Four Hearts

Cheating Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You got back home after a long morning in school. Your day didn't turn out well after your lecturer announced that there will be a few reports and assignments coming in before the semester ends. Honestly, it dampens your mood a lot.

Not only that, Sehun didn't seems like he was affected by the talk with you the other day. At least, he didn't seem as troubled as you are. He tried to get you to talk to him, but you refused, not until he finally tells you what is happening. If he don't plan to tell you all the things that went wrong with him, then you wouldn't talk to him either.

Fair enough. 

​​​​Right now, you just want to munch on some snacks that you got from the convenience store and get some energy sleep to brighten up your day.

Just then, you felt your phone vibrating at the back of your pants. You answered almost immediately after you saw the caller name on your screen. 

Baekhyun.

​​​​​"Hana?" 

"Y-Yeah?" You ask, slightly confuse. Baekhyun has never called you before. He asked for your number after he brought you out for dinner the other night but he has never called you before and vice versa. Although he did told you that you can always contact him whenever you need him, but you couldn't bring yourself to press on the call button.

You were too diffident. 

"Are you at home?" You could hear sounds of him turning the pages of some papers and you immeditaly come to a conclusion that he was currently at work. "I-I am at home." You stutters, "I just g-got back actually."

Baekhyun chuckles from the other line, "Hana." He calls softly, "Are you nervous?" 

You blush.

Of course you are.

"N-No." You lied, trying your best to hide your nervousness. "It's just..this is the first time you are calling me." 

The handsome male laughs again. This time, you could hear the keyboard typing sound coming from his side. He was multitasking and it seems like he was trying to complete the task as soon as possible. Your mind then travelled to a scene where he was working diligently, wearing formal suit with a pair of fake glasses. You gulp, that must be a sight to see. 

"Are you free right now?" Baekhyun questions, "I left my thumb drive on my dining table. Do you think you can get that for me?"

"Sure." You said almost too quickly, earning a small laughter from the older male. As soon as you said that, you instantly make your way over to his apartment.  

Baekhyun smiles, "The passcode is 1910."

"Is that your birthday?" You ask while pressing in the said numbers. "You know is dangerous to put your own birthday as the passcode to your house, Mr Byun." You joke. Even though Baekhyun is five years older than you, you have come to such a comfortable phase with him where you can just randomly throw a joke to him. And Baekhyun? He always know how to get back at you for that. 

However, this time, Baekhyun stayed silent. He didn't reply for a few seconds and you almost thought that the line was cut off.

"Baekhyun? You there?" 

"Sorry." He mutters softly. "I was picking up something."

"Oh." You reply. As much as you thought he sounded strange, you just shrug it off. He probably didn't heard that.

"I'm going in now."

Baekhyun hums.

Upon entering his apartment, you instantly saw the black thumb drive that was resting on the dining table. It seems that Baekhyun was in a hurry before leaving his house and must have forgotten about it.

"Do you mind bringing it to me?" 

You stop in your tracks, "To where?" 

Baekhyun smiles, "My office."

-

Byun Corporation

You almost couldn't believe your eyes.

You had to look at the text message that Baekhyun has sent you once again, just to ensure that you are really at the correct location. 

Baekhyun said he runs his own business but you could never imagine that he is the owner of the very prominent Byun Corporation. The organisation that always stands at the top three of the highest profit earned in each respective year.

You blink again. 

You couldn't help but gaze with admiration and excitement.

Baekhyun is doing so well in his life and the fact that he is only twenty-six years old. You sighs.

However, this also acts as a realization from your side. Baekhyun is living a separate life from yours. He is leading a path that has totally nothing to do with you. You are just an ordinary student who is still struggling to catch up on your studies. There is no way you can put yourself together with him. 

You dull at the thought of that. 

​​​​​​You took careful steps into the building. One of the lady at the entrance reception came to assist you as soon as she saw you coming in. It seems like she has already expected your arrival. "Hi. My name is Song Hana. I am looking for Baek- I mean Mr Byun."

The lady smiles politely at you, "Mr Byun has notified us. Please follow me to his office."

You shake your head at the lady and pass her the thumb drive instead. "It's fine. I'm just here to deliver the drive. You can pass it to him on my behalf." 

The lady frowns, "I'm afraid I can't do that for you, Ms Song." She turns you down and return the thumb drive back to you. You tilt your head at her, slightly confuse. "But it will be easier and faster if you-" 

"Mr Byun wants to see you." The lady cuts in, still replying in a well-mannered tone, "He instructed me to bring you to his office. So please, follow me."

This time, you had no reason to escape anymore, despite the fact that you were still puzzled.

You followed the lady to the highest level of the building. She was giving you small introduction of what the company does in their daily operations. You were aware, actually. Everyone knows about the Byun. The largest organisation in the country that specialises in the field of electronics. You just didn't know that the person behind all these successful acts is actually someone whom you see almost everyday. 

Gosh. You were just glad that you didn't do anything dumb infront of him. 

​​​​​​Everyone in the office just stares curiously when you walk in with the lady. She smiles at you when she saw your uneasy expression, "Don't worry, they are just curious because they don't get to see this everyday."

You turn to her, trying to clam yourself d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter