Three Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hana, are you listening?"

You snap out of your thoughts and turn to Sehun who was looking at you with the same confused look he had a few hours back. Sehun has been rambling on the basketball practice the other day. He wasn't too happy since one of his teammate wasn't co-orperative. You thought you were listening to him well, but in fact, your mind was travelling to the day where you spent your afternoon at Baekhyun's house.

You had to bite down on your lips to refrain from smiling so much at the thought of Baekhyun.

He definitely makes you feel over the moon.

Your eyes finally stops at your boyfriend who didn't seem too affected by your behaviour. He was focusing on his phone and would only look at you when he didn't get any responses.

"Sehun?"

The latter stares, "Hmm?"

"Remember the restaurant that I told you the other day? Can we go there today?" 

Honestly, you weren't expecting much from him and when the male shoots you the same apologetic look again, you knew you were right. You couldn't expect anything from him. 

"I'm sorry but I have-" 

"You have other things to do?" You cut him off and Sehun was a little taken aback since you sounded slightly harsher than before. "You know my basketball match is coming up and I-" 

"It's the fifth time, Sehun." You commented. "It's the fifth time you are rejecting me for other commitments." Now, that was something really upsetting.  

Sehun frowns and straightens up. "Hana, I thought you understand how important the match is to me? I'll be able to join the national team if I-"

"I thought so too!" You lash out at him, "I thought I would understand, until I realise this is getting out of hand. I am not getting any attention from you!"

Sehun shakes his head as if everything you said sounded nonsensical to him. "I don't understand what you are trying to say, Hana. It's not like I won't give you more of my time after the match ends. This is not an issue if you could be more understanding, you know."

Understanding?

You scoff at that.

How can he not realised that you were already very patient and understanding towards him? He was the one who didn't appreciate that. 

"Sehun.. I really don't know why, but I always feel that you are hiding something from me. It's like, there are some things you don't want to tell me. I always feel that we are trapped by something and I really need to know what is happening from your side." 

​​​​Sehun kept silent this time. His hand reaches out to his neck as he closes his eyes. That was something he always do when he was getting annoyed. Tears welled up in your eyes as soon as you saw that. He was getting annoyed, by you.

You just wanted to talk to him and get an explanation as to why he wasn't how he was like during the start of your relationship. Yet, he ain't even putting in any efforts to make everything better. 

Sehun became flustered when he realised that you were crying. Of course, that wasn't what he wanted in the first place. 

You could only just gaze at him with disappointment, "You know what, Sehun? If this continues on, I think it would be best for us to rethink about our relationship. There's no point if we are both making each other unhappy, don't you think so?" That was the last word you said to your boyfriend before stepping out of the cafe. You couldn't even turn your head to look at him due to how depressed you were and he wasn't even trying to make you stay. 

You were definitely understanding of him when he told you that he had to spend his time on his match practice for the first time, but as it continues for the fifth time, you couldn't trust him anymore. 

Sehun was the one who didn't understand anything.

He wasn't aware that you are just a normal human being. You get upset when he turns you down constantly. You get upset when he doesn't seem to care about your feelings. You get upset when he simply just brushes off your feelings like that. Yet, he turn the story around by blaming it on you for not being understanding enough.

​​​​​How can he be so unfair? 

-

Walking back home was longer than usual. It must have been due to the fact that you were tired and upset, but you just felt that it was taking up alot of time even though the route was still the same.

Unknowingly, your feet stops at the same exact place where your neighbour house was. Your place was just behind you, but you chose to stop yourself at Baekhyun's house first. You just wanted to see if he was perhaps at home. 

You look away in disappointment as soon as you saw that his lights were shut and the curtains were all drawn fully. 

What are you even expecting, Hana? Stop being-

"Hana?" You stop instantly at your tracks and turn back to the voice. 

​​​​​Baekhyun was just there, in his running outfit with Mongryong by his side. He was making his way towards you and you instantly felt your heart fastening. You didnt know what was a better choice; to just walk away since you were shy or say a quick hi.

You chose the second option, of course. 

"H-Hi?" You wave shyly at him. Baekhyun gave you a smile, signalling Mongryong something. The cute little corgi quickly runs to you and you squat down to acknowledge her.

"Hey little one." You finally smiles, "How is her check up?"

Baekhyun grin and bend down beside you as well, "Everything's fine. She just need to cut down on some snacks." Baekhyun said softly, his eyes gazing tenderly at the sight of you enjoying the companion of Mongryong.

You look at him and nods with a beam, "That's nice to hear. She should be able to-" 

"You cried?"

You look at him, surprised. Baekhyun was just smiling a second ago, but it was immediately replaced with a frown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter