chance to mention Hana to you."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

What kind of bad excuses is that?

"It's fine." Kai chuckles, looking at his friend, "I was just surprised when Hana told me about you. I even doubted whether we are talking about the same Sehun since you didn't say a thing at all." You didn't know if Sehun was guilty for that because he actually look uncomfortable at whatever Kai said.

You just shrugs at that. 

Kai ain't dumb. 

He was asking that because he wanted to know what he wanted to know. He was actually testing his friend out and he might be right on some things that he know he ain't in the position to say.

Maybe, the person next to him can.

Kai continues the conversation with Sehun about their interests and you were just listening to their conversation silently, fully aware of Baekhyun's gaze.

The waiter came to serve the food according to the orders made. You eyed the man infront of you until the green-looking vegetables on his plate caught your eyes. 

By reflex, your hand reaches out to pick out the ugly, disgusting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter